BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

Yes BWC BayArea this is sad news. But I sounds like you know what you need to do. Thank you for this Great Journal. Hope in time (you will) you can regroup with your awesome knowledge and futher studies to become a stronger force! You have worked very hard between your grow and ALL the help to other grower questions for sure! Best of luck in the up coming harvest. We all will be waiting, for the next BWC BayArea's grow after you collect you thoughts. All the best! C U around Buddy! :roorrip::peace:

Flower day 67

Ok so I manicured and set my last harvest to cure. Its a few days early so I figured it wouldn't hurt being that it has been a few days of intense heat to kinda dry things a little faster than intended. I set to cure while most stems still bend instead of snapping. I just burp the jars more frequently, since they will have more moisture. This increases curing time, but I don't mind. Nugs stay sticky and don't crumble to dust in the end. Never had a mold problem using this method. If there is anything I should be aware of or look out for please let me know. I watered the 6 pots with a gallon un PHed water collected from my AC. I noticed some mites that went undetected thus far on my PK that's finishing. After seein this I decided to kill the timers tonite and harvest tomorrow as the mites will hinder fine points of finishing at this point. I removed the leaves with the webbing and flushed them down the toilet. This just makes me feel that much more strongly about the purple kush's vulnerability. This shit really appears to be subject to attack from pests. I've had mites wipe out an entire crop (from an infected cutting) and I've had a thrip problem. They seemed to thrive on this plant. Sprayed and they were no longer a prob. The mold doesn't seem to get it too bad, that's the DCxSC.I am to blame in part for being lazy. On the ass end with the lower buds finishing I've been commin in from outside and goin in the grow room with the same clothes. I know better and this isn't a regular habit, I just know I gotta clean this room anyway so I was like fuck it. Now I realize that excercisng a little more patience may be a wise choice in the future. Even still I can't figure out how the smallest, most central plant in the room (surrounded by 5 other pots literally) is the only on affected. I cut all clones down. 2 showed PM spots so I said to hell with it. Its time to take a break and start fresh. PMs will be goin out this week to u guys (U should know who u are by now) for ideas on the next grow then I'll probably take a vote and we can figure out my next run. Got like 6 jars curing. 2 have been going a week. I just cut the buds from stems yesterday and re situated them in jars condensing 3 jars to 2. I'll take pics of the jars if u guys really wanna see. Nothing spectacular. I guess I can take pics of the week cured buds since I never posted a pic of a finished product. Ran thru it too quick. Anyhow that's all I can think of 4 now. HARVEST TOMORROW!!!! Finally.:cheer::ganjamon:

Sounds like you have this all figured out. I guess its all taking the time to put it into practice. Have enjoyed you grow and all the great info you takes so much time posting, much appreciated, I have learned so much. Great job and good luck on the cure. Enjoy your harvest your deserve it.

Thank u sonzor. Ur support and encouragement are always welcome brother. I learned a lot from u guys and ur journals as well. Guess I'll take the time to go over some fine points and review what I've learned thru this grow this week sometime (at least that's the plan). I wanna hurry up and complete this journal. I also disconnected the 600W from the timer so I will harvest tomorrow some time. Both drying boxes are now empty, although I'll only need one for the remaining plants. The PK with mites gets it's own line with a coating of Tanglefoot on each end.This confines the mites to the line where they will most likely fall and die, stick and die, or starve and die. As long as they die, that's what matters. Since this is my personal plant, I could care less about a few mites. They've been eating my cannabis. I better be able to get some kinda high smokin them. I still can't believe this is the only plant in there really affected. I gotta look one more time. That PK can catch a human cold, I swear it seems that way. NE ways thanks again Sonzor.

Thank u sonzor. Ur support and encouragement are always welcome brother. I learned a lot from u guys and ur journals as well. Guess I'll take the time to go over some fine points and review what I've learned thru this grow this week sometime (at least that's the plan). I wanna hurry up and complete this journal. I also disconnected the 600W from the timer so I will harvest tomorrow some time. Both drying boxes are now empty, although I'll only need one for the remaining plants. The PK with mites gets it's own line with a coating of Tanglefoot on each end.This confines the mites to the line where they will most likely fall and die, stick and die, or starve and die. As long as they die, that's what matters. Since this is my personal plant, I could care less about a few mites. They've been eating my cannabis. I better be able to get some kinda high smokin them. I still can't believe this is the only plant in there really affected. I gotta look one more time. That PK can catch a human cold, I swear it seems that way. NE ways thanks again Sonzor.

