B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Tent

Re: B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - BPN - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Multi-Strain Tent Pa

damm thats defintly a cool idea. going to have to keep that in mind for the next grow

Re: B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - BPN - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Multi-Strain Tent Pa

was wondering how you guys keep a clone like for holding it, not trying to grow it fast, in fact the opposite, i want to keep a few clones that i take later on, to hold back for breeding or whatever but i dont want them to grow fast, is it just a matter of giving them little food and low light, i will go look for an anwser, but if you have a method i would love to hear it

Looks nice as always BID. Check this ...
How can I hold clones in stasis? The fridge method

i was having a good read through my grow book last night and it said its best not to use co2 for the last 2 weeks as it can affect yield and quality, when i get home ill write down exactly what it said.

another thing it said in the grow book is something called double flower, you flower the plants for 5 weeks then put them back under veg for a week or 2 then back into flower, this creates huge buds, ill write down exactly what it said when im back home with the book, it had a picture of plants with huge buds, fat chunky buds thicker than your arm, ill tell you what it exactly says when i get home,

just remember shop bought cs liquid is poisenous and it cant be injested or smoked, so if you buy the cs done get smoaking any of the stuff you spray, the seeds will be ok and the plants grown from them seeds will be ok, its just the shop bought cs solution is not to be injested in any way, BID has got a guide on how to make your own safe cs,
Donpaul I do have to tell you that you can get CS that is not poisonous at the drug store it is made for human consumption. Before I learned how to make it I would buy it. It is really good for you. I am not disagreeing that there are some brands out there that should not be consumed but, there are some you can buy that are okay. The ones that are poisonous are mostly made to make feminized seed have other things added to it. Did you know that when people in the old west traveled from east to west they would put silver dollars in their water to keep it fresh. This made it so that they could have water even when there was none around.

ok mate, thanks for that, ill have a look out for some, it might be easier than trying to make it, i just didnt want to use the one that is not consumable, not that im going to be eating or smoking the part thats been sprayed but if it got on other parts then i need to make sure its safe in case i do spray it on parts im going to use for smoking

me and miwa where discussing this fridge method a few weeks back, he is in the 2nd week of our test, he is planning on keeping them in the fridge in water for a month then trying to root and grow them, but miwa is trying something different, he has placed 2 cuttings in the jar in his fridge, one is a fresh cutting, but the other is a cutting that has all ready been rooted, from what i have read you can kee them in the fridge for anything up to 3 months, but if we can keep clones in the fridge that are all ready rooted and then grow them then this would be a sure way of keeping rooted clones alive until you wanted to use them, it has been over a week since he started and they look the same as they did when they went in the fridge, seems to be working well so far, but the test will be with the clone that has roots, if this can survive then this opens up many doors on keeping clones viable between grows

me and miwa where discussing this fridge method a few weeks back, he is in the 2nd week of our test, he is planning on keeping them in the fridge in water for a month then trying to root and grow them, but miwa is trying something different, he has placed 2 cuttings in the jar in his fridge, one is a fresh cutting, but the other is a cutting that has all ready been rooted, from what i have read you can kee them in the fridge for anything up to 3 months, but if we can keep clones in the fridge that are all ready rooted and then grow them then this would be a sure way of keeping rooted clones alive until you wanted to use them, it has been over a week since he started and they look the same as they did when they went in the fridge, seems to be working well so far, but the test will be with the clone that has roots, if this can survive then this opens up many doors on keeping clones viable between grows

I have had herbs last for months in the coolers at work. This is totally possible!! I just make sure that people didn't touch the herbs with their bare hand's after a really weak bleach water solution dip for the herbs. The oils and bacteria on our hands make the leaf's breakdown a ton faster. They seriously lasted months. I've also seen basil root in pitchers in cooler's, we lol'ed at our fake hydro basil, but hey it was happy.

