Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

If you take a look at my pots, I think they are what your meaning....or I'm completely way off. I have found however, it has been best to not fill the bottom reservoir up and to keep that area dry as my plants showed signs of too wet of feet.

These pots here

Close, but those are much taller.

I'm thinking of a normal fabric pot. Round or square, doesn't matter. Then slipping that pot inside (as snugly as possible) about a 4" deep container. Say the fabric pot is 14" tall. OK, the bottom 4" is now contained in hard plastic, but the top 10" is still air exposed fabric.

So other than the container having 3/4 of the sides as fabric pot, it's still a dutch bucket.

Close, but those are much taller.

I'm thinking of a normal fabric pot. Round or square, doesn't matter. Then slipping that pot inside (as snugly as possible) about a 4" deep container. Say the fabric pot is 14" tall. OK, the bottom 4" is now contained in hard plastic, but the top 10" is still air exposed fabric.

So other than the container having 3/4 of the sides as fabric pot, it's still a dutch bucket.

it all works on a wicking principle. hempy just cuts out all the fancy shit lol

are you just looking for fewer res changes ? that would be an advantage. hempy really ties you to the grow.

I'm not really looking for anything other than experimentation for my Lab tent. Trying different styles and just tinkering with some slightly non-conventional stuff.

Like right now, I'm playing with quadlining. On the next go with it, I was thinking of trying dutch buckets. Which then lead me to think about the benefits of fabric pots, and what if about using fabric pots for dutch buckets. Of course you need something solid to hold the water in the bottom, which is the part I'm trying to work out at the moment.

Your tupperware got me thinking on it again. So far the most challenging part has been to find something I can squeeze the fabric pot into that is short enough, to allow for the water in the bottom. If I went with something like a bus tub, etc, then there would be a gap around the fabric pot, which I would want to find a way to cover. Similar to an octopot, and how its in the middle of its tub, and the top of the tub is covered.

Not real sure where I'll go with it, and maybe I end up just skipping the fabric pot part and do a normal dutch setup. Where is the fun/experimentation in that, though? :)

holy cripes ! the start is a bit severe ...

Nah, it isn't that bad really. It's certainly a quicker way to the same number as a manifold/mainline, but less cuts.

I've got 5 autos going right now, and they all have been topped, and getting quadlined.

Nah, it isn't that bad really. It's certainly a quicker way to the same number as a manifold/mainline, but less cuts.

I've got 5 autos going right now, and they all have been topped, and getting quadlined.

just gotta get over it. maybe do the initial trimming in a couple stages at first.... :tommy:

They take it pretty well all at once.

I've done it to 5 autos in the last month, all at once. They were fine through it and didn't skip a beat. Now autos are tricky. You have to do it by the end of the 3rd week. Once you get into week 4, don't bother. The potential for stressing them out increases quickly at that point. With autos though, you definitely want to make sure they are thriving before doing it. If they aren't, then you're better off with basic LST and skip the top. Photos are different, obviously. Top when ready and veg until ready to flip.

They take it pretty well all at once.

I've done it to 5 autos in the last month, all at once. They were fine through it and didn't skip a beat. Now autos are tricky. You have to do it by the end of the 3rd week. Once you get into week 4, don't bother. The potential for stressing them out increases quickly at that point. With autos though, you definitely want to make sure they are thriving before doing it. If they aren't, then you're better off with basic LST and skip the top. Photos are different, obviously. Top when ready and veg until ready to flip.

morning multi.

just had a look. the day will have to be soon.

Are ya scared to death?

I was too. But the autos were growin so well that I carefully took the fiskars to em. It worked well, and they're doing great structurally.

:snowboating:

You've seen the quadline thread, or at least one of them.

Here's one about topping autos, if ever needed.

And the quadsquad thread:

You're welcome.

As you've seen, Dutch does excellent quads. There is definitely and art to doing a quad, no doubt. It seems simple enough at face value, and it is. Once it starts branching and things go fast is where you need to be on your toes. As I'm finding out, and trying to carefully get my girls back on track with it.

It's fun and interesting though, so there's that. And if done well can replicate a good scrog to an extent. I'm debating about whether to scrog or quad the girls that just went into the rdwc, and it's all @Dutchman1990's fault. :laugh::laugh:

here is your morning hempy..

all doing well. they have started to get that famous green the MC folk all look for. the calmag def signs have backed off, still see a spot or two. will see how they react to the latest feed.

most getting closer to topping and lst time. i definitely need some kind of canopy management. any one who has seen my grows understands why the flower space is called the jungle room..... :cheesygrinsmiley:

stunty has hit pace. saw some roots at the edge of her pot at feeding this morning. it's a real good sign. all of them have hit the edges with their roots. a bit earlier than i have experienced with other grows. :)

freak de la day demands to be herself.. :laughtwo:

Quadline and trellis! @multiVortex I like that there’s so many options to what you can do training wise. It’s fun to manipulate the plant and achieve that next level of growing! (@bluter hope you don’t mind a few pics)

Also Bluter don’t be scared about the quadline pal! If you want just do 1 plant to try see how it goes and then go from there! You can always top the others later and mimic the training. If you got any questions you know who you can ask!

Quadline and trellis! @multiVortex I like that there’s so many options to what you can do training wise. It’s fun to manipulate the plant and achieve that next level of growing! (@bluter hope you don’t mind a few pics)

Also Bluter don’t be scared about the quadline pal! If you want just do 1 plant to try see how it goes and then go from there! You can always top the others later and mimic the training. If you got any questions you know who you can ask!

post away dutch ! gonna need all the help i can get on this junk lol

would love to scrog but it's just not in the cards in the current situation. i need to get comfy with the idea of more aggressive lst / training. been a jungle grower so long it's hard to break. changed nearly everything else so view it as a next step in the evolution.

Stop trying to derail this thread Dutch with your superior grow technology and fantastic verdantness.

Back
Top Bottom