Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow

Highya SO,

Seedlings are looking good! Your environment must not be too far off. It's not that cold yet, though. 'll have a fix!

Love that stuffing recipe ITS. Thanks for that! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too! Happy Smokin'

Coming right along Stone! Happy Thanksgiving to you, your friends and your family.
Stay stoneder.
Thanks Fred! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Highya SO,

Seedlings are looking good! Your environment must not be too far off. It's not that cold yet, though. 'll have a fix!

Love that stuffing recipe ITS. Thanks for that! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too! Happy Smokin'
There's always a fix! Thanks Bode! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Julie too!

Happy Thanksgiving Stone. :ciao:
Hope you have a great day. :high-five:
Take care.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD UPDATE

Good day all! The little Cherrie's DubeLee's are making roots! I'm watering a little on top and some with a syringe down low in the root zone. They are Thankful to not be on the menu tomorrow!
The enviro is ok, not perfect. Working on it.
And all the BOOTY from the member of the month you all got for me!
I love all this! Especially the new @GeoPot velcro gro bags, the @GeoFlora Nutrients , the @Sierra Natural Science 209, the @ cannabis irrigation supply, the @FoodsAlive hemp seeds, the @ecoworks neem oil, and my favorite @420 paraphernalia! Thank You! It's nice to be thought of!
Happy Thanksgiving, looking good Otter! Going surgical with the syringe, impressive!

Well I just got caught up and it looks like I'm not too late either!
Right in time to catch the little babies popping!
I bring gifts of sweet potato pie 😂 (been cooking them all day)
Happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, looking good Otter! Going surgical with the syringe, impressive!
My man @Bill284 gave that nugget up so I gave it a try. Always looking to improve seedling watering. My One of my weak points is seedlings.
Well I just got caught up and it looks like I'm not too late either!
Right in time to catch the little babies popping!
I bring gifts of sweet potato pie 😂 (been cooking them all day)
Happy thanksgiving!
Hey bootz! Sweet potato pie! I hear angels sing with every bite!
Happy Thanksgiving Stone!
Thanks Mel! Hope it was a good one for you too!

EIGHT DAYS A WEEK UPDATE

Happy black Friday folks! Not for me. I'm just having a relaxing day touching up on keeping the recliner from floating off 😉.
These ladies are 8 days and are getting into a wet/dry cycle. They're so young it's only one day but tomorrow it'll be two, then three etc. Before we know it they'll be showing sex and into the SIP and making pollen! The tent has been keeping at around 70F and 65% rh for a .87 vpd. Here they are.

Highya SO,

Cute little seedlings. A little early to comment much, but they do look happy!

Have you grown cannabis in SIP pots before? What are the advantages of using one? I don't get what the "fuss is all about", lol. I trust you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Cute little seedlings. A little early to comment much, but they do look happy!

Have you grown cannabis in SIP pots before? What are the advantages of using one? I don't get what the "fuss is all about", lol. I trust you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did. Happy Smokin'
They are little cuties! But yes a little slow on the eyes. They're on the move anyway!

I haven't grown in them yet. For me there's a few reasons.
I'll have an increase in the amount of soil each plant has to eat from if I go with the earth box I have. That's just a bonus not a SIP thing. I only got one to try.
Another reason folks are saying is that the plants get to choose how much and when they want to drink water. I see that making sense. Watering these indoors can be tricky getting it just right.
And when a plant gets established, it grows as fast or almost as fast as if it were grown in hydro. That's pretty interesting for soil. So they drink from the bottom and eat from the soil I'm assuming, for the most part. If I had grown fem seeds they may have taken off already or come close to revving up to hydro speed. Me though, had to pick regular seeds that need sexing before I put one in a SIP. I think I covered what I understand of it. @Azimuth is a pro at it. Azi did I miss any attributes?
Oh, when they get going, no more lengthy top watering. That cuts the time I spend at the tent watering. It takes me an hour to water them when they're mature and in flower. That's about it. Happy plants Happy farmer.

I just ate a turkey wing meat, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, and cranberry sauce on mayoed sandwich bread cold! Do I ever love this tasty holiday! I'm glad you two had a good one too!!

I haven't grown in them yet. For me there's a few reasons.
I'll have an increase in the amount of soil each plant has to eat from if I go with the earth box I have. That's just a bonus not a SIP thing. I only got one to try.
Another reason folks are saying is that the plants get to choose how much and when they want to drink water. I see that making sense. Watering these indoors can be tricky getting it just right.
And when a plant gets established, it grows as fast or almost as fast as if it were grown in hydro. That's pretty interesting for soil. So they drink from the bottom and eat from the soil I'm assuming, for the most part. If I had grown fem seeds they may have taken off already or come close to revving up to hydro speed. Me though, had to pick regular seeds that need sexing before I put one in a SIP. I think I covered what I understand of it. @Azimuth is a pro at it. Azi did I miss any attributes?
Oh, when they get going, no more lengthy top watering. That cuts the time I spend at the tent watering. It takes me an hour to water them when they're mature and in flower. That's about it. Happy plants Happy farmer.
Hey Stone/Bode, those are some pretty good reasons, though, no?