thanks for the info, miwa is planning on keeping them in the fridge for 1 month then trying to get the 1 rooted and the 1 with roots he will try and see if it grows, when he takes these out he will put more in and keep them for longer and see how long they can actually last for,

im also giving it a try as soon as my clones have rooted and ill run the same test, cuttings with roots and fresh cuttings, ill take say 3 of each and put them in fridge, then every 4 weeks ill take 1 out of each jar and try growing the one with roots and try rooting the cutting without, i want to try and find out how long they can last for, it would be a way of keeping a viable clone for a later grow, just depends how long they can stay viable for, and would the water need changing or adding oxygen to, say a spray bottle and have it on the jet setting and give each jar 4 or 5 sprays to splash the water and add o2 into the jars, but as we are not trying to get them rooted in the fridge this might not even need doing,

Ok BID...
With your guidance combined with a ton of research, I have built my soil for my air-pots and will use either today or tomorrow. Here's my recipe. Let me know if I am missing anything crucial.

2 ft^3 Roots Organics Coco
2 ft^3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 ft^3 Perlite #3 coarse
3 C Extreme Gardening Mycos
2 C Happy Frog Steamed Bone Meal
2.5 C (1 lb) Azomite
1/4 C (1.25 oz) TeraVita SP-90 Humic Acid Powder
7 lbs (1/2 bag) Wiggle Worm Earthworm Castings
2 gal (diluted) Vermi T Solution microbial tea

It is really hard to figure out how much azomite and humic acid to use since they only give directions for square feet (not cubic) and/or how much to use per acre. I just used an educated guess. The hydro store has this tea available at all times for $6 and can be diluted to 25 gallons. I probably will make my own eventually, but this was easy for now. What do you think of my science experiment? Not exactly what you have taught but I think it's close. Do you see any problems with my mix or ratios?

Thanks again for all your help and I look forward to any and all critiques (from anyone).

funny i remember reading that now that you mention it lol i have read 99% of the threads in the how to grow section, i read and followed journals for a year and a half before i even signed up!!! and then after for 11 months when i started my first journal ,i knew i had read something about it,but my recall was not pulling it up,thanks for the reminder! reps if i could but i gotta spread it, maybe someone will get you or me

Donpaul I do have to tell you that you can get CS that is not poisonous at the drug store it is made for human consumption. Before I learned how to make it I would buy it. It is really good for you. I am not disagreeing that there are some brands out there that should not be consumed but, there are some you can buy that are okay. The ones that are poisonous are mostly made to make feminized seed have other things added to it. Did you know that when people in the old west traveled from east to west they would put silver dollars in their water to keep it fresh. This made it so that they could have water even when there was none around.
yup your spot on baby doll! i was meaning to put that info up but you got to it for me mucho gratz! silver,gold,iron, and many others are used by our bodies, if you get a full spectrum mineral supplement it will usually contain silver in some form,we may only use a miniscule amount but it is used in some higher brain function,and has some other benefits if you notice there are many products containing siver in some form, ssd burn cream,socks and underwear, nasa's astronauts wear silver infused undergarments due to the antibacterial and anti fungal properties toxicity of ordinary silver is quite low, its not until scientist's start creating compounds oxides nitrates etc that toxicity comes into play, ok i said my piece on silver nuff said! lol

ok mate, thanks for that, ill have a look out for some, it might be easier than trying to make it, i just didnt want to use the one that is not consumable, not that im going to be eating or smoking the part thats been sprayed but if it got on other parts then i need to make sure its safe in case i do spray it on parts im going to use for smoking
for your own edification SPIFFY is a sexy beautiful cannabis girl! my sexy beautiful canna babe! yes im a very lucky and fortunate man! my girl not only approves of my medicine making hobby but is her self a grower/supporter/user/activist and also my sponsor providing many of the tools of the trade that got me to the point im at now, without her help i might still be growing in a 2x3 closet with cfl's just thought you should know lol

I love CO2 generators, simple fermentaion
yup im a big fan of diy stuff, despite the fact it does not look that way , not so long ago my journals depicted an extreme diy system lol

yeah i read about this long ago, i just lost track of the info in my overstuffed brain, when you stydy and research as much as i do some stuff inevitably gets deleted accidentally lol
i will most likely give it a try in a little while, thanks for adding to the responses! :thumb:

I have had herbs last for months in the coolers at work. This is totally possible!! I just make sure that people didn't touch the herbs with their bare hand's after a really weak bleach water solution dip for the herbs. The oils and bacteria on our hands make the leaf's breakdown a ton faster. They seriously lasted months. I've also seen basil root in pitchers in cooler's, we lol'ed at our fake hydro basil, but hey it was happy.
good points on keeping herbs i didnt know about the bleach dip or bare hands, i'll be using this soon

Ok BID...
With your guidance combined with a ton of research, I have built my soil for my air-pots and will use either today or tomorrow. Here's my recipe. Let me know if I am missing anything crucial.

