Cannafan's Variety Grow - Blueberry Gum/Delicious CC/Hawaiian Skunk Haze/THC Bomb

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

Check this out gang, one of my home grown beans was a double yoker:

double_yoker.jpg

TWINS!

I really would love to see how they are connected down there in the roots, but I will leave it alone. LOL

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

If I was you I'd try binding them together as an experiment & grow them as one, but that's me & I'm weird like that :)

Remember I had one of those double yolkers a while back, Canna? I called the big one Grace, and the little one Blunder. Blunder died off eventually and Grace grew up a beauty. It will be fun to see what happens with yours :)

Remember I had one of those double yolkers a while back, Canna? I called the big one Grace, and the little one Blunder. Blunder died off eventually and Grace grew up a beauty. It will be fun to see what happens with yours :)

Yes, I remember....I just couldn't remember which grower had it happen. LOL

It will be interesting to see what happens with them. It would be too cool if one half were male and one female. I highly doubt that could happen though.
:rofl:

Nice!!! cute Twins~~:circle-of-love:

Check this out gang, one of my home grown beans was a double yoker:

double_yoker.jpg

TWINS!

I really would love to see how they are connected down there in the roots, but I will leave it alone. LOL

Joedaddy was the one with twins in which he carefully separated and potted them separate. Congrats.

Peejay too it seems. I didnt see his post and thought you were asking a question. I wonder what makes this happen and are these plants more vigorous and harvest more at the end.

Peejay too it seems. I didnt see his post and thought you were asking a question. I wonder what makes this happen and are these plants more vigorous and harvest more at the end.

Curious myself Joe. I'm gonna pop around and see if anyone has any results or maybe can give a reason that it happens. Just for the knowledge kicks.
:)

Let us know what you find. I will be around.

Not much on the subject on the net other than others having it happen. What I did find based on some actual pictures of the tap roots is that it occurs when two tap roots come out of the same seed. Coincidentally I found one that was a Master Kush seed, and this twin plant of mine is a cross of Master Kush x White Widow. There is a possibility that the plants could be one male and one female.
However the chances of letting them share the same pot of soil are risky because the first and strongest plant will starve the smaller, so the consensus is to separate them into their own pots.
I'm going to give it a few days and see how the smaller one does and then decide whether to divide them.

Yes but the seed in addition to having 2 taproots would have to have 2 pairs of cotyldeons so I wonder how this can happen. Was it a rather larger seed then normal if you remember it?

It was a fairly large seed compared to others. I didn't take special notice of it, but the one that hasn't popped yet from the same batch is rather tiny so my comparison comes from that. That's all I can really point out on that. LOL

It's an anomaly and rare, so finding the cause is going to take someone with a lot higher knowledge of the process. Let me know if you come across anything on that too.

will do

Well, now you all know that my curiosity wasn't going to just let this go. I HAD to know what the roots and bases of this double trunk plant looked like. So I dug it up. I used a fork to carefully dig around the plants and lifted the whole thing out. Not sure if you can see it, but the seed shell is right next to the top where the roots start:

double_trunk2.jpg

I very carefully dipped it into ph'd water letting all of the soil work off and was able to see the entire system. The plants were connected, but very thinly. Kind of stuck more than grown together. You can see a definite separation between the two:

double_trunk3.jpg

So I carefully pulled them apart. In my opinion the smaller plant was not going to make it because the root system of the larger one was already choking the one tiny root that it had going for it. I had to spend some very careful time unraveling the roots.

double_trunk4.jpg

So I planted them in two separate cups and we will see if it survives. Big Bit and Lil' Bit:

double_trunk5.jpg

Mystery solved. How often would I ever have had a chance to see what's up beneath the surface on a twin plant? Couldn't resist. LOL

:goodjob: Partner... Curiosity saved the cat.

:goodjob: Partner... Curiosity saved the cat.

Let's hope. I'm going to pull away a little bit of topsoil from the stem of lil' bit, I may have buried a little deep. I don't want to give it another problem to deal with when it's already weak. LOL

Amazing :love: Very good instinct to dig them up, probably Lil' Bit wouldn't have survived much longer. :circle-of-love:

Oh forgot to say I am subbed! Got overly excited :biglaugh:

Thanks DaTenshi, and :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom