Chromes Gone Hempy: "Kushberry" + Bagseed/Bagseed Clone: CFLs!

The pics are missing....did you smoke them Chrome?:)
LOL....I dont know if im too lae but good luck on the Pee Test.
Im just like you...I always find a way to pass em.
A little trick that has always worked for me....
2 Days before your test go on a diet of Light Beer (makes you pee) and water. Then the morn of the test drink a gallon of water (its a lot) and pee twice before you leave.
Its never failed me.

I actually did a pic update. LOL....must be that time of the year.

Hey every one!

So Yeah I passed the test, knew I would. I start next Wednesday!

As for the ladies they are looking good, the only still looks a bit off.. Not sure what her deal is. I might get some pics up tonight, but I dunno. Might just wait till next week when I move them into their buckets. We'll see.

They ar getting big though that is for sure. the "kush berry" is out of control. Though like i said before, it looking very male like.. which makes me sad...

Ok so while checking on the ladies and giving them their nightly misting and shot of water I snapped off a quick pic. My battery died right after this.

all_4_one.JPG

As you can see the "kush berry" is f'ing out of control(the big one in upper left). That one problem lady is still, looking sickly. No clue what her deal is at this point. The clone is jumping to life. The top growth is going crazy. I think I might trim all the lower growth off and bury it when I transplant to control height. The other bag seed is looking great!

I cant help but thinking the KB is a dude. course its way to early to tell but the fast growth and spareness just makes me think :wood:

Oh this got me laughing. I pulled my old HP out of storage since I finally got the power cord for it. I for got what the model was till i saw it. Got a chuckle from it..
haha3.JPG

well that is all for now, stay tuned!;)

So yeah...

Just wondering if any one might have some thought about whats going on with sicko here. any body, any body at all.....

I've got some ideas, but first I need some info:

1.)what's in the cups and how are they constructed?
2.)How often are you watering
3.)What type of light are they under
4.)what are your temps, especially the high temps
5.)Whatcha feedin' 'em?

I had a couple sick plants in solo cups and there were root issues from high temps. The little cups take on room temperature at the root level really easily, and if your temps are up to 85 or so, you could have some rot. You can fix that, but first a little more info.

So yeah...

Just wondering if any one might have some thought about whats going on with sicko here. any body, any body at all.....

Bud rot? Buds give alot of places for rot to start. (might wanna cut those brown buds off they may be tapping the plants strength now, all you need is the healthy top now)

Are you putting any H2O2 in your water when you water?

While misting seems like you are helping the plant...I have actually had better success not spraying and just trying to create an environment that doesn't get exhausted but by passive ports and then have a cooling/re-circ fan blowing down on my babies, I control the heat by cracking my flap, more for hot times, less for warm and I turn the fan off when I put brand new babies in and let the humidity and heat rise, they thrive better at the minimal risk of my larger plant getting unhappy, usually only need two days of that to get them established enough to grow crazy. Warm with humidity is like ideal environment for babies. And the water evaporating from the perlite and from the transpiration should keep your humidity in a passively cooled box high enough that spraying is unnecessary and potentially harmful.

And even babies need air time for their roots...top of that perlite needs to remain dry for the lower surfaces to get dry, that is why you single spot water, you let the perlite wick the water up, you don't water the perlite.

Oxygen is required in the top portion of the root zone at least, fundamental formation of carbohydrates from the glucose made by chlorophyll requires an oxygen reaction (fuel cell...:smokin:)

So I suggest dropping the misting and see if you can get your humidity stable at something like 65%, spot water your hempy (I have a pretty fine spout watering can, works really good.).

Those are just my thoughts bro...good luck. (P.S. You have a product with 1-NAA and B-1? Might help her fight harder).

:peace: brother and wishing your babies perfect health!!!

I've got some ideas, but first I need some info:

1.)what's in the cups and how are they constructed?
2.)How often are you watering
3.)What type of light are they under
4.)what are your temps, especially the high temps
5.)Whatcha feedin' 'em?

