Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Good spot and good job in cutting it out early. Towards the end it seems normal in mine for a bud will die off or start to die off, with rot from insect/stem/rain damage. It's a bugger, but thankfully it's usually just a solo/minor thing. And thankfully too, your plant is looking really great with lots of nice buds and just a little further to go. :yummy:

Well, here we are again...Monday means it's time for an update!

I think this will probably be the final update on the 139 day old Blue Gelato 41...
She's been in her SIP for 126 of those days...she was flipped 85 days ago, started flowering 13 days later, so she's actually been flowering for 72 days/10 weeks.

A look through the little door:
1.jpg

SaugaView:®
2.jpg

From the right side:
3.jpg

From the left side:

4a.jpg

This bud w/ the yellow leaves also caught my eye, but this one isn't rot, just yellow.
6.jpg

One of the taller ones...
5.jpg

Leaning on one of the fans...on the right is the one that lost it's head yesterday..
7.jpg

She still isn't showing as much amber as I'd like to see, but with bud rot being a definite possibility, I'm probably going to take her down tomorrow or the next day
8.jpg

This is as full as the box has ever been...
9.jpg

And finally, a crappy shot thru the big door..I cleaned up her undercarriage a little bit- not perfect, but close enough..🤏
10a.jpg

And there you have it!

Thanks for looking,
I appreciate your support!💚

I'll post up some harvest pics when I take her down in a few days...
Have a great week, and I hope your gardens are
doing what you want them to do..:peace:

On to the quotes:
Good ol' eagle eyes
Ha! Thanks, Shed- The color change made it pretty easy-
I'd of definitely missed it if it weren't for that... 🙂
Another crisis averted! What kind of rh do you see?
Thanks, Stone- I try and keep the rh below 60%, but that's not easy when it's pouring rain outside..
I have a tiny bit of control over the rh- by adjusting fan speeds, I can raise or lower the rh about 3 points- but lately, since it's been raining it's been in the mid to high 60's most of the time- I can stick my hand in through the small door and I can actually feel the humidity when it's that high...😬
Yes sir good thing u noticed that rot !
Thank You, Third Uncle!
Yeah, when the box was inside the house, I didn't have to worry about rh, but out in the garage it changes with the weather, and the weather's been wet for the last 2 weeks or so...I thought I might see some rot from it, and sure enough...
Good spot and good job in cutting it out early.
Thank You, Stunger!
I haven't lost any to rot for a few years, so I guess I was just due..
75% of that bud is still there, so I didn't lose very much at all...
not yet, anyway..

next stop: trim jail...:)✂️

Well, here we are again...Monday means it's time for an update!

I think this will probably be the final update on the 139 day old Blue Gelato 41...
She's been in her SIP for 126 of those days...she was flipped 85 days ago, started flowering 13 days later, so she's actually been flowering for 72 days/10 weeks.

A look through the little door:
1.jpg

SaugaView:®
2.jpg

From the right side:
3.jpg

From the left side:

4a.jpg

This bud w/ the yellow leaves also caught my eye, but this one isn't rot, just yellow.
6.jpg

One of the taller ones...
5.jpg

Leaning on one of the fans...on the right is the one that lost it's head yesterday..
7.jpg

She still isn't showing as much amber as I'd like to see, but with bud rot being a definite possibility, I'm probably going to take her down tomorrow or the next day
8.jpg

This is as full as the box has ever been...
9.jpg

And finally, a crappy shot thru the big door..I cleaned up her undercarriage a little bit- not perfect, but close enough..🤏
10a.jpg

And there you have it!

