Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Here's a better pic, it says soil or coco on top...️
0b4675d3d4dc5003faf1ce3e40c49805.jpg

Was shopping online for new lights. Anyone heard of or used Weedbulbs CFLs? Found them on Amazon but can't find a website. They sound too good to be true and wanted to see if anyone had tried them. Thanks!

Was shopping online for new lights. Anyone heard of or used Weedbulbs CFLs? Found them on Amazon but can't find a website. They sound too good to be true and wanted to see if anyone had tried them. Thanks!

Send a link and i will have a look. Ive never heard of them but that doesnt mean theey arent a good product and dont work. It depends on what the bulb is claiming to do. Cflw are fine for vegging and supplementing larger lights bit they arent good for flowering.

Cflw are fine for vegging and supplementing larger lights bit they arent good for flowering.

:confused:

not to be a disagreeable ole fart, like i usually am,, but, well, ummmm,

i guess since i use cfl's exclusively in one section of my flower room, i best defend them,, for my own conscience at least

i will say i would never buy any 'special' advertised cfl light for any reason, ever. nuff said about that

but as stated i use cfl's exclusively from seed to harvest for some of my grow, and with more than adequate results. the key to cfl success is also their biggest plus,,

how close they can be to the plants

very close,, within an inch

P1160962.JPG

P1160953.JPG

i even have a link in my ciggy for building a panel,, ole school, i know, but functional as well

just an fyi folks,, cheers

Another question for the expert panel. What is y'alls opinion on the a dark period before harvest?

I've got a Seedsman Skunk #1 Auto in soil with 3 large CFLs flooding it with light. I've read on different threads of the forum that for "best results" let your girls sleep in the dark for 12-48 hours before harvesting.
1) is this a useful step?
2) how long have you let them "sleep" in the dark?
3) why does this provide better results?

Thanks everyone!! The help I've received on here has been invaluable!!!!

Have heard anywhere from 48-72 is helpful to leave the thc levels at their peek possible potency level and it makes sense in theory but who knows without doing a side by side of clones in a fixed environment with lab data to back the results. Two-three day dark is something I have done in the past and probably the future but we do what we do all in the name of quality cannabis!

Hi all.... I'm fixing to be finished with my first run an starting to prep for my second run. The question that I have do you reuse the dirt that you've already had or do you throw it away and start with fresh dirt? I recently discovered a small ace and farm on one of my buds and don't want to carry that on to my second run and I'm afraid that if I sterilize my dirt I will lose all nutrients and microbes in the soil. What do y'all think?

I have a question about my different tent situations. I'm running a wellpar 600w led in a 2x4x5 and a humidifier. Temp around 65 humidity 40 or I have the same set up in a 2x2x4 temps around 75 humidity around 50. 7 day old purple Uto.

Tm what's the question, exactly?

Cannibcody if you had big issues, I wouldn't risk reusing it without sterilizing first. If bugs were not an issue, people reuse and it doesn't always last for a second Grow, but they rely on the nutes in the soil from bean to buds. If you plant to use nutes/teas etc then I'm sure a second run would be fine. You can even mix it up with a little more to freshen it up.

Another question for the expert panel. What is y'alls opinion on the a dark period before harvest?

I've got a Seedsman Skunk #1 Auto in soil with 3 large CFLs flooding it with light. I've read on different threads of the forum that for "best results" let your girls sleep in the dark for 12-48 hours before harvesting.
1) is this a useful step?
2) how long have you let them "sleep" in the dark?
3) why does this provide better results?

Thanks everyone!! The help I've received on here has been invaluable!!!!
I have did it for the last 4-5 grows, and can't really say it improved anything, but I'll keep doing it just in case !!:rofl: And we shouldn't be growing stuff that needs improving !!

Got a wiring question. I want to run 5 120 qb's off 2 36v 150w meanwells. I can't just run them basic series or parallel. Can i split it up evenly? I've got a basic understanding of electrical. Can i run 2 boards off each driver in series then the 5th ran parallel from 2 boards that are ran from opposite drivers?

Back
Top Bottom