Coco & Hibrix In 2018!

Hope everythings going good and all is well! You got any final numbers yet!?

All is well finally again just got things kickstarted back up in the grow.

Only got about 2 3/4 pounds out of this run due to mites... throwing another 1000w DE up in the mix to add some more light as well

A bunch of seedlings going, Black Triangle(Triangle Kush X 88g13HP), Hells Angels OG X Sunshine Daydream both from bodhi and in front. The ones in solos got burnt to piss because I’m a dumbass but bouncing back and have about 3 tops at the node right above the cotyldon. In the back we have some of those seedling and some Cherry Ghost OG X’s from Roundtable selections and some Forum cut GSC X Dj Short’s f4 blueberry from Second Generation Genetics

At the bottom we have an empty flower room waiting to be filled, just mixed up some 3rd run HiBrix soil that will cook and sit until these seedlings need bigger shoes!

DC28F525-3F45-4DB6-BE69-57EB2684089E.jpeg
2BC6AD4B-3049-4EFD-A8C7-8EA2BBCEA264.jpeg
E556CF2A-6F64-411B-BE36-FF46CEDE8F62.jpeg
EEACBC67-F3D5-4EA8-95A1-9A4976F07361.jpeg

Looks like u are getting ready to ramp things up brother!! :popcorn:

Oh ya the room was silent for about 2 1/2 weeks after I bug bombed it

Now we ready for some more pheno hunting!

Did you clear all the plants out so you can eradicate any and all pests? God I hate pests!

I had a couple 'scares' earlier this season. Found some mites on a few plants in the veg area and I did some full Neem dunking to try. I created a little foam pad with a slit cut in it what I can slide around the stem of the plant and flip it upside down and dunk the whole plant in the bucket for full treatment. I would leave them soaking in there with just the pot above the water for 2-5 minutes. Bring it up and let it set away from direct light for at least 24-48 hours. Probably best to have fans blowing on them to try and dry any residual Neem off.

I dunked 2-3 times over a 2 week period and haven't seen any more bugs. I had issues with some leaf burn but they all outgrew that funk eventually. I don't think I would have had nearly the leaf burn if I would have kept it away from direct light for a while.

Will definitely try this technique again....seemed much more effective than spraying. I was thinking of coming up with a way to use a couple 2x4 to suspend the plant on upside down in the neem bath so I don't have to sit there and hold it. I figure it will get each leaf a hell of a lot better than spraying.

Oh ya the room was silent for about 2 1/2 weeks after I bug bombed it

Now we ready for some more pheno hunting!

I hope you got everything because I would hate to see them come back! Still thankful I haven't had to deal with the whole bug issue yet. I had springtails for two grows but those were my best two grows so I think they actually helped. Mites and aphids haven't entered the grow area yet though so still praying I never have to deal with this.

What'd you use to bug bomb? Have you ever took an interest in beneficial insects and the like? I'm giving them a try as we speak!

That dunking method of Vans would work nicely too, as long as your not dunking a 15-20 gal! That'd be tough

Oh no....all smaller pots. Biggest I have done is a 5 gallon and that was tough unless I got a bigger bucket (20 gallon trash can maybe?). They were mostly in 1s or 2s. The flower tent rarely gets much attention as I try to limit any interaction in there to just watering or checking trichomes. Less chance for me to inadvertently tracking anything up there.

Veg tent is a different matter. Its downstairs near the living room. I have to get up and down often throughout the day to keep the back and hips loose so I am over there tinkings 5-10 times a day. Lots of chances for pests there. But I can deal with plants in 1 or 2s and even 5s aren't bad if they aren't too big. I will generally change clothes and rinse off before going into the flower room. The plants are too big and its a royal pain in the ass to move anything so I make sure any plant going in there is clear (knocks on wood). Speaking of that....I gotta check my African Meltdown for pests as I am moving her to flower next week.

Did you clear all the plants out so you can eradicate any and all pests? God I hate pests!

I had a couple 'scares' earlier this season. Found some mites on a few plants in the veg area and I did some full Neem dunking to try. I created a little foam pad with a slit cut in it what I can slide around the stem of the plant and flip it upside down and dunk the whole plant in the bucket for full treatment. I would leave them soaking in there with just the pot above the water for 2-5 minutes. Bring it up and let it set away from direct light for at least 24-48 hours. Probably best to have fans blowing on them to try and dry any residual Neem off.

I dunked 2-3 times over a 2 week period and haven't seen any more bugs. I had issues with some leaf burn but they all outgrew that funk eventually. I don't think I would have had nearly the leaf burn if I would have kept it away from direct light for a while.

Will definitely try this technique again....seemed much more effective than spraying. I was thinking of coming up with a way to use a couple 2x4 to suspend the plant on upside down in the neem bath so I don't have to sit there and hold it. I figure it will get each leaf a hell of a lot better than spraying.
I had started tiny seedlings in a different space and then that was when the room was bombed so there was no plants in there
What'd you use to bug bomb? Have you ever took an interest in beneficial insects and the like? I'm giving them a try as we speak!

That dunking method of Vans would work nicely too, as long as your not dunking a 15-20 gal! That'd be tough
I used a Beethoven bomb. It’s a complete miticide/insecticide
I hope you got everything because I would hate to see them come back! Still thankful I haven't had to deal with the whole bug issue yet. I had springtails for two grows but those were my best two grows so I think they actually helped. Mites and aphids haven't entered the grow area yet though so still praying I never have to deal with this.

Do you have IPM going at all in your program? I will never go a week without spraying some sort of IPM treatment every week

Do you have IPM going at all in your program? I will never go a week without spraying some sort of IPM treatment every week

The only thing I do is put one piece of yellow sticky paper in the middle of my tent. I just flip a small bucket upside down and stick it on there. It sits about the height of the top of the coco and I change it once a grow. I've used some twice because they had so little gnats on them. That's enough to keep any outbreaks at bay for me.

Oh no....all smaller pots. Biggest I have done is a 5 gallon and that was tough unless I got a bigger bucket (20 gallon trash can maybe?). They were mostly in 1s or 2s. The flower tent rarely gets much attention as I try to limit any interaction in there to just watering or checking trichomes. Less chance for me to inadvertently tracking anything up there.

Veg tent is a different matter. Its downstairs near the living room. I have to get up and down often throughout the day to keep the back and hips loose so I am over there tinkings 5-10 times a day. Lots of chances for pests there. But I can deal with plants in 1 or 2s and even 5s aren't bad if they aren't too big. I will generally change clothes and rinse off before going into the flower room. The plants are too big and its a royal pain in the ass to move anything so I make sure any plant going in there is clear (knocks on wood). Speaking of that....I gotta check my African Meltdown for pests as I am moving her to flower next week.
No doubt! I should try and start vegging in smaller pots :hmmmm: there's a few upsides for sure!

Wow.....you seem to be down with the funk this go around CK. I am sure they will grow out of it. Some swear that the mutants can become killer plants. :popcorn:
Hahahha ohhh ya I agree but they wouldn’t be mutants if I didn’t fuck them up so could be some special stuff still but it’s nothing like a mutant from seed that mutated on its own from Genetics and not human interference lol

They'll grow out of it for sure--don't mind me, I'm just here in the corner :passitleft:

Oh ya they bouncing back with amazing growth and multiple tops!

And I’m the same way, always in the corner lurking
:passitleft:

^^^ Those are healthy plants!

Thanks Doc, this was 8 hours after brix and they’re just absolutely loving life as you can tell!

Back
Top Bottom