Hey everyone. I hope this finds you doing well. It's been a bit of struggle lately. Not going to lie. I tend to push away into a cavern when shit and life is getting to be too much. Don't handle it well often times. But I have a few things that keep me trudging along. Here are some of those things, so I hope you enjoy them with me.

Also, I am sorry that I haven't been around much. Really have been trying to give myself more breaks from the phone and it has meant refocusing time and energy. Not much of either lately and it takes it toll.

I will do what I can to get reacquainted with all the various journals and folks I am following. Blessings and Good Vibes to you all!

Looky what we have here! A Northern Lights Auto from @Weed Seeds Express that's ready to harvest soon. I have never grown it before. I'm getting a funky skunky aroma from her buds. Hard to describe but I'm excited to chop it. Probably another week or two. I want something that will hit me heavy. She might be ready now...I don't know so just winging it until I feel she's ready.

Look at Rosetta Stone exploding with growth! Since my last update, my intention was to get into the canopies and do some pruning. Unfortunately, a couple limitations have kept me from getting that done.

I must say that I will be having a very difficult time going back to a manual pump sprayer. So easy and fast getting through the garden with this thing!

Ohhh...what do we have here?! Oh just a couple more plants to add to the collection. You know...because I don't have enough on my plate already. Well, I had to take a chance on this opportunity. A good buddy got his hands on a BUNCH of surplus clones of Apple Fritter! So I asked him for one and ended up with two. I have ZERO proof that these are actually Apple Fritter so I don't have my hopes too high right now, but the plan is to get plenty of clones and have at least one to take inside. Eventually, I'll get some cured buds from these to be able to test out the flavor and compounds.

They were severely rootbound in 1 gallon pots! One of them went into the garden box that the Candida was in. I amended the container with a healthy serving of organic nutrients. It is approximately 1.5 cubic feet of soil. This was 7/7

This was 7/9

I'll get more pics soon but after I let them recover from the transplant, I took some clones. I blended a small aloe vera pad with some water to let the freshly cut clones soak for at least 15 minutes. While they were soaking, I prepared my DIY cloning gel from fresh aloe.
Here they are soaking. I completely dunk them in this fresh aloe water.

Now it's time to make some cloning gel. Aloe vera is a potent plant with so many uses. One of them, are utilizing the growth hormones to stimulate root growth.
Start with a hefty pad that's got some girth...
Then I cut it in half and use something long and skinny...to scrape the inside of the pad
Here's some of the meat (gel) carefully scooped out
I used the same stick to mix and whip it around to make it as smooth as possible. Then I dip the clones or any cut surface with a healthy slathering of the aloe gel. After that, I get them into the medium. For this, I am using a course living soil mix.

After I was all done, then I domed them with some reused 2 liter plastic bottles. I drenched the soil with the emptied out aloe pads that I blended up with some water. I also included a small dose of kelp extract for the soil drench.

More update pics coming soon. I'm hoping to set aside some time this weekend to get caught up around here. Don't hold your breath though...that's not a promise!

Ohhh...and some freshly harvested chamomile that is now a perennial in my garden! :circle-of-love: Plan is to make an infusion with this and some Candida. Possibly even some tea bags!

20220706_180007.jpg

Baked ......got damn those are some high contrast photos ....love it.

Plants are looking well and the sun is shining where you are....hang in there and if ya need anything just hola....I'm an @ away :)

Rock out growmie keep ya head high :headbanger:

I have no idea how I got so far behind here! Thanks for the aloe cloning tutorial...that's about the only succulent we aren't growing in the garden. Might have to pick up a couple next time we're at the nursery. Let me see if I can catch up with my apologies if I missed something important (like how beautiful the garden looks or how sweet the literal fruits of your labor):
I moved on to the Cinderella 99.
Looks great! Congrats on the long ago harvest. 👍
I ended up with 176 g/6.2 oz
Noice!
Next up was Space Queen! She was droughted consistently with a wet/dry cycle. Her aroma was/is by far the loudest of the bunch too! A distinct pineapple candy profile! Knowing I dehydrated her as much as I did and still have this loud of a terpene profile, makes me wonder what she would have smelled like if kept with more moisture.
I think I can smell it from here!
She's still got some frost.
Uh yeah. :)
Ended up with 123 g/4.3 oz
Another beauty!
today, I started with Rosetta Stone!
Another belated congrats. :rolleyes:
Rosetta Stone produced 125 g/4.4 oz of buds and spears. My hope is that they will still be worthwhile buds. If they cure nice and smoke good, then I'll be gifting spears to some friends.
Your friends must be rather fond of you, or at least pretend to be with the free spears! ;)
My preferred method is using the Ardent Nova. I can only do a little bit at a time, but I get the most consistent decarbs with this device.
I've heard good things about that. Wish their container was a bit bigger though. My standard decarb batch is 50+g.
A crispy and completely overly dried Queen of Soul
Still...
Ended up with 154 g/5.4 oz
Again with the noice!
This is the kief collected, excluding the Candida. I didn't weigh it but it's not the cleanest. It definitely had impurities. My plan is to press it for rosin.
We're gonna need pics.
Just over 20 oz from the THC plants! Now to try to remember to burp jars AND put the lids back on before leaving the house.
:welldone:
A good buddy got his hands on a BUNCH of surplus clones of Apple Fritter! So I asked him for one and ended up with two.
Those are some pretty big clones! I can see why he might have been running out of space.
More update pics coming soon. I'm hoping to set aside some time this weekend to get caught up around here. Don't hold your breath though...that's not a promise!
:nomo:

