Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

Thanks guys. Errands running day. Hopefully get time to do an update and pics later today.

Update

Day 20 in flower, day 29 in 12/12

We are now in full on hard core bloom. Flowers are really growing and expanding well!

I'm taking some leaves almost daily. There are some fan leaves with stems not removed yet. And they can be a little big too. These are waiting for the corresponding flower to grow a lil bit more.

Freaking leak is active again! Pisses me off. I am going to have to re drill new buckets and new uniseals. I really don't know if I want to do that during the grow. However, the culprit bucket is the closest to door and easiest to remove by just taking the net pot lid and placing her on another bucket outside the tent for 10-20 mins.

I need to find out if my uniseals are part of the batch that had issues from mfgr. Maybe be able to get them replaced free. Regardless, I need to fix this.

Pics from today just before lights on:
PB0700031.JPG
PB0700041.JPG
PB0700061.JPG
PB070007.JPG

PB070009.JPG
PB070010.JPG
PB070011.JPG
PB070014.JPG
PB0700152.JPG
PB070016.JPG
PB0700171.JPG

Holy cow!!
Looks really nice in there Bass!
Hope you get your seal leak covered.

Well, I've been in repair mode for two days now.

This freaking leak got really bad.

Yesterday I bought two new 5 gal buckets and installed new uniseals and applied Gorilla Glue to the outside seal edge and inside I applied a wet/dry usable under water epoxy. I let these set overnight.

Today I drained the system, pulled two plants out and set on empty buckets. Removed old buckets. And went to install the new ones. NO WAY IN HELL they 1.5" pvc would go through the uniseal. Because of the expansion of the glue and epoxy, it held the seals so tight they wouldnt budge and expand enough to slide the pvc in. FML.

So, I reinstalled the old buckets, and applied the epoxy inside, gorilla glue outside and it's setting up now. Set time is 1-2 hr's. This will put the roots on no water for about 4-5 hrs total. I'll spray them with ro water a little but it should be ok.

So wtf else did I find? My damn air pump took a shit sometime in the last 2 days. Wonderful. Off to petsmart to buy a temporary replacement 4 outlet, "use for 170g tank" aquarium air pump.

I have had two sun leaves pumps die in the last 60 days. Both about 1 yr old or less, running basically 24/7. How hard is it to make quality at reasonable prices?

I'll have pics of the whole process of this fiasco later when I finish. Lets pray it seals up. Not giving the epoxy 24hrs to cure sucks but these girls need water and to get back under the light!

Thanks HMG. I hope this fixes it too. These things were fine for 6 weeks and didnt start to leak but a little bit off & on last grow. I thought it was from positioning, moving the buckets that tweaked the angle of the uniseals that caused the leak. So during cleanup between harvest and putting these girls into flower I thought I had it dialed in fine.

If I could find some 5-8gal square buckets with 6" net pot lids I could use some special o-rings and run a threaded setup which would be tons easier to adjust & take apart. I think it's time to put a concerted effort into finding the buckets. I aint paying undercurrent prices at $30 bucks a bucket or whatever it is.

On a good note, this did give me the opportunity to get into the middle of the plants and strip off lots of leaves that are harder to see/reach. These plants are very healthy and the flowers are looking great. Starting to smell a little and fans are getting a little sticky.

Not sure how much longer to give the underwater epoxy to set. I really want to get the girls back in there, add my new nute mix, and under the light. **Took another 1/2 hr off of lights on this week, so girls are 10.5 on, 13.5 off.

Well, all done with repairs. No time to water test. Gotta get the girls back into water.

Waiting for epoxy to set:
PB100003.JPG

Girls out of water patiently waiting on me:
PB100005.JPG
PB100006.JPG

Bubbles anyone?
PB100007.JPG

So they're back in and under the light. Position is a little different. I think slightly further apart, and certainly rotated a bit. I'll have to play with this to get them set right for most light. But that's for another day.

Say a prayer for no leaks for me!

PPM: 1390 (2.78 e.c.) a little hot but they'll drink tonight and I'll thin it some.
PH: 5.4

Day 23 in flower. About 40 to go.

Lets see if we don't have leaks 1st. If it leaks feel free to say I suck.

Nice save Bass!
Fingers crossed for no pissy buckets.
Plants look bloody amazing though!
You deserve a KiT Kat now..

reps are on route

Well, 1 hour, no leaks. Gotta work tonight so I'm going to bed. I'll peak in with a flashlight when I wake.

Back
Top Bottom