1. Nutes: Gen. Hydro 3 part, Magi.Cal, Hygrzyme, Floranectar
2. Change out every 7-10 days & I do top off with Water, then I adjust.
3. No big PH fluxuations. I adjust as needed.
4. I start out at just aboce the roots bottm then at about half way down, I let the roots grow into the water.

Hope this answers your questions,ask away..

:bong:

Got to love the Gh FloraSeries super pH stable from my experiences with it :) Again very nice work.

What kind of system is this Butch?

Damn Dude! when can i get some seeds? that is just phenomenal bro well done oh and i know yo put it somewere in here but what is that momma system cuz it looks very easy to maintain and very effective:thumb: great as always butch i love comin through here:surf:

This one is for the both of you and anyone else wondering. The mother system is a 5 gallon DWC system, with a circular air stone. If Ya'll want I can post a mini tutorial on it? Actually I will..post a quick HOW-TO on it. I'll have it here by the end of the day.
Everythings looking great butch. Good job

thanx for the support Weedy, all the posi vibes helps keep things moving along.

Got to love the Gh FloraSeries super pH stable from my experiences with it :) Again very nice work.

thanx for the support McBudz, its always good knowing the grow support is always stopping by. +rep

:thanks:
:ganjamon:

The mother system is a 5 gallon DWC system, with a circular air stone. If Ya'll want I can post a mini tutorial on it? Actually I will..post a quick HOW-TO on it. I'll have it here by the end of the day.

thx much Butch....lookin forward to it! :thanks:

How to make a simple DWC System for your mothers.

This is going to be a quick guide on how to make a simple, yet effective, 5 gallon bucket system for your future mother plants. I started using hydro to do mothers' for the fallowing reasons:

1. No Soil = Less chance of bugs
2. Hydro is alot more forgiving
3. Being able to adjust the nutrient uptake of the mother plant.

Step one is buying your equipment.This is what you'll need to make this bucket:

Things_needed.JPG

Next your going to want to get your tools. For this you'll need a 3 inch Hole Saw, Drill and .5 inch Drill Bit.

First (I)You cut the hole in the lid using your drill and 3 inch Hole Saw.

hole_n_lid.JPG

Then you tap a hole into the bucket, just below the lid. I take out the handle and use hole for the handle as a guide for the actual hole like this:

Hole_placement.JPG

At this point your bucket should look like this:

Cut_bucket.JPG

Next your going to want to set up your pump in its new home. One thing that is important is that you have your air pump at a higher level then your water. This is to keep any water from getting into your stone and air lines. This is not a priority, however it is a big must in my book. Connect your air line, don not plug your pump in just yet. Then take your stone and place it at the bottom of the bucket. some stones will not stay put, so 1 thing to do is buy some suction cups and attach the to the bottom of the stone. to keep them in place. I did not have to do this, but it will work effectively.

Next pop your new mom in the bucket:

Plant_in_bucket.JPG

This is the results you should get at the bottom of your bucket once the air pump, stone and line are hooked up and are on:

new_mother_3.JPG

Here are the results of A mother plant after 1 month under 4 CFL's:

March 1,2010

new_mother.JPG

March 31,2010

MOM_2.jpg

MOM_5.jpg

In conclusion, I just hope this helps out plenty of you to build this simple, cheap & effective system to produce any amount of cuttings. And this growth would and can be increased by simply increasing lighting or switching out to HID. This was just an experiment that came out sucessful, and has completely changed the way I grow my mother plants. I hope ya'll get the same results and have bountiful harvest.

:thanks:
:ganjamon:
THE BUTCHER

well this is the first run w/ her. shes at 8 weeks and 2 days and she pretty much done. She went into dark today so, that make it a total of 58 days in soil.. and thats the mom finishing off. In hydro I'm sure it'll be less. Or maybe its just the pheno I have, dunno.

well this is the first run w/ her. shes at 8 weeks and 2 days and she pretty much done. She went into dark today so, that make it a total of 58 days in soil.. and thats the mom finishing off. In hydro I'm sure it'll be less. Or maybe its just the pheno I have, dunno.

she looks great butcher thanks for the info:bongrip: +rep

Sorry Butcher

Next your going to want to set up your pump in its new home. Where and how? Inside! Outside! Sorry, I know this is simple stuff, but I need just a bit more info. I need to see it. Sorry to be a pain.:smokin:

I place the pump inside the the box, outside of the bucket. Up on a shelf above the bucket. Never a pain OMM. Always a pleasure to have you stop by.

she looks great butcher thanks for the info:bongrip: +rep

Hope it helps you with the strain. After I finish her off and have her cured, I will be adding her to the strain guide here on 420.

That's a great mother set up, and it works as we can see clearly! Very inspiring for sure, thanks!! :bravo:

Wat up Live tour! Nice to have you and hatnx for the kind words. Glad to see you like the bucket system.

Awesome writeup man, the beauty of that system is that you can use it for mothers, or just cycling out plants in the same system. I know some soil growers that are amazed at how cheaply you can build one of these buckets especially for how well they work.

couldnt agree w/ you more. just by the site of your ladies flowering, that shows how effective the bucket system can be.:ganjamon:

yo butch my man thanks for the tutorial i added it to the file of your helpful grow tips gonna make one of these really soon

Let me know if you do. I got a couple things I'm working on for a similar thread. If anything, let me know and can shot you some more info for the thread. I have to say :thanks: for all the great vibes you've brought. Not only to my thread but to every1 elses as well.

much thanx for the info, Butch. Now if I can just find that can of black spray paint for my Homer bucket.....

No Prob. and Imust say this, both Home Depot & Walmart sell cheap 99 cent flat back, but if you got the choice go w/ the Home Depot can. I was able to cover 3 buckets completely w/ the H.D paint. Where as I could barely get enough to cover just ONE bucket. Same price but it carries ALOT less paint. I know its cheap, but hey wwhen you put yourself on a budget for all these projects. I GOTTA GET THE MOST OUT OF EVERY PENNY.:ganjamon:

Let me know if you do. I got a couple things I'm working on for a similar thread. If anything, let me know and can shot you some more info for the thread. I have to say :thanks: for all the great vibes you've brought. Not only to my thread but to every1 elses as well.

I will let you know man just gotta get the air pump air stone and tubing and i'll put the other pink pez right on in there:thumb:just a matter of getting 30or40$ to spare outside the budget haha as always:rollit:and of course man good vibes make the world go round if we didn't have em idk what i would do :roorrip: maybe that and then smile haha:peace:my friend

Back
Top Bottom