BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

Nice idea with the spreaders, I haven’t seen that before. :idea:
Thanks. I'm sure someone has done that before me, but I've not seen it anywhere either.
All aboard!!!!! ChooooChoooo!
Everything is chugging along now. :)
I see we are implementing the same LST techniques with the garden wire and paper clips! Works very well and helps those ladies get wide.
Having large diameter pots really helps things too. Your huge pots should accomodate some super nice spread. :cool:
Vanilla frosting by dark heart, seems like their version of gelato so I’m excited
I grew some Dark Heart clones a couple seasons ago. They were all great quality plants.

Here's a quick update on the autos. I'm not thrilled by them so far. I still am working my way up the learning curve on growing autos but hope to someday get one that I'm happy with. Until then, I'll keep trying - they aren't much work and they do give us some nice variety. I just would like to get more than 2 oz from them.
Monster Bruce Banner:
It's currently at day 35. It started flowering at about day 25.

Pink Kush CBD:
It's currently at day 41 and started flowering by day 26. I'm liking the purple coloring - kinda reminds me of the LSD-25 I grew last year.

Sweet CBD:
This one got started quite a bit later than the other two, but at day 18 it's still really small. I was hoping to try some training or a topping on it, but it just isn't a fast enough grower. It will probably start flower within a week.

Even though this is NOT an auto, it is acting like one. It's Gorilla Breath #1 and is at day 68. I knew pretty quickly that it wasn't going to grow normally so fortunately I started another 11 days later. A couple weeks ago it decided to start flowering. I expect it to eventually revert back to veg - maybe already has started. Her sister at 57 days is looking stellar by comparison.

Kind of hit and miss with autos- it is odd that they're not branching out a little more, although
there's still time for them to make a move in that direction...
And GB1 is just a strange little thing compared to her big sister-she does look like she might be
rethinking the whole flowering thing...
I had to stick that Alaskan Purple of mine in the dark broom closet 16 hrs a day for about ten days
to help it decide whether it was going to flower or not- something like that might get the GB1 to
commit one way or the other...

Don’t feel bad - my autos are runty this year too. At least your’s are pretty! :yummy:
I figure if I grow enough of them, I'll eventually get a winner.
Just got to keep them growing fast and strong from day 1
I think that's probably the key. I'm too conservative with nutrients in the beginning. I'll be starting a 2nd round of autos at the end of this month.
And GB1 is just a strange little thing compared to her big sister-she does look like she might be
rethinking the whole flowering thing...
I had to stick that Alaskan Purple of mine in the dark broom closet 16 hrs a day for about ten days
to help it decide whether it was going to flower or not- something like that might get the GB1 to
commit one way or the other...
Actually, I'll be happy if GB1 goes back into veg. It wasn't supposed to start flowering yet. This little freak is just a bonus plant anyway. I almost threw it out a month ago. :laughtwo:

My wedding crashers started to flower also about a month and a half ago. The way I know it’s starting to revert back is it will start growing leaves with a single blade.
image.jpg
I kinda like the growth it has after, almost like monster cropping, look at all the nodes I have exploding now and this is the bottom branch of one of the crashers.
image.jpg

Time for an update on the photo period gals. This past week we had about 3 days of very warm weather and then 4 days of very windy weather. I don't think the plants were very happy about that, but it's been mild the last two days and they've bounced back nicely.

Normally they would be more than 3 feet tall by now, but this year I am keeping all my girls pruned and trained to enhance top cola production and reduce larf. So far I'm really please with my training results.

Killer A5 Haze:
I read she is a heavy feeder, so I've been raising the nutrient levels a bit on her and does seem to like it.

Gorilla Breath:
She's 11 days behind both KA5H and Dr.S and is only in a 10 gallon pot, but she is really trying to catch up to the other two fast.

I'm feeding all the plants a little more heavily than I have in the past and I can certainly see the difference this year. I'm gradually climbing up that learning curve. :yahoo:
I put GB2 into a 10 gallon pot instead of a 20 gal because after the way GB1 was so runty, I figured she would probably not require much room - I was wrong. I noticed today when I picked her up to take a photo, her roots are already trying to grow out the bottom. If it was sitting directly on the ground the roots would be growing there now too. Here's one of the bricks she was sitting on.

Dr. Seedsman CBD:
She's also looking pretty happy so far. Nice shape and color. I've topped all the plants twice and applied LST. I think I'm satisfied with the shape and will probably just let them grow naturally the rest of the way.

They all look so amazing already Beez. I’m so interested to see how your Dr. S goes, it seems it has a really great structure. Should be able to support her buds with nice strong stems. I’m so envious, I would love to be able to grow outdoors. I’ll settle for watching you for now. :popcorn:

It’s going to be a great fall! :thumb:
If all goes well, a busy one too. I hope my gimpy hands make through all that trimming.
I’m so interested to see how your Dr. S goes, it seems it has a really great structure. Should be able to support her buds with nice strong stems.
The stems are indeed solid-looking. If the buds are too heavy (nice problem to have), I can allows stake them up.
I’d be happy to get 2oz off an auto outside! Or are you talking 2oz from all them put together...
Well, I've only grown 3 autos previously so I don't have much personal experience to go on. My best came in at 2.8 oz, but I've seen so many really nice autos grown by the peeps here that I feel I should be able to do better than what I've done so far.

Training is lookin great Beez! Love the dome shape they all have. That’s what I’m trying to get out of mine Also. My girls didn’t appreciate the last few days of strong winds either but they suffered through.

My girls didn’t appreciate the last few days of strong winds either but they suffered through.
The LST tie-downs really helped them survive all that wind.

How early did you top it? Seems mine go into flower before I have a chance to top.

Back
Top Bottom