2 ft^3 Roots Organics Coco
2 ft^3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 ft^3 Perlite #3 coarse
3 C Extreme Gardening Mycos
2 C Happy Frog Steamed Bone Meal
2.5 C (1 lb) Azomite
1/4 C (1.25 oz) TeraVita SP-90 Humic Acid Powder
7 lbs (1/2 bag) Wiggle Worm Earthworm Castings
2 gal (diluted) Vermi T Solution microbial tea

It is really hard to figure out how much azomite and humic acid to use since they only give directions for square feet (not cubic) and/or how much to use per acre. I just used an educated guess. The hydro store has this tea available at all times for $6 and can be diluted to 25 gallons. I probably will make my own eventually, but this was easy for now. What do you think of my science experiment? Not exactly what you have taught but I think it's close. Do you see any problems with my mix or ratios?

Thanks again for all your help and I look forward to any and all critiques (from anyone).
it sounds good to me, different enough from my way to warrant interest in how it works i hear vermi t is good stuff, kinda weak from one point of view but you add it more often so it works out, with azomite i just pitch a few hand fulls as im mixing , dont worry to much about over doing it it disolves fairly quick in water and with containers it washes thru in particularly with the high coco level, im pretty sure the humic acid i dont know how potent your product is, but im sure your amount is ok, i think your mix will be a bit hotter than mine, but should be fine and gentle after a good cook, 30 days i think would do well, but maybe try letting some of it go 90, dont let it get to dry or you'll lose some of the micro herd, over all sound like a primo mix to grow some wonderful tasty organic goodness! well played my good man!

no problem mate, its good to follow such a good grower, i learn something new all the time and its growers like you that provide info, and this improves my own grow, i was a new member a few months back and knew nothing, now im about to harvest my 2nd grow and i can now pass info on that helps others in need, in my eyes thats what this site is all about, theirs no bitching or laughing at others for only using the basics or asking basic questions, thats where this site beats all others

well damn guys, your not gonna believe this.............we are moving again!! i know i know WTF? after 3 months we have figured out this place is just to expensive to keep afloat, electric runs 350-500 last bill was 350 and we had the thermostat at 78 90% of the time, i know my setup runs bout 50-65$ ,but get this, we ran nothing else watched movies on my laptop,all lights are cfl in the house,and i was a power miser all month un pluging all phantom power items,turning off anything not in use basically we just stayed in one room, i cooked on the grill outside at least 15 dinners, our of 30, it is crazy! it is an all electric house so we sure tried, im scared to see what it will run when we switch over to heating! the powe company hit me with a demand for a deposit of 1000$ due to the higher bill , the water filter/ro system we were promised was not done, we are sick to death of 1.hauling r/o water 20 miles from town, 2 . the nasty shit/sulfer/puke/rotten meat/dead fish,staining everything brown so hard you have to chew it water!!!,
its gross! and we have had massive skin blemishes too! its costing 50$ a week to buy drinking/cooking etc water, not to mention gas in my 8 cilinder v8 4 barrel holly 950 series carb ride!
basically we pay bills/rent and were broke all month then repeat the next month,
and we live with the threat that the landlord will drop in for the weekend unannounced and work on the house,
consuming all our time talking! he is like 159 yrs old recently found jesus, and wants constant praise for every nail or screw he puts in, very exhausting, nice guy but way to chatty and repeats himself till you wanna scream! lol, so,,,so we have a place(w/family) we can get into free no deposit, cost 200-300 a month, plus the normal stuff helping with bills, and the big bonus is it will be ours to have ,
build, do what we want,our own separate living space, the negatives are we have to remodel its a serious fixer upper, but im very good with tools and materials ,but we will have alot more $ to work with, i'll be able to afford more stuff for my hobby, (hmmm new seeds?)
so in the beginning it will be kinda roughing it, sorta, wont have our own kitchen,or bathroom, lots of work to do, im slow due to my disabilities, but i have a friend that will help thats a handyman,
im apprehensive yet excited to finally be an owner! the work will be long an hard but very rewarding in the end, so whatcha guys think?

