Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Hi @ProfessorFlora , I'm still making the rounds - introducing myself - meeting new people - and picking on @InTheShed whenever I can - hey - he told me to ask lots of questions and have fun :)

My girlfriend was just in the hospital too - which is tough - so I really do hope your wife is doing well now.

The first thing I noticed here, is that your plants are an excellent shade of green and there is no tip burn!

Second - you won with the Purple Meth - that was really striking!

I went to the dollar store, but I can't find that shade of purple crayon - please send me some when you get a chance :)

Alright, chat again soon.

Thats some thick stick in there!
Thick stick? Maybe I could build a veg box out of the dried stems. I wonder if anyone has done that before
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mrs.F !
Great pics- everything's looking fantastic today,Professor!
Thanks Cass. She's bossing me around again so I think that we're back to normal now lol
I hope MrsF is doing OK. Did I miss somethings earlier that she was going in for a procedure? I hope she's fine Prof... give her our love :love:
Basically they found some malignant cells after yet another check up so she had to have them removed. She was told that it was a simple procedure with little discomfort following the op. She decided to travel on the bus to the hospital despite my reasoned protests. I stayed at home with the children and off she went. She phoned me up when she was on the bus coming back home again in tears because of the pain and said that she only just made it to the bus stop. When she got back home she was a bit of a mess. She was really groggy from the local anaesthetic and could barely walk. She said that she nearly got off the bus halfway home because of the pain caused by the bumps in the road and the nausea brought on by the movement of the vehicle. Needless to say I put her straight to bed when she got back and she certainly didn't complain. The kids still jumped all over her when she got back though. Thanks Sauga. I'm sure she'll appreciate the love especially if it comes in the form of a spliff and a coffee
Yes, what Mr. S said! :hug: :love:
thanks HH. She's pretty much completely recovered now and just has to go back for annual checks to make sure nothing returns.
Hi @ProfessorFlora , I'm still making the rounds - introducing myself - meeting new people - and picking on @InTheShed whenever I can - hey - he told me to ask lots of questions and have fun :)

My girlfriend was just in the hospital too - which is tough - so I really do hope your wife is doing well now.

The first thing I noticed here, is that your plants are an excellent shade of green and there is no tip burn!

Second - you won with the Purple Meth - that was really striking!

I went to the dollar store, but I can't find that shade of purple crayon - please send me some when you get a chance :)

Alright, chat again soon.
Hey Dr C! Pleased to meet you. First off, thank you very much. These plants are doing pretty well but I've had my moments though. I'm currently doing a recirculating dripper grow which isn't going quite as well as this one lol. I'll be doing an update shortly so I'll show you some more leaves. Still no tip burn and I'm raising the feed strength. The next feed will be 7g of MegaCrop. I expect we'll probably see some sign of mild stress then. As for the Purple, well, I miss those nugs already. I've got a few purple strains lined up but I'm not sure they'll be like that. Cheers Dr C

:passitleft:

Flowering Day 25....

Hey 420! Time for a long overdue update. I managed to get an hour to myself after work today and guess what I did with it? That's right! Anything I can that's related to growing cannabis. These didn't need a lot doing to them. They got their usual checks and I removed a few lower sites which weren't going to amount to anything. I also took some pics. Hooray!. So. Here's where we are at now. Both plants will be feed the full 7g of MegaCrop per gallon with each feed from now on. The temps are around 26C on average and the humidity is generally low but has been creeping up recently to around 60%. The winter has turned very mild but is really wet so that's the reason for that. The lighting is still the same. 200w of 3200k Cobs and 200w of 4500k smd's totalling 400w. Here's we are today....
ORG_DSC09333.JPG
ORG_DSC09334.JPG
ORG_DSC09348.JPG

Tropicanna Banana....

The TB is a bit of a beast. Very thirsty plant with strong and straight branches. She's got a lot more budsites than I though the she was going to end up with and will have very nice colas by the end. I'm going to need to get some extra air movement in there as this side of the tent has become a bit still. Normally I blow air over the tops of my plants but because these are taller I can't achieve the same effect. I gave them both the first stem rub today and they both smell great. This one in particular. Very tropical at the moment so looks like it'll be possibly a fruity strain. I'm convinced now that she's begging to show the slightest sign of light burn so I'm try to bend the stems away from directly under the lights. So far so good. Here's some pics of her not drooping for a change....
ORG_DSC09338.JPG
ORG_DSC09340.JPG
ORG_DSC09341.JPG
ORG_DSC09342.JPG
ORG_DSC09343.JPG
ORG_DSC09344.JPG

Dos Si Dos 33....

