Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

It was the same with me in my basement....14 years of "stuff" piled down there....it took me several YEARS to remove, give away, and sell off, but now I have a great space that is my grow suite and I love it....killed 2 birds with one stone and I feel much more organized....

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

It was the same with me in my basement....14 years of "stuff" piled down there....it took me several YEARS to remove, give away, and sell off, but now I have a great space that is my grow suite and I love it....killed 2 birds with one stone and I feel much more organized....

Thanks for the encouragement Sis!

Silly me....it's going to the dump right? So......the darn thing doesn't have to be in one piece. I'm taking a box cutter and scissors to the heavy azzed king size mattress!
I won't have to call anyone for help. :)

Will have some pics up today at some point, it's going to be a busy one and I'll be very ready for a good vape this evening after the work out on those basement stairs. LOL

Now this is the kind of repurpose/recycle project that I love!

I have an aversion to dumping things into our landfills and dumps, and avoid it if at all possible.
As I was carrying a bale of insulation downstairs for the room (the original is over 20 years old and has taken a toll by chipmunks and mice etc.) I got to thinking about that mattress and foam lining for it. Why not cut it up smaller and use it to reinforce the existing old insulation in the ceiling walls?

I did that. There is going to be enough of this material to reinforce the whole room, 12 x 16', and the next room with it.

repurpose_1.jpg

repurpose_2.jpg

If anyone knows of a reason this might be a bad idea, please let me know. I can easily yank it back out of there and use the rolled insulation.

Now for the spring system of the mattress. Some people use these to drag behind tractors to grade their gravel driveways or their gardens. Going to call a couple people and see if they want it. :)

ive been away a about a year. It good to see a familar name... Gonna catch up now

Bing Bang Boom....I've got a permanent grow room!

I even made use of the steel bed frame. I took the bars apart and put them over the steel beams of the ceiling and they will be used to hang my lights. I can move them as needed.

The drop ceiling panels had to come out, they were warped from humidity and very crumbly old.

AND...the inner springs...it came to mind that if this were stood upright it would make a great place to hang little stuff like a pegboard kind of thing. So it's going in the basement work room against a wall. Might not look pretty...but who the heck cares. It's MY space. LOL

I'm tickled pink that I was able to use every bit of that bed. I had a homemade headboard that will be used for shelving in the grow room too.

:yahoo:

One plant is now in the new room. The wide WW x MK was transferred down without losing a single leaf or branch. :phew:

I did a panoramic sort of pic series here to see the whole room:

grow_room_94.jpg

The stuff against the wall behind the plant is drywall sheets. I learned a long time ago not to try to move a full sheet of drywall by myself. Broken drywall is useless. LOL It will stay there until I need it for something.

I'll be hanging more Mylar around as I find useful.

This girl was on her own timer and light, the rest of the girls are on one timer and electrical unit so I will wait until I've rested to try to tackle all of that. I worked about 5 lbs. off, which I can't afford to do. :laughtwo:

It was 61 degrees in the room before I hung the light, it will be interesting to see how much heat the light adds to the room in a few hours. I might not need the heater in there.....I hope. Either way I predict I can hold in the 70+ range with it being so sealed up tight from drafts.

grow_room_102.jpg

This is it, the FINAL room. There will not be another grow room made! There is no reason for this not to work without worry of weather and cold. :thumb:

Btw, did I mention the garage is leaking at the rolling doors? We had heavy rains the last 24 hours, and water had been seeping into the garage grow room at the door. My rain gutters are apparently having issues. This move is necessary. LOL

You kick a$$ sista!!!!!!!!

Alrighty! All of the girls have packed their plantercases and moved to the new room.

Here's some pics of how it is laid out, not a whole lot different from the garage. I lost track of who was under what light, so they might have gotten mixed up. oops.....

plants_54.jpg

plants_62.jpg

plants_44.jpg

plants_34.jpg

plants_23.jpg

I think the canopy is looking really level, I did a goodly job of LST and super cropping apparently :)

plants_14.jpg

There is a lot of space left in there, I could get two rows of plants going easily someday.

Toward the end of the transporting I kept hearing a pounding sound somewhere. It was driving me batty wondering who was hammering near or in my house. With that last plant I realized what I was hearing was my heart thumping in my chest. I decided it was time to call it a day. :laughtwo:

The temperature rose to 66 degrees by the time I was done, yeah baby!
I think I will set the timer for the heater to only run during the lights out time for the girls to keep the heat going. They will fine during lights on with the heat from the lamps. Save on that electric bill big time!