I'll give Bode my standard invitation to come check out #SIP Club if he has any interest in a deeper dive, but I think you hit some of the biggest advantages. Plants grow bigger with less effort simply because of the way the pots are constructed. There is a built in air gap between the water reservoir and the soil which provides a constant air source to the the bottom inner roots. And, because of the reservoir, the plant has constant access to water and nutrients so there is no pause in growth like you'd get from the wet/dry cycle.

The roots are essentially entirely the very fine feeder roots since the plant doesn't have to go searching for water. And, as Stone said, watering times are essentially non-existant. The total time you'll spend watering is however long it takes you to pour a gallon or so of water down a 1" tube.

Growing with them has some quirks, like I find it generally takes 2-3 weeks for the plant to convert its roots over to the roots it will use from the water seeking ones most of us start with, and if not done well can lead to droopy plants for a bit, but really no harm done.

I think I've also seen a dramatic reduction in the time for the flip to flower but I need more reps to be sure. I'm growing a new to me CBG strain that showed pistils on day 3 after flip when normally it takes me more like 7-10 days. Could totally have been the strain though. Emilya mentioned she thought she noticed some speed up in the plants she grows in SIPs as well. That is something we'll all have to pay closer attention to on subsequent rounds.

So, basically coco or hydro type results, but done in soil, and works with all kinds of media and nutrients. Like Stone, I grow using organic methods, but plenty of growers use bottled nutes, so it's a very flexible platform. And I think it is the ideal platform to use for growing auto's for most growers as improper watering is the most common cause of stunting those types of plants.

They are great for new growers because they take the learning curve away for proper watering, but benefit experienced growers as well. They're not for everyone I suppose, but I have yet to hear of anyone who's tried them that regretted the decision. I'll likely never not grow in them again and am converting most of my houseplants over to them as well.

I just ate a turkey wing meat, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, and cranberry sauce on mayoed sandwich bread cold!
I am trying to picture this sandwich Stone!

If you make another one, please post a pic of it. :laughtwo:

Hey Stone/Bode, those are some pretty good reasons, though, no?

I'll give Bode my standard invitation to come check out #SIP Club if he has any interest in a deeper dive, but I think you hit some of the biggest advantages. Plants grow bigger with less effort simply because of the way the pots are constructed. There is a built in air gap between the water reservoir and the soil which provides a constant air source to the the bottom inner roots. And, because of the reservoir, the plant has constant access to water and nutrients so there is no pause in growth like you'd get from the wet/dry cycle.

The roots are essentially entirely the very fine feeder roots since the plant doesn't have to go searching for water. And, as Stone said, watering times are essentially non-existant. The total time you'll spend watering is however long it takes you to pour a gallon or so of water down a 1" tube.

Growing with them has some quirks, like I find it generally takes 2-3 weeks for the plant to convert its roots over to the roots it will use from the water seeking ones most of us start with, and if not done well can lead to droopy plants for a bit, but really no harm done.

I think I've also seen a dramatic reduction in the time for the flip to flower but I need more reps to be sure. I'm growing a new to me CBG strain that showed pistils on day 3 after flip when normally it takes me more like 7-10 days. Could totally have been the strain though. Emilya mentioned she thought she noticed some speed up in the plants she grows in SIPs as well. That is something we'll all have to pay closer attention to on subsequent rounds.

So, basically coco or hydro type results, but done in soil, and works with all kinds of media and nutrients. Like Stone, I grow using organic methods, but plenty of growers use bottled nutes, so it's a very flexible platform. And I think it is the ideal platform to use for growing auto's for most growers as improper watering is the most common cause of stunting those types of plants.

They are great for new growers because they take the learning curve away for proper watering, but benefit experienced growers as well. They're not for everyone I suppose, but I have yet to hear of anyone who's tried them that regretted the decision. I'll likely never not grow in them again and am converting most of my houseplants over to them as well.
Thanks Azi, another pretty important point though not related to the grow is time. It'll likely take a week or more off veg time and save those $$.
I am trying to picture this sandwich Stone!

If you make another one, please post a pic of it. :laughtwo:
Oh there's going to be more of those! I forgot the toasted pecans on that one. I can do better!
Ive definitely eaten my share of leftovers today....twice! 🤣👍
They're part of the after party! We send fixin's home with almost everyone to do the same!

Thanks Azi, another pretty important point though not related to the grow is time. It'll likely take a week or more off veg time and save those $$.
Ummm, probably not. With the SIPs I find there is a 2-3 week transition period at the beginning for the roots to morph over to the ones they'll need during which time the plant appears to be not doing much, at least in above the ground terms. That time needs to be factored in as well if you're on any kind of schedule like a perpetual harvest like I do.

But once you're thru that period growth will explode. In my cabinet I plan on 2 weeks of initial transition plus 4 full weeks of veg and then flip. In @Buds Buddy 's tent grows he vegges longer for bigger plants.

So I wouldn't count on time savings in veg unfortunately.

I popped in to the SIPs Club and looks very interesting form the results i seen skimming through .
Same I was looking for info on possibly building my own smaller 3Gal Sips I love a good DIY

Back
Top Bottom