Thanks for looking,
I appreciate your support!💚

I'll post up some harvest pics when I take her down in a few days...
Have a great week, and I hope your gardens are
doing what you want them to do..:peace:

On to the quotes:

Ha! Thanks, Shed- The color change made it pretty easy-
I'd of definitely missed it if it weren't for that... 🙂

Thanks, Stone- I try and keep the rh below 60%, but that's not easy when it's pouring rain outside..
I have a tiny bit of control over the rh- by adjusting fan speeds, I can raise or lower the rh about 3 points- but lately, since it's been raining it's been in the mid to high 60's most of the time- I can stick my hand in through the small door and I can actually feel the humidity when it's that high...😬

Thank You, Third Uncle!
Yeah, when the box was inside the house, I didn't have to worry about rh, but out in the garage it changes with the weather, and the weather's been wet for the last 2 weeks or so...I thought I might see some rot from it, and sure enough...

Thank You, Stunger!
I haven't lost any to rot for a few years, so I guess I was just due..
75% of that bud is still there, so I didn't lose very much at all...
not yet, anyway..

next stop: trim jail...:)✂️
TIMBER!!! that is a beautiful plant probably going to taste as good as it looks congrates

Damn SIPS! 😡
I know- nothin' but problems!....this one is about to give me too much weed. 😬

(not really- there's no such thing- but it's going to be quite a bit..:).)
very nice grow and good luck with the harvest
Thank You so much ,Keith!
This one did work out pretty well-
about all that's left is 4 or 5 hours in trim jail...:straightface:
TIMBER!!! that is a beautiful plant
Thanks, con!
Just a day or 2 to go...
She was a fun one to grow-
it's hard to beat @Barney's Farm genetics..👍

I do like that viewing gallery window and the view thru it
Thanks Stunger!
It's funny- when I first built the box, that little door wasn't there, because that whole area opened up- then the NextLight happened, so that part of the box didn't open anymore..so I cut a little door/window there "just in case" I ever grew a plant tall enough to need it...and here we are... :)

Thanks Stunger!
It's funny- when I first built the box, that little door wasn't there, because that whole area opened up- then the NextLight happened, so that part of the box didn't open anymore..so I cut a little door/window there "just in case" I ever grew a plant tall enough to need it...and here we are... :)
So are those doors/covers a bit over sized, or how do you make the seam light-tight?

Your box is the best I have seen.
Thank You, Keith!
I think this one might be the prototype...:)
how do you make the seam light-tight?
Good question, Azi-

The big door had to have an overlapping edge added, but not until the box had been used for a couple of years and stuff loosened up a little...

I also had to add a brace to the big door, because it wants to warp from being opened all the time..

The little door seals itself when you close it- cardboard's good for that..

The intake and exhaust ports are baffled so no light gets through, as are the 2 passive intakes..
Any other small light leaks were fixed with good ol' ductape...😁

Good move using the Maxwell Smart-like device to catch the nasty stuff!

And congrats on yet another stellar, CarcassGrow®.

These days there seem to be few doubts about what's going to happen if you get a seed to strike. The only recurring question now is "Will it fit in the box?" 🙂

Congrats on your upcoming harvest. I’m excited to see if this is your biggest yield yet. 🤩
Thank You, HH- I think she may be a new record- she's got more branches than anything I've grown in there before...and every branch has a bud on the end of it, so there ya go!

Good move using the Maxwell Smart-like device to catch the nasty stuff!
Thanks, GDB!- any other time, I'd of just rotated the plant to have a look at the bud, but this one
doesn't rotate anymore...well, she actually does still rotate, but it's a major pain in the ass to do it with her leaning on the walls...
Those are some seriously impressive Christmas tree-sized buds on top!
Those things are heavy, too...and the stems are nice n weak from leaning on the walls, so she's going to flop "a little" when I pull her out of there...🤏
This has got to be the new high for harvest weight outta that ugly of a box.
FIFY!🤪 I didn't think I'd ever top that GSC:love: (10.2oz) but I think this one's gonna do it...
Thanks Carcass I look forward to them. :thumb: 🍋
And here ya go, Keith- sorry they're a little late, I had a bunch of errands to get done first...

We'll start with the basic box:
An $18.00 24x24x48 Wardrobe box..
I used that metal bar to hang the lights on before I got the Nextlight.