I think that this will be the frosty one this time. There's a good amount of it beginning to appear on the budsites. She's got beautiful and large leaves that are so tempting to chop off lol. I'd say that they're not as healthy looking as the TB's but they're in my opinion more beautiful. Some of the curling that was over much of the top leaves is going away. It could have been air from the fan being close which was causing it. This one won't have anyway near the amount of bud as her friend even if they were the same size. She has fewer budsites which are more spread out along her stems. The stem rub on this one reminded me of meat stock which was unexpected lol. I have no idea what to expect from this one....
ORG_DSC09345.JPG
ORG_DSC09346.JPG
ORG_DSC09347.JPG
ORG_DSC09349.JPG
ORG_DSC09351.JPG

Thanks for sharing that as I'm sure you didn't want to... and you didn't need to either btw. I'm glad you took good care of her. It seems like you're a natural at that by looking at the condition of your plants as well. :love:
Don't worry. I left out the gory bits. Thanks Sauga! It's that time of night when it takes me 4 times you get your name right. I want Sauga. Autocorrect wants sausage and my motor functions are too off to combat this invasive technology. Night sausage
It's hard to believe from looking at the pics from above that the undercarriage is so clean and open. All growth is up top!

Watch those curling leaf points though on the DSD so it doesn't burn.

I'm glad the missus is on the mend.
Thanks Shed. I may have to remove some tiles which would be a first for me. I think the DSD is still in the wind. The Mrs is mended. I know this because she ate half of my dinner

Love it prof the Barney's girls are so nice. I really like the look of the TB but I'm a sucker for the fruity strains. Can't wait to watch these ladies as they get deeper into flower.

Man your plants always look so awesome. these are the picture of healthy happy plants. Reaching up to the lights. From what I have seen of Barneys gear they always turn out nice. I will be watching this grow for sure excited to see how they both turn out for you

Thanks Baron. The kind words are muchly appreciated

Cheers N. it's those Fastbuds with their crazy colours.

Yay well done mate. very worthy too. Feels like forever since I got in here Prof. sorry matey.

Dos Si Dos 33....

I think that this will be the frosty one this time. There's a good amount of it beginning to appear on the budsites. She's got beautiful and large leaves that are so tempting to chop off lol. I'd say that they're not as healthy looking as the TB's but they're in my opinion more beautiful. Some of the curling that was over much of the top leaves is going away. It could have been air from the fan being close which was causing it. This one won't have anyway near the amount of bud as her friend even if they were the same size. She has fewer budsites which are more spread out along her stems. The stem rub on this one reminded me of meat stock which was unexpected lol. I have no idea what to expect from this one....
ORG_DSC09345.JPG
ORG_DSC09346.JPG
ORG_DSC09347.JPG
ORG_DSC09349.JPG
ORG_DSC09351.JPG

I love the third shot!

Have you grown Dos Si Dos before?

The stem rub on this one reminded me of meat stock

Maybe it's the "Doe Si Doe" pheno? :)

Love it prof the Barney's girls are so nice. I really like the look of the TB but I'm a sucker for the fruity strains. Can't wait to watch these ladies as they get deeper into flower.
Thanks N. I've never tried a Banana stain before so it'll be interesting to see how she compares to other fruity strains. It's very tropical though. Also the buds are going really firm quite early on so I don't think we'll be waiting longfor this one
Man your plants always look so awesome. these are the picture of healthy happy plants. Reaching up to the lights. From what I have seen of Barneys gear they always turn out nice. I will be watching this grow for sure excited to see how they both turn out for you
thanks PC. So far we've been fortunate and I've been able to showcase each strain without too many incidents. There was a hermie issue with the Blue Gelato and I battled with the Gorilla Zkittles am duchess the Orange Sherbert a bit in veg but other than that it's been pretty cool.
Yay well done mate. very worthy too. Feels like forever since I got in here Prof. sorry matey.
Cheers GG! lol don't worry. I'm in over my head as well lol. We just discovered that our eldest has impetigo as well :eek:. It's a weekend of isolation and washing...everything!
They are going to stack up so nicely mate.
they're looking impressive already. Might even be a contender to take on the Purple Moby Dick.
I love the third shot!

Have you grown Dos Si Dos before?

Maybe it's the "Doe Si Doe" pheno? :)
I've only grown a DSD cross which was a strain called Double Stuffed Sorbet from DNA Genetics. It was Dos Si Dos x Sorbet. Really nice stuff but the plant was quite finicky and had a low yield.

Sounds like it's been stressful around there. Glad the wife is doing well and healing quickly. Impetigo ....sorry you have to deal with that. Yuck.
How are you doing?? Hope you are taking care of yourself throughout all of this as well.

Back
Top Bottom