Thanks Brother dear! You kick A$$ too.... with that RSO knowledge and helpful things you do for the new folks looking for answers. :cheer:

High Dennise :circle-of-love:, my energy level of late can only be contributed to my return to the oil regimen. Now I have to find a middle ground between that and my actual physical abilities. :loopy:

I am soooooo happy to see you growing in a basement room. The stable temperatures can't be beat.

How close is your water supply ?

Thank you Radogast! I am breathing much easier on this now. :)

I use rainwater, or let snow melt in buckets. If I need some right away, the main water line is a couple rooms away and I can get it before it gets to the water softener. That's how I watered during my first grow.

The rest of the basement rooms are mostly cement walls and are far too large to try to heat comfortably and not drive my electric bill and propane out of control. Although, the former Kitchen and small living room area can be adapted with some work. The water damage is what I would have to deal with mostly, ripping up flooring and replacing the drop ceiling tiles etc.

Good Morning everyone! Enjoying my first cuppa and about to head down to check on the plants and the overnight temps. We had a warm night with rain.
Hope everyone is doing well.

:circle-of-love:

I have an odd question......

If I were to place an LED lamp sideways for side lighting plants, how does that affect the way the light travels or is it affected at all? Will it "fall off" at a different specific distance that I can measure and plan for to be sure the mixed spectrum is hitting the plant at optimum?

I hope that makes sense.....

The THC Bomb plant is just too tall for that room, I am either going to have to super crop that top or figure out some side lighting somehow.
The main buds are on the top and I am so scared I'll kill it if I super crop it....not much experience with that yet. I could string it up for support easily once I did that.
I'm going to take another clone or two off the lower areas today. One of the clones I took a few weeks ago is looking a bit ill. I want to be sure I have a healthy one to carry on.

:bump:
HI Tamir and welcome back. :welcome: Let us know when you start a new grow journal!

Princess DIY at it again! Looking darn good Partner.

Thanks Partner!

I did some moving in with the grow supplies and hanging some things. I'm out of time now, but there isn't a whole lot left to go in there.
The soil and amendments etc. will stay in the garage. It is now 68 in the room and the low last night was at 66 degrees. It will take a few days for the walls and furniture in the room to retain some heat, so I expect that temp to rise some and maintain steadiness.

grow_supplies.jpg

Not sure whether to post this or not....but I will. Shawnee might appreciate this the way I do. I had to put up my Women of Strength and Empowerment wall.
I found these at a garage sale years ago and they were so Frank Frazetta-ish (A favorite of mine) in style that I had to have them:

strength.jpg

I titled each one as follows:

I Have STRENGTH, for I know my weaknesses

I am FEARLESS, for I have learned Illusion from Reality

I have BEAUTY, because I can see my flaws

I am WISE, for I have learned from my mistakes

I can COMFORT, because I have known sorrow

I can LOVE, because I have known hate

Got to get ready for the real job now. Everyone have an awesome day!

Very nice Sista, I only have one saying.

"Been there, done that & young enough to do it again" The last part is getting harder to follow. :high-five:

Just from following you on your journal I can see you in those posters with those sayings. :Namaste:

:love: & :hug: To Mom.

I've got just enough time to post some bud pics.

The large plant has already had to be strung up on one branch. I predict I'm going to have a marionette theater like PeeJay before this is through. :laughtwo:

10-25_11.jpg

Here's some buds....buds. :)

10-25_21.jpg

10-25_31.jpg

10-25_41.jpg

10-25_51.jpg

10-25_83.jpg

10-25_71.jpg

10-25_61.jpg

"This is getting to be a full time job......and I already have one of those." :laughtwo:

I can sooo identify with this. :laughtwo:

You are the most amazing woman. And I can't get myself to sort through Dale's stuff. You are seriously making me look bad here. :rofl:

I can't give you any more reps, 'cause you were already so breathtaking that I gave them to you earlier. Big surprise. How proud am I that you found a use for every bit of that bed? I actually yelled "YES!" Right out loud when I read you threw the springs up into the ceiling to hang lights, because I was getting ready to suggest that, only I was days late. :straightface: I really need to improve on my visiting skills. You move too fast for me to not stop here every single day.

Your new room is lovely and how delightful that it's going to maintain some sort of decent temp. range without bankrupting you. Your wall of strength popped up in the galley right next to one of my own today, so I'd already admired them. May they inspire the girls to greatness.

I don't know if you watched me butcher my Cheese Candy? She was lanky, Dale was dying and I was frustrated, so one day I simply reached out and snapped the main in half and let it lay there, broken, but still attached. That plant grew the densest, biggest colas at the ground level I've ever seen. Don't worry about the Bomb. I suspect it's going to reward you with extra trichs.

I'm all caught up now. I swear, I'm not going to let you get away from me again woman. Slow down already! Yeah, I hear the irony. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom