Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

Quick weekend update:

They are looking good but they weren’t as centered on my lights as I had thought so I had to do a slight adjustment to get the WG back to growing up instead of leaning towards the lights.

I also have not fed them today as the promix is still pretty moist. I will check again before bed time to see what it is looking like.

I was really hoping/expecting to see a little green popping out of the soil today when I got home but no action, at least that has made it top aide yet. Maybe tomorrow…. I am so impatient LOL
Gotta love that feeling of Patiently impatiently waiting.. 🏝️

Looking good! I don't usually start feeding until the 2nd set of true leaves are almost full grown.
Good to know. I was going to follow the below as a guide and then just watch the plants to see if I need to slow my roll or speed things up.

Feeding schedule
Wk 1 - Sprout: .5g/Gal
2/7 Wk 2 - Late sprout: 1g/Gal
2/14 Wk 3 - Early veg: 1.5g/Gal. + Cal/mag
2/21 Wk 4 - Veg: 2g/Gal
2/28 Wk 5 - Late Veg: 2.5-3.5g/Gal. + Cal/mag
3/6 FLIP 12/12
3/6 Wk 6 - Flower: 4-5.6g/Gal

Good to know. I was going to follow the below as a guide and then just watch the plants to see if I need to slow my roll or speed things up.

Feeding schedule
2/7 Wk 2 - Late sprout: 1g/Gal
2/14 Wk 3 - Early veg: 1.5g/Gal. + Cal/mag
2/21 Wk 4 - Veg: 2g/Gal
2/28 Wk 5 - Late Veg: 2.5-3.5g/Gal. + Cal/mag
3/6 FLIP 12/12
3/6 Wk 6 - Flower: 4-5.6g/Gal
I've got no problem with folks following the instructions on the back of the box if they want to the first time they run a new line of nutes!

I forgot you were using MC. 0.5g/gallon won't even be noticed by your plants! I start around 1.25g/gallon after the second set of leaves and end up at 4.5 for most of veg, which would definitely be by week 4 and probably much earlier.

Some that will depend on what's in your cal-mag as well and what version of MC you're using, but I don't want to sway you from your schedule. At least not this early. ;)

Though if you see the lowest leaves start to fade at any point in veg it means it's time to bump the MC, not the calmag.

Thanks for the advice! And no problems steering away from the schedule, more than anything it was a loose guideline that I put together being on the cautious side. So let’s see what this looks like then.

2/7 Wk 2 - Late sprout: 1.5g/Gal
2/14 Wk 3 - Early veg: 3g/Gal. + Cal/mag
2/21 Wk 4 - Veg: 4.5g/Gal
2/28 Wk 5 - Late Veg: 5g/Gal. + Cal/mag
3/6 FLIP 12/12
3/6 Wk 6 - Flower: 5 - 6g/Gal

HP is promix and the calmag is FF Bushdoctor.

As I will need to feed every watering I can slowly step up during the week to end where the following weeks schedule starts :)

Edit: I also got some of the kelp extract that MC sent me that I was going to add in as well.

Bush Doctor calmag is 1 - 0 - 0, 3% Calcium 0.9% Magnesium. hard to know if that's enough magnesium without knowing what the numbers are from the MC (versions vary), but I certainly don't want to start running nute calculations (or even making recommendations) unless that's something you're interested in pursuing.

I can say that if the kelp extract from MC is their Sea-K, please don't use it.

I’m interested in as much knowledge as I can get :)

The MC is the 9-7-14 water soluble version.

And yes the kelp is the SeaKelp they sent me for free along with my nutes. No bueño huh? I seem to remember someone else telling me to stay away from it as well.

Not sure how to justify 0-0-18:
1707081480085.png

...along with your 9-7-14 in the bag of MC. All you'd end up with is crispy leaves!

Here we go for my second grow journal and first SIP grow. Hopefully a little smoother than my first grow :)

So here are the details:

Strains: Bruce Banner, Wedding Gelato and Watermelon.

Grow Tent: 4x4x6

Lights: Viparspectra PS2000 x 2 daisy chained

Media: Pro-Mix HP

Nutrients: Green Leaf Nutrients MegaCrop

SIP Method: 5 gallon buckets with the GrowBucket inserts

Temperature: 1500w small indoor heater controlled by an Inkbird ITC-308 to keep temps at or above 70° (78° until seeds sprout), grow room door open or window cracked to keep temps below 80°.

