Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Week 5 - Master Kush plant, FIMmed the top to make it bush (maybe a mistake); lower right:

0011507.JPG

The other Master Kush I decided to let grow out, and curve the apical meristem around the plant (middle lower left):

0021507.JPG

The Pre '98 BK is growing out 5 or 6 main branches, and I'm supercropping them to keep the plant's profile even:

0031438.JPG

This Katsu cut BK is beautiful, and no problems so far @ week 5 (easy on the H2O there!):

0041347.JPG

Here's the side view, a nice one to do a straight cola out of huh (minimal side branching)?

0051278.JPG

The second Katsu cut, 1 day before 2 weeks old:

0061106.JPG

The second Pre '98, 1 day before 3 weeks old and first dose of food to get it going into the mineralized soil:

0071049.JPG

This is my first serious attempt at FIMming, so I don't expect to do too well. I think I'm doing a decent job of keeping them low, though.....

:peace:

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Looking good buddy, they look lush and green and all happy as hell!

I like this mineralized soil so far. An idea I have for the future is this same method only using Subcool's super soil mix in a slightly larger pot for the flowering cycle in the second transplant.

Here's a pic for an update. Slow goin' so far.....

0061111.JPG

The LSTed Master Kush with the FIMmed top (younger Pre'98 top right, younger Katsu cut bottom right):

0071054.JPG

The unFIMmed top LSTed Master Kush:

008967.JPG

I didn't realize how bad the growth would slow from doing FIMs on all the branches coming up. I need to get these (and all the clones in here with them) under a 400 watt MH @ 18/6.

Oh by the way it looks like I got lucky and the two late running Bubba Kush seedlings are feeding from the mineralized soil, so I don't have to give them the one feeding of AN Mother Earth I gave the others prior to transplant. I like the way this works through veg so far.

Note: A day before 6 weeks old I transplanted the Pre '98 BK into a 3 gallon pot of mineralized soil. There was a 4" long root mass coming out of the bottom hole in the 1 gallon pot. It doesn't surprise me; I've been seeing signs of problems in the leaves despite proper care (wilt, slight nute deficiency). The good thing is I already have a method that may work well if I continue to use this setup with these strains:
CFL full spectrum 200 watt @ approx. 50 watts/sq. ft. (3" - 4" above plant tops)
average 48% relative humidity
average 80 degrees F
beginning - 5.5" pot; Roots Organic soil.
after 1st month - 2 gallon pot; Icemud's mineralized soil.
after 2nd month - 5 gallon pot; Subcool's super soil mix on bottom of pot and Icemud's mineralized soil on top of pot around rootball.

Two weeks after the first transplant would be a good time to go under the 400 watt MH for a month, then two weeks after the last transplant would be a good time to start 12/12. I'll have to watch and see if I need to feed before I chop and if so adjust the amounts.

Thanks. I was gonna post a few pics today, but I did on my other journal and for some reason somebody else's pics came up. It even looks that way when I look at my gallery. My pic shows, but when I double click the pic to enlarge I get somebody elses's pic too. I'll try again soon.

I should have introduced the Pre '98 into the next bigger pot of mineralized soil with a dose of AN Mother Earth like I did the others; the slight rootbound condition left it a bit light green in the leaves. I transplanted the rest of the first 4 into the new pots before they ran into the problem. As soon as I chop 3 plants from under the 600 watt HPS, my plants under the 400 watt HPS unit I run will go in there to fill that unit. I am going to switch them to a MH/HPS 250 watt @ 18/6 for a few weeks in order to have 2 of my units in veg (I've got a slight backup going with plants). As soon as I can shut one unit down, this Bubba Kush grow is going to hit a 400 watt MH until I think they're big enough to get some dope off of :) Here's a group shot (along with a few clones and revegs):

008972.JPG

Master Kush - 6 weeks, 2 days from seed:

0021518.JPG
0011519.JPG

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 - 6 weeks, 2 days from seed:

0031450.JPG

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 - 5 weeks, 3 days from seed:

0041360.JPG

Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) S1 - 4 weeks, 3 days from seed:

0051289.JPG

Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) S1 - 6 weeks, 2 days from seed:

0061118.JPG

Man I need to get my traffic jam dealt with and get these under the 250 watt MH/HPS for a few more weeks. The 400 will be open then, or I can change the bulb in the 250 watt unit. I'm going to supercrop the smaller Pre '98 this time and top the Katsu cut as soon as the top gets big enough to clone.

Just a hair overwatered (with a drought resistant strain like this, a hair is more like WAY overwatered) and the pic was taken at first lights on (all my plants look wilted when the lights first come on; I just checked it and the wilt is gone).

For me , i like what i see :)

Here's some more to look at then :)
I'll have my Chem D clone pulled tomorrow at which point I can clear out and tweak my other unit. These need to get in a bigger space quick:

0011526.JPG

I may put these Nirvana Seeds Master Kush plants into flower separately:

0031456.JPG
0021524.JPG

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 (both):

0061125.JPG
0051297.JPG

Katsu cut Bubba Kush S1 (both):

0071065.JPG
0041367.JPG

And another test. Testing, one, two, grope!!!!!

Batman.gif

:)

Hey chap looking real healthy in there well done!

This method works well. If I do it right, I probably won't need to feed until the plants are into flowering a few weeks. I cleaned out my second unit after transferring the last 2 plants out of it. After disassembling and cleaning the inline fan and ducts then topping the second Katsu cut (another clone), I put the last 2 Bubba Kush plants into 2 gallon pots of mineralized soil. 5 of the 6 plants are in 2 gallon pots of the soil mix, and the oldest Pre '98 is in a 3 gallon pot. They are now under a 250 watt MH/HPS bulb @ 18/6. I am going to take the 2 Master Kush plants and put them under the 600 watt HPS @ 12/12 as soon as I have the room (2 - 3 weeks?), but I'll run the 4 Bubba Kush plants a bit longer to get yield up.

Post pics soon.....

Back
Top Bottom