1A Box.jpg

The first thing I did was cover the walls with reflective material (x4 Dollar Store windshield screens)

I initially used dollar store fans, but they only last 6 months running 24/7- so I upgraded to Infinity S3 3 speed usb fans- I use 6 of them- 2 circulators, 2 exhausts, 1 intake, 1 spare- I put it where I need it.
They're good for like 100,000 hours so they're worth the 12 bucks each..

Exhausts:
The one on the left is the main exhaust, the other one is mainly used in hot weather to keep things as cool as possible..
2 exhausts.jpg

Here's my hi-tech temperature control mounted on the back of the box😁 :
Closed for max heat retention- there's a small hole in the flap, so it never shuts all the air off..
closed.jpg

Open for max cooling...this, combined with the variable fan speeds, does a pretty good job of controlling temps in there....
open.jpg

The passive intakes also have restrictors on them to also help with temp control:
open
Box 5.JPG

restricted airflow
Box 6.JPG

The lid will open all the way if I move all my crap off of it..😬
box 4.JPG

The 2 circulators
I should of raised these for this plant...but that didn't happen...:)
circ.jpg

Behind the SIP is the intake fan- this fan is only used in hot or humid weather, the passive intakes work fine in "normal" weather-
Intake fan.JPG

And then there's this- smoke alarm, just in case things go south...
Box 10.JPG

So there's a few pics, @KeithLemon - I sorta got stuck on the temp/fan stuff today, so If you have questions about other stuff, don't be afraid to ask👍

Thank You, HH- I think she may be a new record- she's got more branches than anything I've grown in there before...and every branch has a bud on the end of it, so there ya go!

Thanks, GDB!- any other time, I'd of just rotated the plant to have a look at the bud, but this one
doesn't rotate anymore...well, she actually does still rotate, but it's a major pain in the ass to do it with her leaning on the walls...

Those things are heavy, too...and the stems are nice n weak from leaning on the walls, so she's going to flop "a little" when I pull her out of there...🤏

FIFY!🤪 I didn't think I'd ever top that GSC:love: (10.2oz) but I think this one's gonna do it...

And here ya go, Keith- sorry they're a little late, I had a bunch of errands to get done first...

1A Box.jpg

The first thing I did was cover the walls with reflective material (x4 Dollar Store windshield screens)

I initially used dollar store fans, but they only last 6 months running 24/7- so I upgraded to Infinity S3 3 speed usb fans- I use 6 of them- 2 circulators, 2 exhausts, 1 intake, 1 spare- I put it where I need it.

Exhausts:
The one on the left is the main exhaust, the other one is mainly used in hot weather to keep things as cool as possible..
2 exhausts.jpg

Closed for max heat retention- there's a small hole in the flap, so it never shuts all the air off..
closed.jpg

Open for max cooling...this, combined with the variable fan speeds, does a pretty good job of controlling temps in there....
open.jpg

The passive intakes also have restrictors on them to also help with temp control:
open
Box 5.JPG

restricted airflow
Box 6.JPG

box 4.JPG

The 2 circulators
circ.jpg

Behind the SIP is the intake fan- this fan is only used in hot or humid weather, the passive intakes work fine in "normal" weather-
Intake fan.JPG

Box 10.JPG

So there's a few pics, @KeithLemon - I sorta got stuck on the temp/fan stuff today, so If you have questions about other stuff, don't be afraid to ask👍
thats pretty damn ingenious engeneering, how to reinvent the box nice

1A Box.jpg

Exhausts:
2 exhausts.jpg

closed.jpg

open.jpg

open
Box 5.JPG

restricted airflow
Box 6.JPG

box 4.JPG

The 2 circulators
circ.jpg

Intake fan.JPG

Box 10.JPG

Thank you, Carcass that is, a cool set up. I appreciate your time. :thumb: 🍋

Back
Top Bottom