RH: Veg: 55% Flower: 45% - small room humidifier controlled by an Inkbird ICH-200-WiFi

Ventilation : 2 x Vivosun 4” inline variable speed at full for extraction and 1 4” inline intake fan.

Circulation: 3 x VIvosun AeroWave E6 oscillating fans

Lighting Cycles:

Seedling: 18/6, Lights at 50% and 16” above canopy.

Veg for 4 weeks: 18/6, lights at 75% and 16” above above canopy. lux/ppfd/µmols goal:

Flower for 8 weeks: 12/12, lights at 100%, as close as the plants can handle.

IMG_1818.jpeg

Strain Details:

Bruce Banner #3 - weed seeds express

Type
: Feminized Photoperiod, Hybrid: 50/50

Lineage: bred by Jason Holck of Dark Horse Genetics (aka OG Ironlung) by crossing Strawberry Diesel with OG Kush

Flower: 60 - 65 days

Feelings: creative, energetic, euphoric

Negatives: dizzy, dry eyes, dry mouth

Helps with: stress, depression, pain

Size: 39” - 47”

THC Level: 27%

Wedding Gelato - Royal Queen Seeds

Type
: Feminized Photoperiod, Hybrid: 40% Sativa 60 % Indica

Lineage: Wedding Cake x Gelato x Gelato 33

Flower: 60 days

Feelings: giggly, aroused, sleepy

Negatives: dizzy, dry eyes, dry mouth

Helps with: anxiety, stress, bipolar

Size: 24” - 39”

THC Level: 25%

Watermelon - Royal Queen Seeds

Type
: Feminized Photoperiod, Hybrid

Lineage: Unfortunately, nobody knows! The genetic background of Watermelon remains shrouded in mystery; an anonymous breeder created her somewhere in a secret garden and never claimed credit for their masterpiece. Read more here:

Flower: 49 - 60 days

Feelings: sleepy, relaxed, hungry

Negatives: dizzy, headache, dry eyes

Helps with: stress, anxiety, pain

Size: 32” - 51”

THC Level: 22%

All three strains were hand selected by the Mrs with the main purpose of making edibles to help with daily stress/anxiety with a little saved over for more traditional methods and to share with friends of course. Hopefully the watermelon doesn’t go short and the banner doesn’t go long.

I am really excited about doing SIP with this grow as my last grow I think I under watered pretty much the whole grow. So let’s see how it goes. Feel free to put your feet up and watch me stumble my way through this grow.

Here we have my SIP grow buckets set up and ready to go:

IMG_1860.jpeg

I dropped the seeds into some water with a squirt of h202 and will soak them for 24 hours and then will put them right into the buckets. I will follow Emilya Greens method of watering a seedling in its final destination. And then once established I will start with SIP, I might ask for some guidance on when to start with SIP.

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

I am also want to keep a closer watch during flower to make sure I have enough airflow across the plants as I got hit with mold on my last grow. I am not sure if it started during flower or during the hang.

My plan initially is to update this journal 2 times a week or as needed. Should be a fun grow this time around and I am excited to do a SIP grow.

Here is the tent all set and ready to go before I dropped the seeds into water

IMG_1859.jpeg

Lights are now off and tent is holding at 78° for the next 24 hours. Once they are in the buckets I will turn 1 light on at 25% so I can actually see what’s going on. Once they pop I will follow my lighting schedule as outlined above.

Here we go!!

IMG_1863.jpeg
Awesome right up.. loving the attention to detail you have going on here, following along as I already know I'll be learning something.

Hey Ke0

New setup looks great.

You may not need the extra cal-mag. We have similar water and I don't use any. We have limestone aquifers here in MN. Lots of calcium in our moderately hard water.
The newest version of MC doesn't seem to need it but it definitely is something good to have on hand.
You just don't want to go overboard with the Cal. Too much Cal will lockout K and give you burned leaf margins.

The Sea-Kelp is good to use alone on seedlings albeit at a diluted amount. I had it at one time as well.
I just stick to straight MC now with the new formula being so good.

You missed the days on 420 where we had many growers using it. The company went through about 3-4 versions of it within four years or less.
It seems like they had issues with raw material supplies, especially during Covid lockdown. During this time a lot of growers abandoned the product when they started having issues.
The last version didn't dissolve well and the one before that was a moisture magnet. The newest version will pick up moisture if you leave it open but nowhere near as bad as the older version. I keep mine in a mason jar with a screw top.

