Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

How much weight do you normally lose from just curing? From when buds are done drying and jarred to when they're done. Researched but saw a lot of conflicting answers

How much weight do you normally lose from just curing? From when buds are done drying and jarred to when they're done. Researched but saw a lot of conflicting answers

iv worked it out that if i have 100g wet bud dry untill i have 30g then after curing i have 25g left of cured bud.

ive tried this twice now and got around the same result so i would give a figure of 5-10%.

but please bare in mind this is my own figures and other peoples may differ.

i hope this helps you.

Came home to this yesterday, upped the nutes and gave her another dose (last dose was 5 days ago or so .
420-magazine-mobile832492450.jpg

I personally think the lower stuff should be trimmed off to help promote growth to what's actually getting good light penetration. I'm on my first grow but I am noticing some areas on my plants that look "nute deficient" but I know it's from lack of good light. Who wants to start a gofundme so I can get a cob light? :) that's just my two cents though, could be a nute def, could be something else. I'm still learning, but I figured I'd try and bring some attention your way. Hope she heals up!

Btw what kind of light and what's the distance?

Yes it is., is there any home remedies to deter them? I pulled a caterpillar off the other day, and looked for more but couldn't find any. They just started flower yesterday so I'd like to remedy this ASAP.

I get some of the little buggers as well.. here's one in the action -
420-magazine-mobile989511886.jpg

It's these sad muthafarmers that can eat a few fan leaves a day...
420-magazine-mobile857285854.jpg

Remedies ; don't flick off spiders / praying mantis - praying mantis are the tits at plant defence ..
Can garlic spray your leaves, boil a few garlic, add it to a spray bottle (lukewarm with 5-10% organic dish soap) and it'll deter caterpillars aphids and spider mites to some degree. I haven't had caterpillars destroy my flowers before, just leaves..

First off, all purpose plant food is just that, for all purpose plants. You are growing weed. Go get some nutes formulated specifically just for weed. There are more than enough to choose from cheap to pharmaceutical priced.

I just bought some Elite nutes but others like Fox Farms, Advanced, General Hydroponic, etc.

Anything is better than Miracle Grow or another off brand all purpose plant food especially while in flower.

First off, all purpose plant food is just that, for all purpose plants. You are growing weed. Go get some nutes formulated specifically just for weed. There are more than enough to choose from cheap to pharmaceutical priced.

I just bought some Elite nutes but others like Fox Farms, Advanced, General Hydroponic, etc.

Anything is better than Miracle Grow or another off brand all purpose plant food especially while in flower.
I wasn't giving any nutes for that reason, only if it was a MUST ... Price isn't my problem . my local stores don't carry anything specifically for pot. So I'm at a loss here , she's shown this issue for two weeks (give or take ) and now I'm trying to fix it before it takes my entire plant down . cuz slowly they just keep coming off, I'm sure if left unattented it can continue moving up.

I wasn't giving any nutes for that reason, only if it was a MUST ... Price isn't my problem . my local stores don't carry anything specifically for pot. So I'm at a loss here , she's shown this issue for two weeks (give or take ) and now I'm trying to fix it before it takes my entire plant down . cuz slowly they just keep coming off, I'm sure if left unattented it can continue moving up.
Were I live they are know such thing as a hydro store or anything like that I have to order everything, Amazon is a great place to order any kind of nutes or anything else you need for your garden, they ship really fast also, I use the fox farm trio and get good results...️

Is that week 5 counting from the first day of 12/12 or counting from when you see clusters of pistils 7-10 days later? I'm trying some different tests out on different plants and I'm gonna give some PK 13/14 just once and the others I'm going to give it several times in flower. I have a few test subjects lined up and wanted to hear how everyone else uses PK 13/14. Im hearing there's benefits to using it more than once but don't know for sure.
My schedule starts pk 13/14 at week 3 of 12/12, 6ml per gal. And I use it till the final flush.:surf:

well I couldn't get the Ph crystals off the wall, tried vinegar(acid) and baking soda(alkaline) and it is still noticeable. dont know what else to do other than paint it, im guessing the only insoluble chemical in ph up and down is potassium silicate, but how dangerous do you think this shimmer could be? most people are saying none at all but a chemical sparkle that wont come off seems dangerous if they could come off and hit you in the eye or if you breath them in. has anyone else ever had a problem with these chemicals sticking around

So I usually don't ask questions but I am getting so many different answers it's crazy when using co2 what's best temp for flowering I have my best idea which is 82 degrees and 45% RH but I want to see what other great growers think. Hope some of you pros can explain why your temp for co2 during flower is .....?

So I usually don't ask questions but I am getting so many different answers it's crazy when using co2 what's best temp for flowering I have my best idea which is 82 degrees and 45% RH but I want to see what other great growers think. Hope some of you pros can explain why your temp for co2 during flower is .....?

I've "read" that the low 90s was the sweet spot

well I couldn't get the Ph crystals off the wall, tried vinegar(acid) and baking soda(alkaline) and it is still noticeable. dont know what else to do other than paint it, im guessing the only insoluble chemical in ph up and down is potassium silicate, but how dangerous do you think this shimmer could be? most people are saying none at all but a chemical sparkle that wont come off seems dangerous if they could come off and hit you in the eye or if you breath them in. has anyone else ever had a problem with these chemicals sticking around

sillicates are very sturdy and inert ... to my opinion they pose no risk ... not even the slightest ... i mean quartz is sillicate ... cement hardens out into sillicates ... the earth crust is mainly sillicates ...the sands in the sahare ... guess what they are ... hey it may even be beneficial for lightrefraction and -reflection ... ;)

Hey man, is a bit advanced for me to give personal experiences, but have a look into the principles of "Vapour Pressure Deficit" (VPD). There's some good videos that could only be made better with Morgan freeman as narrator, but it was very insightful for me with regards to RH/Temp ~ Co2 in the grow tent.

Well I have a bunch of stuff first of all I'm growing in biobizz light mix with 100 grams of bat guano in each 20 lt buckets 45 buckets in total I have 5 different strains all autos which are girl Scout cookies ,green crack ,thc bomb, Night queen and West Coast Ogi all of from fast buds but besides the THC bomb and night queen THC bomb is from bomb seeds Night queen is from Dutch passions have a pretty big carbon filter AC and air intake when the lights are on it's around 28 Celsius when they're off I bring it down 22 I only have one problem which is humidity but overall they're looking good and healthy and I'm feeding hesi products
Send me a link to your journal , id like to sub up for this .

Back
Top Bottom