Autos Under A Mars Hydro FC 4800: Soilless & FN Fertilizer, By Farside05

Forgot to add...

As part of my review of the FC4800, it weighs less than my old homemade unit. As such, it doesn't hurt your head as much when you think you're clear of the light and stand up quickly. Am I the only one who repeatedly bashes their cranium on their light?

Also, after making FN Micros© last week, I got a bug up my ass. All of the products I picked up from the local Ace Hardware work, but they are prills/balls that appear coated with a plastic like substance. Probably best used sprinkled in a garden rather than made into hydroponic grade concentrated fertilizer. The plastic type residue ends up sticking to the side of your pot when mixing. So I replaced all the cheaper Hi-Yield brand components with hydroponic grade stuff from Greenway Biotech. Should make future batches much easier and less messy to mix.

Forgot to add...

As part of my review of the FC4800, it weighs less than my old homemade unit. As such, it doesn't hurt your head as much when you think you're clear of the light and stand up quickly. Am I the only one who repeatedly bashes their cranium on their light?

Also, after making FN Micros© last week, I got a bug up my ass. All of the products I picked up from the local Ace Hardware work, but they are prills/balls that appear coated with a plastic like substance. Probably best used sprinkled in a garden rather than made into hydroponic grade concentrated fertilizer. The plastic type residue ends up sticking to the side of your pot when mixing. So I replaced all the cheaper Hi-Yield brand components with hydroponic grade stuff from Greenway Biotech. Should make future batches much easier and less messy to mix.
Morning @farside05. Hey on your droughting this weekend as you mentioned - are you doing an intermittent drought thing? Or a limited one? What's the story with the drought "plan?"

Morning @farside05. Hey on your droughting this weekend as you mentioned - are you doing an intermittent drought thing? Or a limited one? What's the story with the drought "plan?"

Well, they've been droughted 2x in the last 3 weeks, mainly from lack of paying attention. Honest, they seemed like the pots were still heavy enough when I checked them the night before. But hey, droughting is supposed to help increase trichomes right? :rofl:

Well, they've been droughted 2x in the last 3 weeks, mainly from lack of paying attention. Honest, they seemed like the pots were still heavy enough when I checked them the night before. But hey, droughting is supposed to help increase trichomes right? :rofl:
Lol! Well, I think @Stunger would probably argue that it does.....

Lol! Well, I think @Stunger would probably argue that it does.....

There's plenty of scientific data that says it does. The :rofl: guy is more at my lack of actual planning regarding it.

All caught up and sitting in for this awesome new setup and light. That light though!!! Congrats on a serious kickass piece of equipment. I still appreciate the faux-silica solution you helped me with a couple years ago. My dumbass forgot what concentration I made (label faded) and now have about a ½ quart that I have no idea how to use. :laugh: :hmmmm:

I love seeing the breakdown of your nutrient mixes and going all in on SOLID DIY recipes. Bookmarked and will do my best to encourage other folks to visit this. I know you were asking for people to volunteer to try your stuff. I would love to help you with that, but I can't right now. Got a few sponsor products to try out for the next couple grows. Eventually, I would be in a good spot to give the FN Fertilizer a go. I would be more than happy to pay for my share of the ingredients too. Thanks again for all the great info Farside. Great journal so far.

it doesn't hurt your head as much when you think you're clear of the light and stand up quickly. Am I the only one who repeatedly bashes their cranium on their light?
:smokin::nervous-guy::ciao::ciao::ciao:
I got a bug up my ass.
Well that's never fun is it?! Hate it when that happens.

Well that's never fun is it?! Hate it when that happens.

Its a little expensive at times to get a case of OCD. Once I started replacing equipment, it cost me a fan and 2 filters (although the filters really needed replaced anyhow). Made some nutes and next thing you know I'm replacing 5 bags at a cost of about $90. I had a tree service come trim some of my big hardwoods. That cost me $1400, but the guy had a wicked backpack blower that he used to clean up part of my yard. All I had was an attachment for my weed wacker. After seeing how quick and how much better it worked, next thing you know I'm ordering a backpack blower too. Thank God it's been a good income month. This is a 3 check month for me, and then we got a good raise that was retroactive back to Jan 1. So it was like 4 paychecks this month instead of the normal 2.

Its a little expensive at times to get a case of OCD. Once I started replacing equipment, it cost me a fan and 2 filters (although the filters really needed replaced anyhow). Made some nutes and next thing you know I'm replacing 5 bags at a cost of about $90. I had a tree service come trim some of my big hardwoods. That cost me $1400, but the guy had a wicked backpack blower that he used to clean up part of my yard. All I had was an attachment for my weed wacker. After seeing how quick and how much better it worked, next thing you know I'm ordering a backpack blower too. Thank God it's been a good income month. This is a 3 check month for me, and then we got a good raise that was retroactive back to Jan 1. So it was like 4 paychecks this month instead of the normal 2.
I wanted to laugh and love that response! I can completely relate to it. Haaa haa. I recently got some new battery powered backpack sprayers. Soooo much easier to manage the foliar spraying of the yard. I'm using one just for drenching the plants in my tent. Forces me to slow down my drenches vs. using a watering can.

Oh...and good income months are always a blessing! I can appreciate those...and good paid labor to take care of shit I don't want to. Lol

Damn that was an expensive post! I had to check my wallet after I finished just to see if you had spent my money too. :eek:

April 2022 logical conclusions...

Sailors like rum.

Rum gets you drunk.

Drunken sailors spend lots of money.

I like rum, therefore, I am sailor, and thus, must spend a lot of money.

And then there was 2. I'll try to get the rest harvested before I go out of town Friday and Saturday. Have to move the daughter from her dorm room into an apartment.

Lots of missile shaped colas just for @InTheShed

Oh good god, man.

:adore::oops::adore::oops:

I would say that qualifies as a legit harvest. Goddamn, those colas. So huge and so CONSISTENT. Beautiful work, absolutely stellar harvest. Congratulations.

Oh good god, man.

:adore::oops::adore::oops:

I would say that qualifies as a legit harvest. Goddamn, those colas. So huge and so CONSISTENT. Beautiful work, absolutely stellar harvest. Congratulations.

The nice thing is that there's 2 more just like them yet to harvest.

WuuuuuWeeeee!!! Beautiful harvest man! Congrats. Looks amazing. Good luck on moving the daughter and getting her settled in.
Thanks. The move is a logistical nightmare. Tomorrow we get the truck, then we have to pick her up a used washer and dryer. We'll probably load more Thursday night then Friday, stop by the mattress store and get her new bed. Then drive 175 miles. May hang out Saturday evening and go to a USFL game before coming home.
Damn better looking than anything Bezos can build. :welldone:

Ahh, the move from meal plan to ramen!
She's looking forward to having a kitchen. Grandma is footing the bill for the apartment so all the daughter will really be responsible for is gas and groceries.
Nice. I like the quick, not so semi-subtle hit on Jeffy boy.
Don't be too rough on Jeffy. The Zon is a 3rd shifters best friend when things get slow at work. You do tend to spend too much money though. On that end, my new backpack blower showed up today. TOYS!

Back
Top Bottom