no problem mate, its good to follow such a good grower, i learn something new all the time and its growers like you that provide info, and this improves my own grow, i was a new member a few months back and knew nothing, now im about to harvest my 2nd grow and i can now pass info on that helps others in need, in my eyes thats what this site is all about, theirs no bitching or laughing at others for only using the basics or asking basic questions, thats where this site beats all others
yup your spot on there :420: is by leaps and bounds ahead of the others, the attitude here is one of forward thinking and harmony, its about helping each other move forward in skill and knowledge
hold the petty insulting schoolyard antics for another place, here we are zen :Namaste:

i put out some ideas on my journal, and their are things i want to test, for example why do we think plants rely on 24 hour days, clearly they dont as glr is not natural and 24-0 is not natural but the plants still grow, whats stopping us having a 26 or 28 hour day, i was wondering how 12-14 would work, plants need the 12 hour dark period to start and continue to flower, but would giving them 14 hours of light change anything, would it give bigger buds, its something i am going to test in future grows, not with whole grows but 1 plant, the other thing i read about is double budding, basically you flower the plants for 5 weeks, then flip the lights back to 24-0 for 4 weeks then back to flower, the pictures i have seen of buds as fat as a persons head and over a foot long, id like to try this as well, i might try this with my next grow, its to late to try it now, the double budding idea is in a book i been reading so its a method that has been used at some point, theirs loads i want to try, its just having the time and space to run tests,

im not experimenting at present, but i have, and will again, right now im just running strains and working on breeding, i have little time for anything else, id be interested in your light experiments, but as i understand it the plants need dark to build up the flower hormone, light dissipates this hormone it seems 12/14 would possibly just veg the plants as the extended light cycle would destroy enough of the hormone to offset the 12 hours dark, my theory, but go for it if you so desire, you might find something interesting , i know dj short did extensive testing with light, and likes to use a 10.5 or 11.5 dark time its somewhat secret as far as i know, but hes getting some crazy results like really big killer buds crazy, anyway i have some things i want to try with mediums and containers in the future, maybe next journal,:thumb:

i think your mix will be a bit hotter than mine, but should be fine and gentle after a good cook, 30 days i think would do well, but maybe try letting some of it go 90, dont let it get to dry or you'll lose some of the micro herd, over all sound like a primo mix to grow some wonderful tasty organic goodness! well played my good man!

I don't have the full 30 days to let it cook. In fact I am going to transplant from 1 gal regular pots into my 1.5 gal air-pots today and will only be using a little bit of the new soil. I'm hoping I will see the root benefits of the pots in a short period of time, as they are only going to veg for 2 more weeks. It sure would have been nice to have the new soil ready and the air-pots available from the time they came out of the cloner! The next generation should be awesome!

Congrats on the break-up with the landlord! Will this interrupt your grow? Thank you once again and I wish you luck with the move and the new place.

Congrats on the break-up with the landlord! Will this interrupt your grow? Thank you once again and I wish you luck with the move and the new place
naw should be fairly painless for the girls, i'll move em during their daytime, so dark time is not interrupted,and its only about 10 min drive, there should be no interruption to any services,(net,dish,phones,etc) all that stuff is available right now over at the new place,
im sure the soil will be fine, you could always foliar feed a lil liquid kelp to keep them happy while the micro herd is breaking down the nutrients, if the plants look like they need it
good luck with the new system:thumb: i think i'like airpots, will know for sure when i can get a young plant started in one, the wwxbb was a big mom when it went into the one i have so we'll see

Back
Top Bottom