I dislike burping very much! Not nearly as much as caterpillars though. F* Caterpillars!!! And their progeny!

Ooops...was that out loud?!

I have not looked into the Grove bags enough but I have heard of them. Others swear by food grade buckets with gamma seals and turkey bags.

I don't know...all I know is that I don't want to ruin another harvest to forgetting to close a lid or forgetting to open one. Blehhhh...

Have you tried Grove bag?? Apparently you don't need to burb. I haven't used them yet but did buy two for this harvest to test them out. A few folks on here use them. Here's a good thread Post in thread 'LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC' LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWCi

I checked the link, Tim, and thank you. I am gonna have way too much to jar come autumn. I hope they sell them on Amazon, indoor farmer or grow daddy canada. Hopefully less expensive then the jars. ;)
Cheers

I checked the link, Tim, and thank you. I am gonna have way too much to jar come autumn. I hope they sell them on Amazon, indoor farmer or grow daddy canada. Hopefully less expensive then the jars. ;)
Cheers
Amazon has them, think it was $13 for a bag that fits a pound. One of the folks in that other thread said they only fill halfway. Either way...not bad. I remember during covid going crazy trying to find jars in stock anywhere ha

So this part of my weekend update is a few days late. Treading water and keeping my head above water.

So these pics are from the 24th. An update and general insight into the outdoor garden.

I decided to uppot my C99 clone that stayed in veg thankfully. I put her into the 7 gallon self-watering pot I just harvested the Queen of Soul from. Yup...you heard that right! Recycled about 90% of the soil. I gave her an extra extra dose of @GeoFlora Nutrients 'Veg' plus remineralized with some Kelzyme ElementXX. She also got a hefty dose of @DYNOMYCO for good measure.

A little bit of the Rosetta Stone clone that has been busy revegging.

Here is the Northern Lights Auto freebie by @Weed Seeds Express that is growing beautifully after being topped and supercropped. Hasn't skipped a beat and stacking.

The other flowering Candida...that by all accounts is revegging too.

C99 that I haven't yanked out of the garden yet. I'm still not sold on her. Plus her foliage is still really fugly.

Queen of Soul is very dense with foliage and definitely revegging.

Really sorry 420 Mag community for the ins and out lately. Trying my best to stay connected. Blessings.
Xoxo

That's true! I've been using oven roasting bags to get that done. Then in a covered bucket.
Interesting, SOtter. Do you have that method journaled?
I can burp them off season with 2 plants but this fall is gonna be week-ends, and week nights, dedicated to not over drying what-not.
Looking forward to heaing more about those.
Cheers!

Interesting, SOtter. Do you have that method journaled?
I can burp them off season with 2 plants but this fall is gonna be week-ends, and week nights, dedicated to not over drying what-not.
Looking forward to heaing more about those.
Cheers!
I don't. It's easy. Once you dry your bud and think it's close to 62% rh, get them in a bag with a hygrometer in it and watch it for 24 hours. After that time if it's say, 58 to 65%, I like the higher, I start burping the bag by opening it and fanning some fresh air in. If it's high rh and the room is low I leave it open longer, maybe 10 minutes. We have to play the room rh. The other direction goes as well. Twice a day for a couple of weeks.
One thing about the bags is that they aren't perfectly sealed. Air goes through somehow so they need to end up in a bucket with a lid or something similar and a large boveda 62 for final storage. I like the buckets and bags a lot. It saves a lot of work if you have pounds of weed to process. I keep a jar of what's in the bags for our consumption.

Hey folks! Sorry for the delayed responses.
Turkey bags for the win! I get 3-jar's worth in every bag and I didn't even get the huge ones like farside did.
Yeah...I like turkey bags too. Except I didn't get the memo about them not sealing...
:(
Haaa haaaa. Remember that convo?! Haaa haaa.
Phone timer needs to be Baked into the burping process. ;)
Yeah yeah...move along!
Omg I agree!

