Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

It is purdy.

Spent about 90 mins defoliating 3/4 of the girls today. Day 20 of 12/12. I chose not to strip the shorter of the 4 so she has 1-2 days extra to catch up since the stripping will tend to shut down stretch. I also super cropped a few branches as needed. Canopy looks good now. I took pics but won't update with them till I strip the last girl.

Sorry I am late to the party. Have you checked your pH meter? your nutes shouldn't need to be adjusted down that much. ph meters go bad all the time man. I suggest you calibrate it and see how accurate it gets to the calibration points and how long they stay there.

Yea the calibration was off. I tend to think the reason it needed ph down was because of the residual in the system after the clean. I don't know for sure how much is in there, but I would tend to think maybe up to 1 gal through the whole system and I added about 12-13gals of nutrient.

Now since last change, I don't think I've added hardly any ph dn. The ro water I add comes in at about 7.0. I haven't been adjusting it when adding 1-2 gals. I let it mix with the system well, recirculating for at least an hour, then I check ph/ppm. I always check when the water level full where I want it. Then I take both ph & tds readings. It's been pretty steady at 5.8-5.9 since last res change about a week ago. And no issues with leaves either.

Thanks for chiming in Corey. Better late than never!

Things are looking mighty fine, Bassman - very nice!

I really like the new hood too, btw. The design with the sealed glass is brilliantly simple. :thumb:

Well yesterday was a busy day for me running errands and other real life stuff. Only took a 5 min look in on the girls and a small top off. The decision to defoliate the three taller girls a day early in an effort to get the shorter gal to catch up some was worth it. It looks like she gained about 2" on them. Lights on isn't for another three hours. At which time I'll defoliate the shorter gal and get some more pics and upload the before and after results.

They really seem to be eating up the nutes. I'm seeing about a 40ppm or so drop per day. This indicates I could feed them stronger too. Undecided on that, I may wait a few days and see what happens as they have been stripped and things change with the extra light.

Got 5 more digital mini temp/humidity meters for curing jars in the mail yesterday. Five 1/2 gallon curing jars of Kosher Kush from last grow are sitting at 59%, 60%, 62%, 62%, 65% RH. This is at about 17 days cure. Pretty much perfect.

Flower development is looking pretty nice. These Master Kush do look pretty nice. Though it does seem nodal spacing is wider than previous. I really need to get back to taking clones rather than popping seeds.

Speaking of seeds, I dropped 4 more Master Kush seeds into water at 1am last night. When I get up tonight for work I'll pull them out of water and on to paper towels. I expect by Fri-Sat they will be in root riot cubes and into the cloning tray. Then I'll wait till they are well rooted and drop them into 5 gal dwc buckets under T5HO just like the last 2 grows. I'm going to get some damn clones this time!

The tent has been on diminishing light schedule for a week now at 11.5 hrs on. Today will be first day of 11 hours on I think. Then I think I'll wait two weeks to go to 10.5 but I need to read up and check the schedule again in 12/12's GLR blog thread or whatever it is.

Today is 36 yrs I've been totally clean from drugs and alcohol. Seems so weird to be growing to treat mom and be totally sober. None of my sober friends know about this. I feel like it's better to stfu and not face possible lack of understanding and ridicule. Yet who knows, I'm sure some would understand, but at the same time be concerned for me and my sobriety. I sometimes worry about it myself, hell I couldn't blame them! And this certainly isn't something I would suggest an addict/alcoholic do.

Best wishes to everyone this Halloween. Being from San Francisco originally, it's a night I miss going out and watching the craziness. It get pretty damn goofy in SF on Halloween. To all those that are going out tonight, be safe, drive safe, have a good time, and don't forget to have a designated driver or call a damn taxi!

Update with pics later today.

Update:

Day 22 in 12/12, Day 13 in Flower. 1st Defoliation in flower done!

As promised, pics from the before and after of defoliation at the end of stretch.

PA2900011.JPG
PA2900021.JPG
PA290003.JPG
PA2900041.JPG
PA2900051.JPG
PA290006.JPG
PA290007.JPG
PA290008.JPG
PA290009.JPG

And the shorter girl:
PA310013.JPG
PA310014.JPG
PA310015.JPG

Looking damn good to me!

Thank you Bassman for enlightening the 420mag community. When I now see a big bushy plant, I can't help but think why on earth it hasn't been defoliated. I am going to employ this method during the course of the grow I have going and see what happens. I thought lst was the miracle technique, but it seems like I was mistaken. You have some very healthy girls there also, great work.

On my DLR I went 12/12 for 2 weeks then lost a half hour every week till 9/15 thats 8 weeks. My 2 bubbleious were done at 8 weeks but had to stay at 9/15 for 2 more weeks for the Northern Lights to finish

Hey bro, congratulations on 36 years!!! That's huge!!!! My father has been sober for 26 years, u know what u can and can't handle by now, growing for your mom seems to be a hobby for you, if you enjoy it, and it helps her, and it doesn't threaten your sobriety than its all good. Good for you man, congratulations again!!

Love it.
I just love it.
Looks like they passed with a healthy check up from Dr. Bassman..
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom