Colombian Gold In Hydro By Gwhunran

Awesome grow. Always wanted to grow out some ace beans. These are beautiful.
These came from a World of Seed, Colombian Gold mother.:) I wish ACE had some of the old Colombian.:) I haven't seen it there. :hmmmm: I remember seeing it offered before by some breeder and they had it going around 120 days flowering.:) I used to think it was ACE,:hmmmm: but now I'm not so sure.:rolleyes: My memory.:rolleyes:

Started a new page so gotta have a picture.

CG Day 68 flower (5).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 68 flower. Overhead posted this morning. :bong:

Colombian Gold
Day 69 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :)

No issues from day of cold rain outside.:) The room is running cool, Low 70sF/23C at the moment and won't hit 80F/27C in the grow area today.:hmmmm:

The flowers continue to fatten and may be starting to swell, :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley: but still have a lot of white pistils.:rolleyes:

CG Day 69 flower (1).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 69 flower.

CG Day 69 flower (2).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (3).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (4).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (5).JPG

Colombian Gold
Day 69 since flip.

Individual stalks and close ups. Continued.

CG Day 69 flower (6).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (6)2 2.JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 69 flower. Close up of previous photo.

CG Day 69 flower (7).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (7)2.JPG

CG Day 69 flower (8).JPG

CG Day 69 flower (8)2.JPG

Colombian Gold
Day 70 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.:)

The plants seem to be enjoying the cooler lights out temperatures. :hmmmm::) The flowers are really thick with trichomes. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll do two post. The 2nd being individual stalks.

They'll be going on straight water soon,:) just waiting on them to show me it's time.:)

CG Day 70 flower (1).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 70 flower.

CG Day 70 flower (2).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (3).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (4).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (5).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (6).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (8).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (12).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 70 flower. Some underneath flowers that don't get a lot of light, but seem to be frosted nicely. :) How dense will they get.:hmmmm:

Colombian Gold
Day 70 since flip.

Cont.
Individual stalks.:):love:

CG Day 70 flower (6)2.JPG

CG Day 70 flower (7).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (9).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (10).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (11).JPG

CG Day 70 flower (8)2.JPG

Thanks GreenMobster! :) The setup has evolved, but the basic operation of the flood and drain has remained the same. :) I changed number of holes in the top tray. At one time I ran, as much as, six in a 3x3 tray. :oops: Four is about ideal for my style, but I frequently run three at a time. One day I'll try running two and just veg longer.:hmmmm: Running one plant would be kinda lopsided, as my inflow/drain pump line and overflow fitting are dead center of the tray.:hmmmm: I don't have sensors keeping constant measure of my salts/temp/ph and such. I just change the reservoir every week to 10 days and check the PH twice a day and adjust as necessary.:) I have to keep an eye out for roots clogging my inflow and overflow fittings, as i've found them clogged with roots before.:oops: Causing a slow drain when the water pump shuts off.:oops: I don't find the after grow cleanup of roots too bad at all. :hmmmm: The main disadvantage is only one strain at a time works best. :bong: I think to successfully grow more than one strain at a time in the tray requires a bit of luck.:)

Colombian Gold
Day 71 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :)

Still enjoying those outside ambient temps. giving me a little lights on/lights off grow room temperature variation. :) I'm not using the reservoir heater and the water is cold to the touch. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have been dropping the light power since day 60 something.:hmmmm: Now running at 300w.:) I've also made two changes to the lights on/lights off time.:rolleyes: I'm now at 10/14 schedule. :) These changes have also contributed to lower temperatures in the grow area.:hmmmm::)

The flowers are looking good. :) I'm still watching for the switch to straight water.:hmmmm: I've made two bumps, to the current old Ripen reservoir. 10 ml each of KoolBloom(0-10-10) in the last week. The reservoir is being kept between 6.2-6.5PH.

The smell is incredible.:love: Not a trace of skunk smell.:bong: Most of my grows end up being skunky. :hmmmm: 😎

CG Day 71 flower (1).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 71 flower.

CG Day 71 flower (2).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (3).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (4).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (5).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (6).JPG

Continued on next post.

Colombian Gold
Day 71 since flip.

Continued post.:)

CG Day 71 flower (7).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (8).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (9).JPG

CG Day 71 flower (5)2.JPG

CG Day 71 flower (7)2.JPG

CG Day 71 flower (10).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 71 flower. I use a ball cap to shade the camera when I'm stretched out across the grow, so I can see the viewfinder. Part of the ball cap in the photo.:rolleyes:

CG Day 71 flower (10)2.JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 71 flower. Close up of bud in previous hat photo.:)

I bet you are. It's gotta smell wonderful when you enter the room. So what ya smelling? Skunk, sweet, tropical, fruity?
It's not skunky at all. :) I mostly smell tropical/citrusy.:hmmmm: But I'm awful with identifying smells.:rolleyes: It smells strongly and pleasant at the same time.:hmmmm: I haven't disturbed them more than a little brushing by some of the stalks when reaching for something.:hmmmm: It then releases a lot of smell, but still not skunky.:)

Sounds delicious. I suck at describing smells. I don't get those folks that can rip off a dozen aroma id. Soft lavender with tones of anal beads and mir. I mean who the hell smells all that? Lol
I see you've grown a few ace strains. I've never ordered from them but have always wanted to. Would love to try their Panama.
I once lived in Panama city, Panama for bout three yrs. Sampled some of their black market cannabis while I was down there. Stupid sick bud so sativa it caused a huge rush of anxiety. Still kicking myself in the ass for not bringing home any seed.

Write up from breeder.
Colombian Gold:
World Of Seed, feminized photoperiod

This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle.

Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent, psychedelic effects.

Genotype 100% Sativa
THC 18%
Maturation(Interior) from 65 to 75 days
Maturation(Exterior) late October
Flavor Sweet fruit
Way of cropping Ind/Out
Production 400 g/m2 Indoor | more than 700 g/pl Outdoor
Odor High
Effect Cerebral
Resistance to mold High
Pest resistance Medium
Sex Feminized
Lineage Santa Marta (Colombia)
BHO Performance 17%
Irrigation tolerance High
Medicinal Value Medium

gwhunran intro:

Colombian Gold, World of Seeds, clones from a feminized photoperiod mother.

All are welcome to this journal.

These clones were gifted to me by @LKABudMan Budman as he had extra clones and I'd mentioned how much I wished I could grow them. I had just lost my Blueberry crop due to a medical emergency. I never expected things to work out so perfectly. Lose a crop and instant root ready replacement clones of a strain, I'd probably dreamed of growing this strain since the mid 70s. I realize it's not the exact strain from that time as it probably didn't finish as fast the breeder states this strain finishes.

I am running the plants in the diy DWC under a ViparSpectra XS1500pro for a few days and then into the open flood and drain under a 600w LED. I will veg them on 16/8 light schedule and then on an 11/13 light schedule after flip to match the Golden Tiger next door. While the two grows are on different light schedules, the closure between grows will be in use, and each grow will have it's own AC running. The Golden Tiger will get the dehumdifier as it is already flowering. Once on the same light schedule, only one AC will be used and the dehumdifier will be shared.

The 1st reservoir was created this morning using GH recommended amounts for Early Growth. CalMag+ was added and the res. was PHed to 5.8-6.2. No plants in the tray yet as I still have to finish cleaning the air stones. The weighted air hoses are already in the reservoir and would probably be adequate, but the plants are currenting in the diy DWC and are doing fine. No hurry as the ViparSpectra XS1500pro is doing a fine job at present.

The clones in the diy DWC are running on a two gallon reservoir at the GH recomended concentration for two gallons in Early Growth. PHed at 5.8-6.2. CalMag+ at 2ml/gallon.

The flood and drain consist of a doubled up 17 gallon tote, a 3x3foot tray, with a four hole PVC tray cover. I'll be scrogging them on a 4x4 1st screen about 7inches/18cm from the tray cover. I plan on using a 2nd, 4x4 screen, 12inches/30.5cm above the first screen to spread out the top colas and provide support.

The water pump supplying the nutrients to the tray will run every two hours for 15minutes and then drain back into the reservoir. I am using a combination of air stones and air hoses supplied by a 35w 6 port air pump running 24/7.
If any of you have run this stain, how much does this strain stretch after flip? Does it double or triple in height? Just trying to decide if 12inches/30.5cm height is adequate for the 2nd screen?
CG Day 1 diy dwc (5).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC, thanks again @LKABudMan

CG Day 1 diy dwc (4).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC,

CG side ready to go.JPG

Future flood and drain home of the Colombian Gold. Just have to clean the air stones and hook them up. Weighted air hoses already aerating.
haven't seen columbian gold since the 70's

Back
Top Bottom