Hi Baked, hang on brother! Garden's looking great man!
Thanks Otter. Barely hanging on right now homie. And the garden is not looking too good. I have about 20 hrs of pruning and clean up that I'd like to finish by tomorrow. Wish me luck...
Baked ......got damn those are some high contrast photos ....love it.

Plants are looking well and the sun is shining where you are....hang in there and if ya need anything just hola....I'm an @ away :)

Rock out growmie keep ya head high :headbanger:
Thanks Hazmat. Much appreciated. Keeping myself high from the recent harvests and that definitely helps with keeping my head high!
Your friends must be rather fond of you, or at least pretend to be with the free spears! ;)
Haaa haaa. Yeah, at this point I am fairly certain it is a lot of pretending man. I just gave some testers to an acquaintance today. So I'll be waiting for a smoke report soon. My dry and cure is still not where I'd like it to be.
Looks great! Congrats on the long ago harvest. 👍
Thanks! It was a fruitful harvest indeed. A lot of time and energy went into those plants. Learned a lot.
Might have to pick up a couple next time we're at the nursery. Let me see if I can catch up with my apologies if I missed something important (like how beautiful the garden looks or how sweet the literal fruits of your labor):
If you'd like some aloe pups, just let me know. I have multiple species and I am usually pulling some and getting them planted into containers to give away. Just say the word, and I will have some set aside for you.

Hola 420 amigos! A quick update on a few plants and recent happenings in the garden. It's been nice to have the tent empty and powered off. That has saved me quite a bit of time and energy which have been lacking lately. I think I will plan on always having the tent empty and off during the outdoor season. Last year, I was struggling to handle them at the same time. With the way work and life have been lately, if the tent was going full throttle, I'd be a wreck.

Zkittlez has been growing slow but its getting transplanted into a 7 gallon @GeoPot .

7/18

7/30 - Stressed from pests, hungry, and thirsty. Quite the combination!

A Cinderella 99 clone that I managed to keep in veg. She's been doing pretty good in this 7 gallon self-watering pot. She hasn't stretched out as much as I'd like so I'll be pulling the supports and putting something else in to really stretch her out sideways and get more tops.

7/18

7/30

Last week, I started a 48hr aerated compost tea recipe.

2nd feed of molasses at this stage.

At this point, you are seeing the foam after it was sprayed down. I had to clean off the lid and sides of the can since it was overflowing with foam everywhere. I may have overfed this mix a tad too much. I'd rather them have plenty than starving and dying. Goal is to have an active and live recipe before drenching your plants.

I would like to mention that this recipe is out of The Rev's 2nd Edition book, True Living Organics. The green highlighted items got an alternative ingredient. The red items got what is listed. I also included some other high octane ingredients to boost the tea. I prepared my mix as if I was making 50 gallons of tea concentrate. In reality, I used about 40 gallons of water. I diluted the tea with water about 1:1 and drenched all the cannabis plants in my care. The plants in the garden beds absolutely exploded with growth over the past couple weeks. No pics...I know...but if my body will let me, I will be doing a lot of pruning and maintenance this weekend. So maybe another update tomorrow night.

The last 10 gallons of tea was mixed to roughly 1:3 tea to water. If anyone has any questions about this process, feel free to ask. There's no exact science to this for me. So please don't expect some grandiose data or research. I trust the process and put faith in the microbes and my soil to balance it all out. I did choose the flowering tea recipe mainly to prepare the plants that are entering into flower. The plants in veg will utilize all of this just as well though. Don't get caught up on those nuances of veg and flowering. A balanced compost tea will always help!

20220718_105430.jpg

I hope you are all doing well. I hate to say it, but I need to get off my ass and get some work done. That means having to post this update and bounce out of here in a hurry again. I appreciate you all here. I hope all your plants and life are going OK. Peace and blessings.