WoW!! BWC sorrry to here all about all the grief htat the PK has given you.Well at the least you get smoke and some well deserved downtime where you dont have to worry bout smoke till your next harvy. Your an optamistic person so i know that this in all that you got a new game plan in the works and learned from your experiences with this grow.DAMN, lol and i was going to go get some PK here soon. Well if i do for some reason you and SWAMPGAS will be the ones to p.m. And thanx for all the hardwork youput into this journal to help everyone's growing skills jump another notch. You dont know it or maybe you do that I'msure you helped out thousands of people just by posting this journal, and may jah bless your future.:goodjob::ganjamon:

hi mate gonna miss yea mate i guess you have earned a well deserved break althou i do wonder just how long before the old green fingers start to itch for another grow lol your curing method is sweating i believe its supposed to be a real good way off keeping your buds smelling fresh althou i did read when burping your jars the tops shud be left off for a couple of hours aday to allow the moisture to evaperate , i didn t use this method last time but do intend using it this time.......wot will you do with all your spare time ?......you have had some excellent grows and with you keeping great journals , many a new grower will benefit from them for sure.......will you still hang out here ? or do you intend a clean break ?........well mate gonna miss your grows ................ take it easy and as always...............be lucky weedtastic

Butcher, its still a great strain. U should just maintain a clean grow room, no animals or animal contaminated clothing should enter the area. If u have a sealed room or tent u should be good. I didn't really start having this problem until I used an "open" room to grow. In the tent it wasn't as big an issue, although they did pop up there too. A few here and there. In this grow it was just a dwarf plant on the last few days, no big deal. Especially since its just me smoking it, I know what's on it and don;t care. I did have a grow where I over packed the room (see I'm tellin on myself, this wasn't the 1st time) and by the time I realized what had happened I was literally infested. Those fuckers were crawling the walls. I had to bomb and scrub. That sucked.

Weedtastic, of course I'll still be around unless I can't access the internet while I'm away. This really feels like home. Y do u think I'm here so much? Dunno bout the next grow. I wanna get right into it. I got people to see. I've been closed off from the world for a year, like hermit status. I promised my folks I'd visit and I have a friend to visit. I also owe myself a vacation. I already know I'll find a way to work on vacation tho. I'm thinking Europe (Spain) or North Africa (Morocco) 1st. Dunno, might stay on the continent being I have some stateside destinations and that's already alot of flying. I hate flying having to be that damn close to people for that long. But to answer ur question I'll be around, at least that's the plan. I may enroll back in school and work on another degree. Maybe that's what a portion of donations will go towards (again).....tuition. Who knows man. Its just time for a break. Its been an eventful uneventful summer, lol.

I look at great threads like this and think,this is what it will look like in our space vehicles as we grow stuff while we are cruising the cosmos,unreal cool plants and equipment.Its fun to look and read what your doing.:thanks::goodjob::surf:

BWC BayArea will not venture far I think, He love helping other growers to to much! Watch, He will bleach that room and be back before you say Cannabis. JK ! Growing is now in his blood!

thanx for the info. I'll definetly keep you posted when i go get som.I will be going out your way in 3 weeks.I'll p.m you prior to heading out. Thanx for everything you've done and enjoy whatever it is that your heart desires. And if you head overseas all i'm saying is be sure to bring back yourself some "souvenirs". Perhaps from Holland just a suggestion..lol

Flower Day 68.....FINAL HARVEST

Ok, chopped everything and bagged the soil. This was just b4 harvest after leaving plant in the dark for 24 hours
Just_before_harvest_9-29.jpg
Now the room is almost ready to be cleaned. Here's a look
post_harvest.jpg
(obviously taken before soil was bagged).
The last little bit
final_harvest.jpg

Here are a few shots of the plants. I had a group shot but it got messed up by the camera.
Top Cola of a DCxSC in a one gal pot
DCxSC_finished_68_days_of_bloom_9-29.jpg

Purple Kush
Purp_kush_harvested_on_68th_day_of_bloom.jpg

DCxSC supercroped girl in a 1.5 gal
DCxSC_harvested_68_days_into_bloom_9-29.jpg

Powdery Mildew working its way up the plant. This is the bottom branch
mildewed_buds.jpg
Notice how it has a flat white color and grainier texture that the trichomes. I hadn't quite reached the top bud yet but it certainly was surrounded. Look at the spots on the back fan leaf.
I realized I never posted any pics of my cured or decent pics of finished produce. Figured the journal wouldn't be complete without it. Curing, 1 week in on the left. 1 day in on the right
left-1_week_cure_right_1_day_cure.JPG
Close ups
1_week_cure_close_up.jpg
close_up_cure_1.jpg

I'll be back later to finish the update. Tired. Tryna wrap this up. Thanks to everyone who lent an ear or advice. Dunno how this fiasco would have concluded without y'alls support and contributions.