I had a couple sick plants in solo cups and there were root issues from high temps. The little cups take on room temperature at the root level really easily, and if your temps are up to 85 or so, you could have some rot. You can fix that, but first a little more info.

1: Perlite and plants..
2: once in the morning and once in the evening
3:6500k CFL's
4: dunno
5:Technaflora recipe fo success at 1/2 strength.

I don't Think it gets above 85 degrees in there. If i had to guess it stays in the 70 to 75 range. all the other plants are happy as can be.

Bud rot? Buds give alot of places for rot to start. (might wanna cut those brown buds off they may be tapping the plants strength now, all you need is the healthy top now)

While misting seems like you are helping the plant...I have actually had better success not spraying and just trying to create an environment that doesn't get exhausted but by passive ports and then have a cooling/re-circ fan blowing down on my babies, I control the heat by cracking my flap, more for hot times, less for warm and I turn the fan off when I put brand new babies in and let the humidity and heat rise, they thrive better at the minimal risk of my larger plant getting unhappy, usually only need two days of that to get them established enough to grow crazy. Warm with humidity is like ideal environment for babies. And the water evaporating from the perlite and from the transpiration should keep your humidity in a passively cooled box high enough that spraying is unnecessary and potentially harmful.

And even babies need air time for their roots...top of that perlite needs to remain dry for the lower surfaces to get dry, that is why you single spot water, you let the perlite wick the water up, you don't water the perlite.

Oxygen is required in the top portion of the root zone at least, fundamental formation of carbohydrates from the glucose made by chlorophyll requires an oxygen reaction (fuel cell...:smokin:)

So I suggest dropping the misting and see if you can get your humidity stable at something like 65%, spot water your hempy (I have a pretty fine spout watering can, works really good.).

Those are just my thoughts bro...good luck. (P.S. You have a product with 1-NAA and B-1? Might help her fight harder).

Yeah If your taking about the awkward looking clone, yeah it was the bud rot that knocked out her early growth. I am going to trim what but sites are left before i transplant. other than that she's doing great.

I am not using any H202. My spray is made with tap water to help control the algae, and it is helping. what you see there is mostly dead. It still looks green though. I just dont understand why this one plant is yellowing and acting as if she is feeding off her self when she had plenty of nutes.. I will stop the misting and see if that helps, generally speaking when ever I open the door it feels warm and humid in the closet, I need to get an actual gage though and track it. you think maybe she's just getting too much water? I can see how that would lead to the wilting but the yellow and dropping of leaves?

Excellent advice, bro.
I think it was this journal where I asked, "Why are you spraying them?"

I didn't want to be a bad-luck-schleprock at the time, but spraying/spritzing the plants on a regular basis can cause problems...like algae and rot.

Your advice is spot on.....but I'd like to hear a little more. It might be time for a peroxide dunk and a transplant into fresh perlite.

Been there, done that.

can you expand on peroxide dunk?

also, so basically your saying its most likely that her roots are rotting which in turn prevents her from taking in the nutes she needs. right?

1: Perlite and plants..
2: once in the morning and once in the evening
3:6500k CFL's
4: dunno
5:Technaflora recipe fo success at 1/2 strength.

I don't Think it gets above 85 degrees in there. If i had to guess it stays in the 70 to 75 range. all the other plants are happy as can be.

Yeah If your taking about the awkward looking clone, yeah it was the bud rot that knocked out her early growth. I am going to trim what but sites are left before i transplant. other than that she's doing great.

I am not using any H202. My spray is made with tap water to help control the algae, and it is helping. what you see there is mostly dead. It still looks green though. I just dont understand why this one plant is yellowing and acting as if she is feeding off her self when she had plenty of nutes.. I will stop the misting and see if that helps, generally speaking when ever I open the door it feels warm and humid in the closet, I need to get an actual gage though and track it. you think maybe she's just getting too much water? I can see how that would lead to the wilting but the yellow and dropping of leaves?

Guessing at temps....you know better than that bro!
Where is the drain hole on that cup? Watering twice a day is way too much water....I'd bet that you probably have root rot.

The twisted leaves also look like a bit of nute burn.