I HATE the burping part.
THANK YOU!!! Agreed
Burping is worse than trimming ha
See! I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
I remember during covid going crazy trying to find jars in stock anywhere ha
OMG! Damn man...I was so pissed last year trying to find any jars. I ended up buying some fancy ones that I actually like way more than the twist on mason jars. Except they are pricey. But they have an amazing seal.
:thanks::ciao:
That's true! I've been using oven roasting bags to get that done. Then in a covered bucket.
Yeah...I missed this memo last year Otter! Haaa haaaa. Oh you know...only a pound or two that turned into dust. No biggie...
:laugh:
Good job on the harvest BA! I share @StoneOtter's thoughts below.
Thanks Stung! Ohhh...I wish I could share what I just witnessed trimming up those ugly ass girls. Truly the diamonds in the rough!
One thing about the bags is that they aren't perfectly sealed. Air goes through somehow so they need to end up in a bucket with a lid or something similar and a large boveda 62 for final storage.
I was going to mention it to anyone reading to invest in a food grade storage bucket. Far better at locking in/out air and moisture. TRUST ME! I tried a regular bucket lid for general storage and I still noticed a drop in RH over time. Not nearly as bad as leaving the turkey bags out in the open though. Never again!

Here is a little teaser into what I was up to you nearly all day yesterday and most of today will be dealing with stuff like this!
Candida harvested 6/25 and out of the drying tent 7/2 to get a trim

A HUGE shoutout to @InTheShed for hooking me up with this gorgeous plant. I am very excited about the wonderful meds this plant has provided. In total, after I removed most of the stems, I got a weight of 215 grams / 7.6 oz!

Plan is to press some for rosin. Make some vape carts. Set aside the pretty buds for smoking and vaping. And then making infusions with the rest.

Here is the unfortunate news...they dried too quickly. So it appears that I have lost a decent amount of terpenes. That is what I am after the most. I missed the humidifier one day. One f*ing day...and every branch was snapping within 24 hrs. So now I have buds in jars sitting at only 53%. Kind of pissed, disappointed, and glad. I say glad, because I learned something about the drying process in that tent. I should have set the humidifier MUCH higher than the reading I was getting on my probe. So although not a complete disaster, my drying goal was not met. Now to try and "fix" it.

Here is the unfortunate news...they dried too quickly. So it appears that I have lost a decent amount of terpenes. That is what I am after the most. I missed the humidifier one day. One f*ing day...and every branch was snapping within 24 hrs. So now I have buds in jars sitting at only 53%. Kind of pissed, disappointed, and glad. I say glad, because I learned something about the drying process in that tent. I should have set the humidifier MUCH higher than the reading I was getting on my probe. So although not a complete disaster, my drying goal was not met. Now to try and "fix" it.
My tip

Pop a scrunched up MJ leave in to add a bit of moisture.

I overdried my Zkittles which I was super dirty about. The leaf trick added a smidge of moisture.

Have we discussed fridge drying? I’m really getting the hang of it. I just jarred my Dos So Do and she looks beautiful.

Interesting read and 7.6 oz is amazing! :bravo:

Not sure what you meant by thr 6/25 and 7/2 though.
I chopped the plant on 6/25 and I pulled it out of the tent from drying on 7/2. So a full 7 days of drying. My goal was a 14 day drying period. Unfortunately, too much heat and humidity too low. Made for crispy buds too quickly.
Have we discussed fridge drying?
I have done it a few times in the fridge. I'm looking to get away from that method entirely. Well kind of. My preference would be to get a 14 day dry at 60° & 60 RH. I think I'm going to make a custom drying room that is insulated where I can easily control the environment without so many fluctuations. That's my desire anyway.

Alrighty! All done trimming! We'll I was done earlier this afternoon but needed some time to chill. I really tried hard to just get into a groove and enjoy the process of trimming. It can become so tedious and it is particularly taxing for me at times. Just did my best to ignore it, listen to some good jams, medicate, and start having fun with the flowers I worked so hard to grow.