Looks like you have yourself some great meds. despite all you issues, great job on the save and good luck on your next grow, great plants, great journal.. Good luck a peace.. And have fun with the clean up its got to be you favorite part (LOL) + rep...

BWC I had a start of the powdery mildew in the green house but caught it early enough to keep it under control with 1 sulfur burn in my old smoker for about 4 hrs. couldn't do that indoors of course. stinky for a week or 2. and buds were just formming and I don't smell it any more. Nice buds there after the troubles youv'e had. Hope where ever you end up going you have a great trip and if you do get close enough to a computer let us know how your doin. If you get to WA state PM me and we will medicate and trade grow stories. Have a smokin good time Bro........:goodjob::goodjob::roorrip:

Re: BWC BayArea's Partial Analysis and Thank u's

Butcher,so far I'm at around 7 jars but 2 are half full (different strains). More like 6 jars so far. Be down to like 4 next week when stem and bud will be separated and buds will cured for at least another week, which is just in time to manicure and "jar" up another jar or 2 after what was hung to dry today finishes. So far I've harvested between a QP and half P (closer to a half not including the stuff curing and drying. If I hit a P it'll be a close one. For 50 plants I'm not at all impressed with the yield. a heavier yielder. I was plannin on being set for a few months. Even tho its not my best work its won't last long. I still wanna work with this strain , but I want to grow However I find comfort in knowing I'm capable in completing grows despite unknown and unexpected variables in the hardest season 4 indoor growing. I am thankful for this. Hopefully I'll be dialed into at least the DCxSC strain (soil grown w/same nutes) within the next grow or 2. I anticipate improvement with each run. This grow all in all ran me roughly around $1000 over the last 4 months. AC being the second largest contributing factor for power consumption next to 1000+W off lighting (a 400W HPS, 600W HPS, 2 CFLs (for propagation, don't know the rating), and dual 4' shop florescent lamps (for clones). Which kinda kills the idea of a big coffers (for those dreamers out there). Overall I'm not complaining bout much else.
The Weed, thanks for ur encouraging words. weedtastic and sonzor u guys' posts helped me thru some of the more frustrating times with encouraging words and nice grows goin on at the same time. MoslowJJ and The Weed have been cosistantly sendin good vibes. Moslowjj, ur experiences u've shared are really inspiring. U really appear to have a zest for life, I admire that. Can't 4get the butcher and andy botwin. Andy, I like how u don't say much but when u do, u have the ability to provoke thought and raise good points. At times it felt like ur brain picked up where mine left off in thought process. 420fied and PitViper, thanks for gracing these pages with ur words and presence I'm honored. Sorry if I forgot anyone. Thanks to all who have voted or plan to vote for me in our contests, the silent and casual observers, and those who have rated and continue to rate our journals. I don't feel this was a five star affair but I'm flatered some1 did. When I think 5 stars I look at Pit, 420, Be Irie, Munki, Aberration, OBXgardener, and Moslowjj (just to name a few). I don't feel This run measured up to their impressive displays of "green thumbedness",lol. Last but not least thanks 420mag/staff for providing this type of community/vehicle for growers like us. :peace:

just so people are aware, PM has a couple of cures..................One of which is (i actualy did it due to lack of choice, fan was busted) raising the temp to 104+ degrees, i know what your thinking......cooking the plants, the magazine article i read(Urban Gardner) suggests putting Ice in around your growing medium as to reduce (i'm sure not completley) the chance of stressing the plants.....(hey thats too hot for me! but honestly after my fan went out and i had a day or two of super heat like that, i havent seen the plant herps since, i think it is plant herpes imo) another one that i'm not going to look up the exact info right now cuz i'm tired, was milk, aparently milk is one of the most effective ways of erradicateing Powdery mildew.......*again i'm too lazy curently to look up the article and tell you exact messurements but i'm sure its out there on google somewhere waiting for you* needless to say ive been battleing PM for almost a 2 years now and i think i finaly got rid of the shit...........nock on mothafuckin wood!!

Whew! A thorough cleaning and sterilization of your grow space is next. Not fun but neither was the PM. Good job hanging in there and finishing the grow.

Back
Top Bottom