So, here's the doc's advice:

1.)transplant into a larger pot, with fresh perlite
2.)make sure the perlite in the new pot is well saturated with pH'd water and very mild 300ppm nutes, along with 10 drops of Superthrive per gallon of nutrient water.
3.)Prior to putting the plant into its new home, make a H2O2 bath of about 2 cups of drugstore H2O2 per gallon of water. Pop out the root ball and bath it in the peroxide for 1-2 minutes, working it back and forth. Hopefully, you see a bunch of fizzing and bubbling....the death of the nasty's.
4.)Have a bucket of RO water standing nearby and dip the root ball in that for a few seconds, then transplant into the larger container.

Hopefully, the roots from the cup will be extensive enough to be at or near the bottom in the new pot, so that you only have to water every few days at first. If not, just water around the root zone until they hit bottom. Try to water as little as possible and keep the nutes VERY low! (1/2 strength is to high for right now, imo)

Once the roots hit the bottom, just water in one place so the top of the perlite remains dry. Try to water with enough flow so that your water intake is faster than the hole can drain so the bucket "pisses" for a few seconds after a good watering. The water table lowering will draw air in from above, which the roots crave.

A few key points:

1.)sick plants don't need more.....they need less. Don't over feed. You need to heal the roots and lower the osmotic pressure in the plant so that it can drink water. Sick plants have decreased metabolism, so they don't use up nute. If they get overfed, they can't drink water....the osmotic pressure is too great and they actually get rid of water......dry up and die.

So, in essence, it's easy to starve your plants to death by feeding them to much. It happens all the time. That's why I don't use expensive, crappy nutes that burn plants! (I've never used technaflora and people I respect think it's great.....I'm talking about other stuff)

2.)Dont' assume your temps are anything....check the temps with a reliable thermometer. Keep 'em below 74 right now, until the plant improves.

Guessing at temps....you know better than that bro!
Where is the drain hole on that cup? Watering twice a day is way too much water....I'd bet that you probably have root rot.

The twisted leaves also look like a bit of nute burn.

So, here's the doc's advice:

1.)transplant into a larger pot, with fresh perlite
2.)make sure the perlite in the new pot is well saturated with pH'd water and very mild 300ppm nutes, along with 10 drops of Superthrive per gallon of nutrient water.
3.)Prior to putting the plant into its new home, make a H2O2 bath of about 2 cups of drugstore H2O2 per gallon of water. Pop out the root ball and bath it in the peroxide for 1-2 minutes, working it back and forth. Hopefully, you see a bunch of fizzing and bubbling....the death of the nasty's.
4.)Have a bucket of RO water standing nearby and dip the root ball in that for a few seconds, then transplant into the larger container.

Hopefully, the roots from the cup will be extensive enough to be at or near the bottom in the new pot, so that you only have to water every few days at first. If not, just water around the root zone until they hit bottom. Try to water as little as possible and keep the nutes VERY low! (1/2 strength is to high for right now, imo)

Once the roots hit the bottom, just water in one place so the top of the perlite remains dry. Try to water with enough flow so that your water intake is faster than the hole can drain so the bucket "pisses" for a few seconds after a good watering. The water table lowering will draw air in from above, which the roots crave.

A few key points:

1.)sick plants don't need more.....they need less. Don't over feed. You need to heal the roots and lower the osmotic pressure in the plant so that it can drink water. Sick plants have decreased metabolism, so they don't use up nute. If they get overfed, they can't drink water....the osmotic pressure is too great and they actually get rid of water......dry up and die.

So, in essence, it's easy to starve your plants to death by feeding them to much. It happens all the time. That's why I don't use expensive, crappy nutes that burn plants! (I've never used technaflora and people I respect think it's great.....I'm talking about other stuff)

2.)Dont' assume your temps are anything....check the temps with a reliable thermometer. Keep 'em below 74 right now, until the plant improves.

excellent. I will follow this to the T.

You are right I do know better than guessing, unfortunately I have had a tight budget, but that will all be changing with the new job. So i will splurge on a nice temp/RH gage.