I've seen some really nice plants grown with the newest version( and the older version with some tweaking, ala @InTheShed ). My lil' PoTY had nothing but straight MC.

I do things a bit different than Shed when planting/feeding new sprouts, both ways seem to work fine.
I use 1 gr/gallon to pre-wet my ProMix before planting. I have had zero problems with my sprouts burning at such a light dose.

Are you going to set up a separate drying area in the future? Multiple strains are seldom done at the same time and you don't want to rush your drying unless you are having high rh issues.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for this grow!

:passitleft:

Hey Ke0

New setup looks great.

You may not need the extra cal-mag. We have similar water and I don't use any. We have limestone aquifers here in MN. Lots of calcium in our moderately hard water.
The newest version of MC doesn't seem to need it but it definitely is something good to have on hand.
You just don't want to go overboard with the Cal. Too much Cal will lockout K and give you burned leaf margins.

The Sea-Kelp is good to use alone on seedlings albeit at a diluted amount. I had it at one time as well.
I just stick to straight MC now with the new formula being so good.

You missed the days on 420 where we had many growers using it. The company went through about 3-4 versions of it within four years or less.
It seems like they had issues with raw material supplies, especially during Covid lockdown. During this time a lot of growers abandoned the product when they started having issues.
The last version didn't dissolve well and the one before that was a moisture magnet. The newest version will pick up moisture if you leave it open but nowhere near as bad as the older version. I keep mine in a mason jar with a screw top.

I've seen some really nice plants grown with the newest version( and the older version with some tweaking, ala @InTheShed ). My lil' PoTY had nothing but straight MC.

I do things a bit different than Shed when planting/feeding new sprouts, both ways seem to work fine.
I use 1 gr/gallon to pre-wet my ProMix before planting. I have had zero problems with my sprouts burning at such a light dose.

Are you going to set up a separate drying area in the future? Multiple strains are seldom done at the same time and you don't want to rush your drying unless you are having high rh issues.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for this grow!

:passitleft:
Hey there! Thank you for the history on MC! I just got a new bag of it and it had big huge clumps in it that had to break up.

Also good info about the CalMag. Our water should be about the same, though I do known that some of the cities are spring fed and others are not. So water makeup might vary. Though I know our ph is pretty much the same.

Drying tent = yes. This is on my list of things to get done and have ready to go for this grow.

Should be a fun grow :)

Day 7 Update.

Here we are 1 week into this grow. Things are running smoothly and as expected so far.

There will be a couple of tent/equipment changes to the tent in the near future as I have an ACI 69 Pro Controller and new ACI 4” inline coming that will help keep overall grow environment in check.

I also moved away from the spray bottle today and gave them their first drink of water. Focussing about 4” out from them to entice their roots to shoot out.

I am also keeping the reservoir about 1/4 full at all times as well.

Well that’s about it for now.

Day 10 update.

They are a growin. Watermelon is about twice the size of Banner with WG evenly in between the two. Which if I remember correctly is the order that they popped as well.

Fed them last night at bedtime with 1.5g/gal of MC and still trying to keep the reservoir at around 1/4 full. They do look a tad droopy so I might have been a little heavy handed in my water effort last night. Will keep an eye on that.

Looking good KeOncp.

I'm going to do SIPs for my next grow. Got 5 Lsd clones raring to go. As soon as Lucy & Bertha are finished drying the clones will be put into sips and put in the tent.

I was using Geoflora for my last grow but was looking for a better alternative for the SIPs. How do you like the Mega Crop so far?

Looking good KeOncp.

I'm going to do SIPs for my next grow. Got 5 Lsd clones raring to go. As soon as Lucy & Bertha are finished drying the clones will be put into sips and put in the tent.

I was using Geoflora for my last grow but was looking for a better alternative for the SIPs. How do you like the Mega Crop so far?
I really like the ease of use with the MegaCrop and it’s super cheap. There are several people on these forums that use it with great results. My last grow I was way over doing it with the MC due to a scale issue. And I also switched nutes midway through the grow from the GeoFlora to MC. So this will be my first full grow using MC and using it correctly LOL.

Back
Top Bottom