Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Jandre, I am glad that you got your pH meter problem solved. I am currently working on a helpful hints document and pH is the first topic. I get many growers requesting help and that is FIRST thing I ask most of the time. pH meters go haywire all the time which leads to fucked up grows. Typically, I know what the pH should be when I add certain nutrients and if it is off, I immediately calibrate my meter. I also always have a handful of them hand so I can double check. Personally, I now rely on a HM-digital PH-200 which has an accuracy of +/- 0.02 which is very good. I have found that if needs to be calibrated ofter. The electrode storage solution I use has a pH of 4.0 and if I take if out, turn it on, put it back in and the pH is off by +/- .1 or more, I calibrate with calibration solutions 4.0 and 7.0. If I suspect a certain nutrient, I will adjust the pH more in that direction to see if that helps. For phosphorus, I will typicallyup it to about 6.0-6.1. The reason I replied back to you as P deficiency being "odd" is that there is more than enough P in my 3 part using the recommend feed schedule. Phosphorus is usually required at a range of 30 to 50 ppm and using "Crazy Growth" will supply about 75 ppm of P which is more than enough to prevent P deficiency. Mycorrhizae is also VERY efficient at increasing the P uptake in most alll species of plants. The only problem with adding mycorrhizae is that using a sterility product like the DM Zone will kill off that fungus.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you buddy. I called you and left a message but you never got back to me! :)

Yeah, been a little dodgy on the phone connectivity.... VOIP is haywire, sorry about the call. I didn't even get the message until tonight, and I had to call TWICE jsut to get it to tell me that there really was a message. I usually get an e-mail telling me that there is, but I got nothing until I actually picked up the message from within voicemail, then I got the e-mail, as I was saving it. Psh... technology has not been on my side these past few days.

I'm a bit hesitant to use mycorrhizae in a hydro system, as I've had biotics do very bad things and cause wild pH fluctuations, clogging, sludge, and all sorts of bad in the system. I've been scouring the interwebs (lol) to find anyone using it in either a top drip, or ebb & flow system, but it seems that loads of people have gone sterile in their solution. Also when adding sugar for the little fungus to eat, it seems to draw a myriad of other unwanted bacteria. Is there a way you know of to keep the baddies out while cultivating the beneficial? I can't seem to find a good way to keep the balance.

Yeah, meters seem to be the culprit in just about everything gone bad in hydro. At the hydro shop yesterday, they actually suggested I keep a backup of DROPS just in case things go awry again, I can use chemicals to spot check for meter madness. The stuff they had only had a resolution of 1pH though ad since mine was only off be -.3 I didn't think that that large of resolution would have really helped me narrow things down.

awesome =)
i just found it interesting that its focus is as a plant food but it repels red spider mites, thats a pretty good buy from where im sat.
just thought i would bring it to your attention. i know it can be a pain staking proccess to even add one new line to your product base, but i have every confidence your business will grow and you can replace yourself on many jobs at some point with underlings...the ultimate goal of course is to replace yourself with a manager when big enough, freeing up your time to focus soley on market research and product innovation.. its sucks being a one man army sometimes ;)

Yeah, been a little dodgy on the phone connectivity.... VOIP is haywire, sorry about the call. I didn't even get the message until tonight, and I had to call TWICE jsut to get it to tell me that there really was a message. I usually get an e-mail telling me that there is, but I got nothing until I actually picked up the message from within voicemail, then I got the e-mail, as I was saving it. Psh... technology has not been on my side these past few days.

I'm a bit hesitant to use mycorrhizae in a hydro system, as I've had biotics do very bad things and cause wild pH fluctuations, clogging, sludge, and all sorts of bad in the system. I've been scouring the interwebs (lol) to find anyone using it in either a top drip, or ebb & flow system, but it seems that loads of people have gone sterile in their solution. Also when adding sugar for the little fungus to eat, it seems to draw a myriad of other unwanted bacteria. Is there a way you know of to keep the baddies out while cultivating the beneficial? I can't seem to find a good way to keep the balance.

Yeah, meters seem to be the culprit in just about everything gone bad in hydro. At the hydro shop yesterday, they actually suggested I keep a backup of DROPS just in case things go awry again, I can use chemicals to spot check for meter madness. The stuff they had only had a resolution of 1pH though ad since mine was only off be -.3 I didn't think that that large of resolution would have really helped me narrow things down.

What did the phone company cut your string and turn off service?
(watches Jandre just looking at a can with a string hanging from it)

someone get this man a couple new cans!

and also since they sprouted should I leave the tops covering the rooter holes covered or open to get light?

If I understand you right, that some have come up and some haven't. Slide the cover so a bit of air comes in. Then wait for the others to come up. If you see roots coming out of the cube's bottom. Then plant those, put the cover back on and wait for the others to sprout. :thumb:

If I understand you right, that some have come up and some haven't. Slide the cover so a bit of air comes in. Then wait for the other to come up. If you see roots coming out of the cube's bottom. Then plant those, put the cover back on and wait for the others to sprout. :thumb:

:thanks:

hey JD i been thinking, how bout you slackers step it up a notch....haha just kidding.

but seriously, you and some of the guys you get on well with here at 420 are some of the finest growers around. you have between you some of the finest gene stocks that can be had, skills to mass produce and the good vibes to make it work.

bugger places like privada reserva or however its spelled why dont you get your heads together to start a multi state collective -franchise thing, you could all swap strains to reduce costs e.t.c

i honestly reckon you could have a business running called 'the purple palace' or some such and build up to outlets in every state that allows such a business to exist. im not talking about being all karmic and bunny hugging either, you guys live in the worlds center for capitalism, if you all got your shit together i honestly believe you could destroy any competition.

are there any reasons this is not possible, or bizarely, you wouldnt want to?
what kind of licencing requirements are there and the $ attached to starting such a company?

i think its definatly worth some consideration...and i want to be kept in the loop if you do want to do such a thing...because if you guys dont i will come over there and start it myself =D

the problem with that gig is its against federal law to posess MJ in any form.
different states have made it leagal but not the federal goverment so unless they (the states) were conected together LEO would just wait for a transport across the boarder of a non freindly state :)

hey JD i been thinking, how bout you slackers step it up a notch....haha just kidding.

but seriously, you and some of the guys you get on well with here at 420 are some of the finest growers around. you have between you some of the finest gene stocks that can be had, skills to mass produce and the good vibes to make it work.

bugger places like privada reserva or however its spelled why dont you get your heads together to start a multi state collective -franchise thing, you could all swap strains to reduce costs e.t.c

i honestly reckon you could have a business running called 'the purple palace' or some such and build up to outlets in every state that allows such a business to exist. im not talking about being all karmic and bunny hugging either, you guys live in the worlds center for capitalism, if you all got your shit together i honestly believe you could destroy any competition.

are there any reasons this is not possible, or bizarely, you wouldnt want to?
what kind of licencing requirements are there and the $ attached to starting such a company?

i think its definatly worth some consideration...and i want to be kept in the loop if you do want to do such a thing...because if you guys dont i will come over there and start it myself =D

Well.... as yet, in this state, all "businesses" that are dispensaries, co-ops, collectives, and the like MUST be Non-profit. In other words, not commercial. I really can't see a milti-state thing happening when all profits are supposed to be reinvested into the local community.

Back
Top Bottom