It still bums me our how quickly they dried out in the tent. I feel like I let them go 1 or 2 days too long. So lost a lot of terpenes and potential...again. This is a frustrating part for me.

After I finished the Candida yesterday, I moved on to the Cinderella 99.

She was grown in 7 gallon @GeoPot filled with LOS and fed @GeoFlora Nutrients

Had a little test vape and it was decent. Got me elevated for the little amount I vaped. Unfortunately, it seems I lost a lot of terpenes. So I'm going to hope and wait for the next few weeks to see if the burping & cure will help that in any way.

I ended up with 176 g/6.2 oz
Some scissor hash.

Next up was Space Queen! She was droughted consistently with a wet/dry cycle. Her aroma was/is by far the loudest of the bunch too! A distinct pineapple candy profile! Knowing I dehydrated her as much as I did and still have this loud of a terpene profile, makes me wonder what she would have smelled like if kept with more moisture.
She's still got some frost.

Half way through the pile!
All done and I have no idea why my color balance is so off in between photos.
Ended up with 123 g/4.3 oz

Used this trim to make a batch of infused MCT oil. Some of it is overly dried fan leaves with little to no value for an infusion, but I didn't feel like being overly picky while I sorted through it. Long story short...it got me lit!

Her skeleton. She was untrained.

So that's where I left off yesterday. I turned up my humidifier by 10% for the remaining two plants, Rosetta Stone and Queen of Soul.

So today, I started with Rosetta Stone! She was the driest of the bunch and I believe harvested 7-10 days too early. But I plan on running her again to full term. At one point, I was the most excited about her. When she started getting stressed, she lost a lot of her beauty and aroma. Never got it back. So we'll see what she produces after the burp and cure.

She produced a lot of beautiful spears. They were all light and fluffy. Not anywhere near as dense as they should have been. Definitely underwatered her when she needed it the most.

Rosetta Stone produced 125 g/4.4 oz of buds and spears. My hope is that they will still be worthwhile buds. If they cure nice and smoke good, then I'll be gifting spears to some friends.

Started the process of decarbing the trim material. My preferred method is using the Ardent Nova. I can only do a little bit at a time, but I get the most consistent decarbs with this device.

Lastly...
A crispy and completely overly dried Queen of Soul
Flash
No flash

Pre-Trim
Post-Trim

Ended up with 154 g/5.4 oz

This is the kief collected, excluding the Candida. I didn't weigh it but it's not the cleanest. It definitely had impurities. My plan is to press it for rosin.

That's it folks!!! Just over 20 oz from the THC plants! Now to try to remember to burp jars AND put the lids back on before leaving the house.

I appreciate you following along with me 420 Mag Fam. I'm beat and don't have much left in the tank. Happy 4th of July!

Fantastic harvesting Baked! That Rosetta Stone with her pineapple flavor has my attention though! Great work brother!:bravo:
Hey Otter! Thanks man. It's the Space Queen that has that little bit of pineapple aroma. Makes sense too, since it has Romulan × C99 'Pineapple'

The Rosetta Stone, is just now starting to come back over the past couple days. Should be more of a funky and spice aroma, with the Jack Herer genes. We will see though. She has the C99 lineage too, so the sweet may come through.

Quick afternoon checkup in the garden yesterday. Luckily I was able to find some fresh snacks to harvest and get some energy. But first...some test puffs of Space Queen
:smokin: o_O

View media item 1872833
View media item 1872834

C99 still with funky foliage and overall...an ugly plant. Lots of trimming and training needed.

Queen of Soul is getting huge and unruly. Need to seriously make time and prep the cages...she is branching out a lot over the past couple weeks of reveg. Will be interesting to see how she turns out at the end of the season.

That's all folks. I'll get other pics and updates this weekend. Hope everyone is well. Peace

Back
Top Bottom