BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

yea weedtastic i know what your mean ...it is alot of work.......i have alot of beans going right now and between everyday life and family it took 3 days to transplant and water everyrhing.......good vibes allways your way BWC......peace bro.

Flower Day 62

Ok so I'm beyond the recommended flowering time. The PM has seemed to have haulted with the harvest. The humidity has been more manageable with less transpiration. Its been in the 30%-40% range with the AC on. I haven't been checkin trichs regularly. Honestly I've been workin with this strain for like a year str8 so I have a decent idea just eyeballing. I have one plant in a 1 gal that's turned purple mostly. As far as watering goes, I've been watering as needed with filtered water and water collected from AC/dehumidifier. No PHing, just st8 water (its like 7.2 according to my apparently slightly off meter). I didn't clearex/flush=too much work for my taste. I've only been watering as needed with plain water which is another reason I wanted to let them go a little longer to give the waterings/flush time to work (I hope it works this way, I read many posts where this lazy man's flush was used). I just want to be done so I can take a break and get ready for the next one. Oh yea, now I have a protege, don;t wanna go into details. Funny how things happen. NE how I haven't harvested the rest because my drying boxes were full. I manicured the deep chunk X strawberry cough and filled 4 1 qt mason jars (probably finish cure at 2 1/2 jars). The Mazar was like 1/3 of a jar (very poor yield from a plant that went thru it all). Because of the hot temps my buds were a little drier than I'd have liked for them to begin curing. I left stems on many buds hoping that the moisture from the stems would be evenly distributed thought the buds in the jar. If this fails then I will add lemon peel pieces into each jar. This will enhance the lemon portion of the aroma and re introduce moisture to the buds. I wanted to harvest today but I want to catch them b4 the lights come on.I may harvest the tops and let the rest of the plant darken and fatten up while the purple kush plant finishes. Bout another week and its all done.Then the clones......I'll do another smoke report later. I intend to post pics b4 and after harvest. The last batch is gone so I have no idea of exact yield(it was around 2 1/2 oz I believe. Not quite 3). After a good cure (at least 2 weeks, this DCxSC is a very sweet, flavorful, and smooth smoke (when flushed properly) :peace:

I've heard many good things about Harborside in Oakland. Coffee Shop blue Sky's clones are some timey. Ur best bet is to arrive there like an hour b4 opening because they always sell out by the end of morning. Peace in Medicine in Sebastopol is nice all around although it is a ways a way from most major cities (at least 45 mins).
The pamphlet says 7-8 weeks. I'm in week 9. I'll be hitting tops and smaller pots today. Purple Kush (definitely pick some of this up) and lower buds will go another week or so.

Congrats on saving the crop from the dreaded PM. Sounds like you are going to have a great harvest. You have done such a great job and can not wait to see how it all turns out. Great job again + rep

Flower day 62 2nd part (of 3) of harvest

My last batch has finished drying and is now set to cure in 5 1qt mason jars. 3 jars full. two others are 1/3 full (different strains). I took this batch
2nd_portion_of_DCxSC_harvest_9-22.jpg
, removed large fan leaves, cut into sections (some with hooks), and hung to dry. In this summer heat it is imperative to check buds daily to make sure they don't dry too fast.
I harvested most of the remaining plants. I cut the tops and finished tips on most and left the remaining buds to finish. Here are some pics
Tops of 3 plants in one pot (triple potted) b4 harvesting tops.
Day_64_flower_triple_pot_before_cuting_tops_9-22_DCxSC.jpg

Purple Kush flower day 62
DCxSC_finished_day_64_9-22.jpg

Here the girl in 3 gal all coco that was having PH and nute issues throughout the grow
supercroped_finished_in_coco_9-22.jpg
Topped her and lower buds still finishing.
This girl finished in a party cup.
finished_in_red_party_cup_day_64.jpg
Originally I didn't have room to put a larger pot if I transplanted (yea it was that crowded) so I finished her in the cup just to see what would happen.
This plant's tops and tips were harvested, lower buds still remain.
flower_day_64_harvested_in_1_5_gal_pot.jpg

Here the lil girl in a 1/2 gal pot that I've grown fond of. She finished nicely
Finished_DCxSC_9-22_in_half_gal_pot_64_days_in_flower.jpg
lil_grl_finished_DCXSC_flower_day_64.jpg

Here's what remains to be harvested below the 600W.
remaining_plants_and_plant_portions_day_64_flower.jpg

I disconnected the 400W lamp and placed everything beneath the 600W.
Here's a look at the clones beneath the florescents
clones_9-22.jpg
Well, just about done. I gotta say I am thankful to those of u that encouraged me to let my grow continue despite the PM. The one that comes to mind is Munki, but I know there were more of u. Thank u. I have no regrets about how this was handled up to this point. What was harvested today has nice purple hues and darker color than all previous harvests in this journal. I think next time around I want to try to get fatter buds. More to come in a few. After last harvest is clean up, UUggghhhh!!! I'll keep u guys posted. :peace:

I didn't reveg anything. If u look back in the journal toward the beginning under the 400W were a couple trays of clones in cups. They all needed to be transplanted but there was just no way to fit in another pot any larger than what was in there all ready. I had to wait to harvest a pot in order to make room. This grow spun off of a perpetual harvest gone awry. I've harvested I think 3 or 4 times in this journal. Take a look for urself.
really happy for ya
way to pull pull through the obstacles, things can only get better

+reps for the end of a resilient grow
Thanks Phatblunt420. I appreciate the reps too.

Congrats on saving the crop from the dreaded PM. Sounds like you are going to have a great harvest. You have done such a great job and can not wait to see how it all turns out. Great job again + rep

SONZOR took the word rite outa my mouth..

GREAT JOB!!!:nicethread:

Flower Day 65

Ok here's the deal. I got PM on one of my clones. I think its safe to assume that they are all infected. I'm chopping them all. After this next harvest I may take a break. Like I said I've been working non stop for a year. I have raw data to compile, strains to find, books to find, the rest of my life to deal with so I may take a break after this one. Frankly, I'm tired. We'll c. My next post will either be to answer a question or to conclude this journal. After the last entry I will have this journal moved to the completed journals section. Well its definitely been a journey. Thanks again to those who participated and supported me. :peace:

Sorry about the clones, Its been great following you grow. Take a break and come back stronger and refreshed, good luck. Peace..

Back
Top Bottom