Potted garden looks damn fine! I guess we'll have to wait for the rest... :reading420magazine:
If you'd like some aloe pups, just let me know. I have multiple species and I am usually pulling some and getting them planted into containers to give away. Just say the word, and I will have some set aside for you.
We'll be up on the 19th but not sure how much free time will have since we're staying all the way up in Santa Cruz (nothing available closer). I'll let you know as we get closer if that's okay. :thanks:

Bounce brother! :woohoo:
:thanks:
Potted garden looks damn fine! I guess we'll have to wait for the rest... :reading420magazine:
We'll be up on the 19th but not sure how much free time will have since we're staying all the way up in Santa Cruz (nothing available closer). I'll let you know as we get closer if that's okay. :thanks:
Sounds good. We can roll up on each other on Hwy 1, open the windows and I'll throw the aloe into your car. Boom. Drive-by deal!
I miss you!
:ciao::hug:

Well...this post was meant to be made last Sunday. So I'm basically only about a week behind in life. I'm making progress. I was about 3 weeks behind not too long ago, so I'm getting caught up. Good news!

Last weekend, I had grandiose plans with the entire outdoor cannabis garden. Unfortunately, I also had to manage to get some heavy pruning on all the fruit trees. So my energy was prioritized to get the fruit trees finished instead. I did manage to get a few things done though so let's take a looksy...
I decided to cage the C99. I cut out some sections so that I can easily get my hands in there to prune and shape it.

Apple Fritter spread out.
This was before
The next day and already got nodes pointing upwards.

Yiiiiikes!!! Can anyone say crowded?!

Much better! I still have to prune these fruit trees back a little bit.

The weird looking C99 that desperately needs a haircut. Cross your fingers for me that it happens this weekend!

The Apple Fritter in the garden bed. She's looking very happy. Got her spread

Queen of Soul in her cage

Here is a big problem I came across last weekend. She got smashed by something, probably one of my dogs at some point and I didn't realize it. She has exploded with so much growth and it was completely hidden to me. Plan is to address this issue this weekend with a main bamboo support pole and then 4 T-posts that will be holding some panels as a scrog.

Cage removed.

Here are the plants this afternoon. They all got a foliar application of BT this evening.

QoS is just going crazy! She's going to get heavily trimmed this weekend. I'm begging for a major pest infestation and disease if I don't take care of her this weekend.

Apple Fritter looking great!

C99...looking...interesting...

Here's the Apple Fritter in the garden box!
:circle-of-love: I found a couple baby caterpillars last weekend on her and some leaf damage. So I will absolutely have to be diligent about protecting her with consistent BT applications. This is a weakness of mine in the garden.

Huh...so I guess this is what happens when you don't water plants...interesting

Guess what...I still didn't water her tonight. She needs to get fed so she's getting topdressed first thing tomorrow morning. Along with some of this stuff (non-sponsored) but this is some kickass stuff!
20220731_185430-01.jpeg

Last week she got a drench with both of these. I saw her yesterday and she looked so-so, but not as sad looking as today. So a bunch of granular fertilizer will be going into the soil, along with another round of Element XX and the Mono-Silicic Acid.

Have a good night folks! I hope you are all doing well.

Well...this post was meant to be made last Sunday. So I'm basically only about a week behind in life. I'm making progress. I was about 3 weeks behind not too long ago, so I'm getting caught up. Good news!

Last weekend, I had grandiose plans with the entire outdoor cannabis garden. Unfortunately, I also had to manage to get some heavy pruning on all the fruit trees. So my energy was prioritized to get the fruit trees finished instead. I did manage to get a few things done though so let's take a looksy...
I decided to cage the C99. I cut out some sections so that I can easily get my hands in there to prune and shape it.

Apple Fritter spread out.
This was before
The next day and already got nodes pointing upwards.

Yiiiiikes!!! Can anyone say crowded?!

Much better! I still have to prune these fruit trees back a little bit.

The weird looking C99 that desperately needs a haircut. Cross your fingers for me that it happens this weekend!

The Apple Fritter in the garden bed. She's looking very happy. Got her spread

Queen of Soul in her cage

Here is a big problem I came across last weekend. She got smashed by something, probably one of my dogs at some point and I didn't realize it. She has exploded with so much growth and it was completely hidden to me. Plan is to address this issue this weekend with a main bamboo support pole and then 4 T-posts that will be holding some panels as a scrog.

Cage removed.

Here are the plants this afternoon. They all got a foliar application of BT this evening.

QoS is just going crazy! She's going to get heavily trimmed this weekend. I'm begging for a major pest infestation and disease if I don't take care of her this weekend.

Apple Fritter looking great!

C99...looking...interesting...

Here's the Apple Fritter in the garden box!
:circle-of-love: I found a couple baby caterpillars last weekend on her and some leaf damage. So I will absolutely have to be diligent about protecting her with consistent BT applications. This is a weakness of mine in the garden.

