Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Great pictorial, thanks Carcass! And that's one of the safest uses for 8-0-0 calmag that's 15% Ca. :)
Thanks, Shed!
That's my second jar of that stuff- The plants seem to like it..is 15% a lot?

but I think you learn lessons better than a lot of folks here. ;)
Thanks, Shed! "the hard way" is the best way to learn.. 😁
thats pretty damn ingenious engeneering, how to reinvent the box nice
Thank You, con! I knew I couldn't go too wrong for 18 bucks..
Thank you, Carcass that is, a cool set up. I appreciate your time.
No problem, Keith- I appreciate your interest!
Any other questions, feel free to ask👍

Good morning C Buds!

Looks like you’re nearly up for a new grow! Good catch on the budrot. I’ve recently cut a few heads coz I had the same worry.

Growing is defs not for the faint hearted!

Good morning C Buds!

Looks like you’re nearly up for a new grow! Good catch on the budrot. I’ve recently cut a few heads coz I had the same worry.

Growing is defs not for the faint hearted!
Aint that the truth Trala you gotta take the bad with the good. 🍋

Looks like you’re nearly up for a new grow!
Getting real close- just have to get this one outa the way first...today is tentatively scheduled to be her last day...but I'm not positive about that yet... 🤔

you gotta take the bad with the good. 🍋
They can't all be gems...

Thank You, HH- I think she may be a new record- she's got more branches than anything I've grown in there before...and every branch has a bud on the end of it, so there ya go!

Thanks, GDB!- any other time, I'd of just rotated the plant to have a look at the bud, but this one
doesn't rotate anymore...well, she actually does still rotate, but it's a major pain in the ass to do it with her leaning on the walls...

Those things are heavy, too...and the stems are nice n weak from leaning on the walls, so she's going to flop "a little" when I pull her out of there...🤏

FIFY!🤪 I didn't think I'd ever top that GSC:love: (10.2oz) but I think this one's gonna do it...

And here ya go, Keith- sorry they're a little late, I had a bunch of errands to get done first...

We'll start with the basic box:
An $18.00 24x24x48 Wardrobe box..
I used that metal bar to hang the lights on before I got the Nextlight.

1A Box.jpg

The first thing I did was cover the walls with reflective material (x4 Dollar Store windshield screens)

I initially used dollar store fans, but they only last 6 months running 24/7- so I upgraded to Infinity S3 3 speed usb fans- I use 6 of them- 2 circulators, 2 exhausts, 1 intake, 1 spare- I put it where I need it.
They're good for like 100,000 hours so they're worth the 12 bucks each..

Exhausts:
The one on the left is the main exhaust, the other one is mainly used in hot weather to keep things as cool as possible..
2 exhausts.jpg

Here's my hi-tech temperature control mounted on the back of the box😁 :
Closed for max heat retention- there's a small hole in the flap, so it never shuts all the air off..
closed.jpg

Open for max cooling...this, combined with the variable fan speeds, does a pretty good job of controlling temps in there....
open.jpg

The passive intakes also have restrictors on them to also help with temp control:
open
Box 5.JPG

restricted airflow
Box 6.JPG

The lid will open all the way if I move all my crap off of it..😬
box 4.JPG

The 2 circulators
I should of raised these for this plant...but that didn't happen...:)
circ.jpg

Behind the SIP is the intake fan- this fan is only used in hot or humid weather, the passive intakes work fine in "normal" weather-
Intake fan.JPG

And then there's this- smoke alarm, just in case things go south...
Box 10.JPG

So there's a few pics, @KeithLemon - I sorta got stuck on the temp/fan stuff today, so If you have questions about other stuff, don't be afraid to ask👍
So this is way cooler than the PC grow box I built back in the day lol. Have you ever been tempted to go to a tent? The box is super successful but how do you clean and sanitize it being that it's cardboard? Do you just get another box if this one goes bad? Sorry for the questions just a couple things I wondered about.

Also congrats on the upcoming harvest, can't wait to get a smoke report on those beautiful buds.

The box is super successful but how do you clean and sanitize it being that it's cardboard? Do you just get another box if this one goes bad?
Thanks, G-1-3!
As far as cleaning's concerned, When the grow is done, I just vacuum the floor and blow the dust out of the fans, and that's about it...I did consider a tent, but this thing worked so well that I figured I'd just stick with it.....I've been using it for almost 5 years, so , unless it gets wet, I'll probably be using it for another 5 years...Home Depot still sells them if I should end up needing a new one someday- it'd only take about an hour to switch things over to the new one.
The only thing I'd change would be to make the door quite a bit bigger... :)

Also congrats on the upcoming harvest,
Thank You! You may have guessed by now that it's not happening today....The granddaughter has pinkeye, so she's here today and I need to spend time with her, so the BG41 will have to wait one more day...I was just getting started when her mom called this morning...:straightface:
Thanks Joe!
On the bright side, she'll be a tiny bit bigger tomorrow... 🤏😁

I did get a couple parting shots this morning before Nova's Mom
called and ruined my day changed my plans..

No words, just the pics:

last day 3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

a leaner.jpg

BG41 Day 141.jpg

9.jpg

...the next time you see her, she'll be out of the box...
I'm as curious as you are about how she's going to look when the walls aren't holding her up...:hmmmm:..

Kinda bummed me that I couldn't get this done today, but there's always tomorrow...hope to see you then...👍

..this pic isn't supposed to be here, but it won't go away, so it's just there I guess... 🤔
last day 2.jpg

hope to see pictures of her out of her box.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how much she flops (or doesn't flop) once she's out of there..
I hope Nova gets better and back to school soon. :)
She will- the eye drops she has usually get rid of it overnight...
not quite in school yet, Valentines Day was her 4th b-day-but daycare won't let her in with pinkeye...common thing among little kids, I guess :hmmmm:
I do not know much about pink eye, but I hope it is not that bad
No, it's not serious- more of an irritation than anything...it sure doesn't slow Nova down at all...👧

Have a great day with your granddaughter Carcass!
Thanks, Stunger!
I'll do that! She's a lot of fun, even with pinkeye!

I think you're taking her too soon. The fall-colored leaves I predicted have yet to appear! :confused:

Have fun with Nova!

I think you're taking her too soon. The fall-colored leaves I predicted have yet to appear!
There's a few of them in there, you just need to look close!
I think 1 day short of 11 weeks flowering should be long enough..
It is a bit odd that she's drinking as much as ever, but that's not going to save her...:)

Have fun with Nova!
Always! :love:

Back
Top Bottom