The hole is about 1/2 an inch from the bottom of the cups. When i water the cup Fills and then drains. It all doesn't just rush out.

Thank you so much for the info, I had most of it down in my head but its best to wait for those who know. Unfortunately in the next hour I am leaving for another state till monday.. :| so the ladies will have to wait. why does this stuff always come up at the worst times?

again thank you so much!

excellent. I will follow this to the T.

You are right I do know better than guessing, unfortunately I have had a tight budget, but that will all be changing with the new job. So i will splurge on a nice temp/RH gage.

The hole is about 1/2 an inch from the bottom of the cups. When i water the cup Fills and then drains. It all doesn't just rush out.

Thank you so much for the info, I had most of it down in my head but its best to wait for those who know. Unfortunately in the next hour I am leaving for another state till monday.. :| so the ladies will have to wait. why does this stuff always come up at the worst times?

again thank you so much!

I know exactly how you feel! I've never made the same mistake twice, and each time I grow some disaster occurs at the wrong time.....it's so damn frustrating! On the other hand, it's a great learning experience.

Give 'em a peroxide dunk while still in the cups....mix it up weak and submerge the cups a couple inches.

Hey doc, some great posts there...all great info...Chrome, you should listen to this man...he is smart and has much more experience with hempy than I, I still have alot of those fights yet to fight...:smokin: And thanks to Doc, I may never have to fight them, I like grows with pics and especially really smart ones, you can really learn from their triumphs and there mistakes!

I almost feel like I am cheating now!!! TRF (time release fert) and perlite...follow a few basic rules and buds on the easy and cheap and great ones at that...:) Thanks Doc +rep to you.

:peace:

Hey doc, some great posts there...all great info...Chrome, you should listen to this man...he is smart and has much more experience with hempy than I, I still have alot of those fights yet to fight...:smokin: And thanks to Doc, I may never have to fight them, I like grows with pics and especially really smart ones, you can really learn from their triumphs and there mistakes!

I almost feel like I am cheating now!!! TRF (time release fert) and perlite...follow a few basic rules and buds on the easy and cheap and great ones at that...:) Thanks Doc +rep to you.

:peace:

Thanks bro!
RE:cheating.....that's exactly how it should feel. I've been growing really nice vegetables for a long time. Never had lockout, root rot, fert burn....never pH'd water....just put seeds in dirt, watered, and picked the ripe stuff.

Our favorite plant is actually EASIER to grow than veggies, but somehow, through a combination of stealth growing (understandable) and stoner-marketing, we've been hoodwinked and led astray. Kushie-Kush, Bud Candy, Bud Factor X, B52, Shooting Powder, Roots Accelerator, Bloombastic, Cha-Ching, Beastie Blooms, Open Sesame......give me a break!

Plants have simple needs, and almost every plant, including our favorites, have exactly the same needs as nearly every other plant out there.

Here's how easy it is to grow very good quality weed:

70-80 degrees
40-60% Rh
Medium (FFOF will get the job done no prob, as will perlite)
Water
plant food that includes minors and micros
Light.
Patience

Set up the grow room to do that, use Osmocote, Dynamite, Harrels or any other "cheaters" CRF, and you're in the money. It's stoner proof.

But mixing potions, sprays, reservoirs.....that's difficult, especially after a few pulls on the old Roor....But I can water when stoned real easy.

Mr.ItsChrome..

Just stopping by to Rate your Journal.. I think your doing just fine my Friend.. Rated a 5 !! !!
Now Im sure that Im not the best Grower around,, but to me,, anyone that can Grow good Bud with what they have,, is doing the best they can.. ..

Feel free to swing by or come check out my Journal anytime Sir !! !!

Much Respect to you and yours.. ..

:)

Hey, ole friend,
I just saw a post at the Deep Water Culture Home saying to come over and give you a shout of praise and some pesticide spray for a Troll. LOL, I see he is gone now. Aren't the Mods here great?
Congrats on the new job and passing the test. I knew a new good day was in your future!
and this is definitely a 5 star thread, for sure.

Peace and Love, Grow-Bro,

Back
Top Bottom