Huh...so I guess this is what happens when you don't water plants...interesting

Guess what...I still didn't water her tonight. She needs to get fed so she's getting topdressed first thing tomorrow morning. Along with some of this stuff (non-sponsored) but this is some kickass stuff!
20220731_185430-01.jpeg

Last week she got a drench with both of these. I saw her yesterday and she looked so-so, but not as sad looking as today. So a bunch of granular fertilizer will be going into the soil, along with another round of Element XX and the Mono-Silicic Acid.

Have a good night folks! I hope you are all doing well.
Wow the garden is spectacular. :yahoo:
Don't burn yourself out trying to keep up.
Hopefully the bugs don't over run you.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Outdoor flower season is here!!! :circle-of-love:

Hola amigos! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Sorry for being mostly absent here on the forum. This is the best I can do right now and I have to learn to accept that. I spent most of my waking hours this weekend getting caught up with the cannabis garden. I'm actually going to post pics of stuff I did today! TODAY! Wait...does that mean I'm all caught up?! Not even close! But I made major progress and that needs to count for something.

I started the day with addressing Queen of Soul. Did some heavy pruning/cleanup and added multiple supports to hold up branches. Then topdressed and mulched. I seriously should have done most of this weeks ago! I cost myself a lot of hours and work for ignoring all reveg growth. Could of and should of are too common of a phrase in my life. Hold onto your panties... this is going to get savage!
Here she is before I got started. This is her backside
Side view
Front

Front side view

Oof! The inner canopy was thick and nasty.

No problem... Notice those two big branches near the soil surface?

Gone baby gone! Much better.

Working my way up the canopy and adding more supports along the way. I have a couple more to add. I'm going to wait until she recovers and shows me her growth pattern.

Look at that beautiful comfrey! I have already harvested once this year and it was used as green mulch on this plant a couple months ago.

Take a look at all the biomass I got off her.

And now, topdress and mulching.

Next up was a little more cleanup for the Apple Fritter in the garden bed. After that, topdressed and mulched.

After all that, it was time to get to the weird/funky C99. She is just a plain ole hot mess if a plant. So much reveg growth and...she's just really ugly. She's never overcome that weird appearance. Doesn't matter, I decided to keep her and grow her out. So that means, caring for her and doing my best.

I had no idea that today would end up with a harvest! So the lower buds of the C99 were stinky and sticky. Enough so that I felt it would be worthwhile to save them and see if I can make something. We shall see!

I finished off my mulch with straw.

That's it! That's all I have in me for now. Thanks for taking a gander into my weekend shenanigans. Now to do some laundry before I pass out.

Good night folks and have a blessed week.

Outdoor flower season is here!!! :circle-of-love:

Hola amigos! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Sorry for being mostly absent here on the forum. This is the best I can do right now and I have to learn to accept that. I spent most of my waking hours this weekend getting caught up with the cannabis garden. I'm actually going to post pics of stuff I did today! TODAY! Wait...does that mean I'm all caught up?! Not even close! But I made major progress and that needs to count for something.

I started the day with addressing Queen of Soul. Did some heavy pruning/cleanup and added multiple supports to hold up branches. Then topdressed and mulched. I seriously should have done most of this weeks ago! I cost myself a lot of hours and work for ignoring all reveg growth. Could of and should of are too common of a phrase in my life. Hold onto your panties... this is going to get savage!
Here she is before I got started. This is her backside
Side view
Front

Front side view

Oof! The inner canopy was thick and nasty.

No problem... Notice those two big branches near the soil surface?

Gone baby gone! Much better.

Working my way up the canopy and adding more supports along the way. I have a couple more to add. I'm going to wait until she recovers and shows me her growth pattern.

Look at that beautiful comfrey! I have already harvested once this year and it was used as green mulch on this plant a couple months ago.

Take a look at all the biomass I got off her.

And now, topdress and mulching.

Next up was a little more cleanup for the Apple Fritter in the garden bed. After that, topdressed and mulched.

After all that, it was time to get to the weird/funky C99. She is just a plain ole hot mess if a plant. So much reveg growth and...she's just really ugly. She's never overcome that weird appearance. Doesn't matter, I decided to keep her and grow her out. So that means, caring for her and doing my best.

I had no idea that today would end up with a harvest! So the lower buds of the C99 were stinky and sticky. Enough so that I felt it would be worthwhile to save them and see if I can make something. We shall see!

I finished off my mulch with straw.

That's it! That's all I have in me for now. Thanks for taking a gander into my weekend shenanigans. Now to do some laundry before I pass out.

Good night folks and have a blessed week.
Girls in the Cali sun just look a brighter shade of green. Beautiful. :yahoo:
Don't burn yourself out BA, there is a lot of extra work going on there.
Hope your doing well Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom