Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Tons of great info. Ty

I love the ingenuity when working in smaller spaces/tents.

I too have a 4" duct from central AC to both tents, and the 6" exhaust fan pushing out through ceiling into attic.

Looking great. Kudos!

This is an awesome topic of discussion that will benefit me a ton. Planning an expansion, bore you with the details in one of my grow journals. Anyway I was on the fence between using a tent for flowering vs. open space flowering.

I was very fortunate to pose that question to one of the best painters/masters on the board, which pretty much told me tents are worth their weight in gold. Y'all are all the best.

Right now running two carbon filters, the little ones) one in by veg. area and one in my flower space/room.
Guess where I am running them? On the ground :oops:

Basically I have been too lazy to hang them. Overall, they seem to be doing great.
Plus I have three small fans providing my flowering girlfriends perfect ventilation.
And an 18 inch Hurricane fan in my veg. space.

Anyway when I finally get a great tent, sooner than later, wanna do things right.
As i get closer to ordering/purchasing my tent; I'll do more homework on ventilation.

Been really busy, so taken some tv time to unwind, while posting for an hour before going back out to work.
Watching the original Bill Shatner Star Trek for the first time on weed:lot-o-toke:

The show is so awesome, forked up, and has a bunch of forkin aliens, and stuff.

PS: would it be ok to start a grow log for a green crack plant say 120 days into veg.?

Hope this is okay to post here Buds. Thought it would be a good place for the conversation. Sorry it's quite a long post.

So I've just ordered my first proper tent. The DIY one is doing well but won't last too long without regular maintenance I don't think. I picked up a new 40x40x120cm monster buds urban tent for the bargain price of £35. Will tuck away nicely inside the built in wardrobe. Now I'm thinking about extraction. I have a 4" filter coming with the tent and have either a 120mm 52CFM USB fan or 4" 107m3/h inline fan and controller to use with it. I know it's against most advice but I'm contemplating mounting the fan and filter outside of the tent so I can utilise the full space.

The tent is 6.78 ft3. So if I add 40% to compensate for the filter, heat and small amount of ducting (it should be right outside the tent and avoid having any bends) that would be 9.49 CFM required. Then if you look at only replacing the air once every 3 minutes that would go down to 3.16 CFM. So I know it's not the most efficient way but I'm thinking for such a small tent that setup should be okay. I'd also put the pre filter onto the intake end of the run to help protect the fan and filter.

Wondering what others thoughts would be on this?

Hope this is okay to post here Buds. Thought it would be a good place for the conversation. Sorry it's quite a long post.

So I've just ordered my first proper tent. The DIY one is doing well but won't last too long without regular maintenance I don't think. I picked up a new 40x40x120cm monster buds urban tent for the bargain price of £35. Will tuck away nicely inside the built in wardrobe. Now I'm thinking about extraction. I have a 4" filter coming with the tent and have either a 120mm 52CFM USB fan or 4" 107m3/h inline fan and controller to use with it. I know it's against most advice but I'm contemplating mounting the fan and filter outside of the tent so I can utilise the full space.

The tent is 6.78 ft3. So if I add 40% to compensate for the filter, heat and small amount of ducting (it should be right outside the tent and avoid having any bends) that would be 9.49 CFM required. Then if you look at only replacing the air once every 3 minutes that would go down to 3.16 CFM. So I know it's not the most efficient way but I'm thinking for such a small tent that setup should be okay. I'd also put the pre filter onto the intake end of the run to help protect the fan and filter.

Wondering what others thoughts would be on this?
Since the tent will be in a wardrobe it sounds like it would work out as far as smell & heat exhaust. Not sure what light you use but if it's something with a ballast that you can put outside the wardrobe that would help a lot temp wise. It sounds good on paper but only 1 way to know for sure. You may have to do a little tweaking things to get things perfected but hell, I'd try it.

Tons of great info. Ty

I love the ingenuity when working in smaller spaces/tents.

I too have a 4" duct from central AC to both tents, and the 6" exhaust fan pushing out through ceiling into attic.

Looking great. Kudos!
Thanks & glad you stopped by. I know you're pretty experienced but maybe it made you remember something you forgot about.
Not really a better or cheaper method than using the house AC straight to the tent to cool it. Works so well.

Nailed IT!!!

My girl Sad Girl she's perfectly healthy in late flower with extraordinary solid buds.
She is far from being a masterpiece, but she'll yield me at least a solid ounce of very, very, amazing bud.
Which in my book is perfectly fine for a fine petite girl.

She was a happy girl in veg., but destined to be a filler plant, so we didn't dance too much.

Anyway once she went in the flower room she just looked kinda sad. I figured she was just disappointed we didn't date much, but really figured her Canadian Genetics did not agree with my Dominator. Usually, I try to do stuff to the girls to make them like the light.

Anyway guess who Sad Girls neighbor is? Yep. The carbon filter/fan.

Her sister neighbor Perky B (completely different genetics) is my attempt at using a medium framed canvas (taller structure), she should yield at least three ounces once she finishes.

Perky B's leaves are always straight up, happiest dang plant I've ever seen.

So basically the ventilation effect from the carbon filter/fan may have a slight, adverse impact on one plant, and what appears to be a very positive impact on another plant. Works for me:bong:

Gonna try to stay off the sight for a while. I have a ton of work, work, and just bought the most amazing thing ever for training/dancing with my girls.

Since the tent will be in a wardrobe it sounds like it would work out as far as smell & heat exhaust. Not sure what light you use but if it's something with a ballast that you can put outside the wardrobe that would help a lot temp wise. It sounds good on paper but only 1 way to know for sure. You may have to do a little tweaking things to get things perfected but hell, I'd try it.
Worth a shot then I guess. Can always change it if it doesn't work. I'll be using my DIY LED strip light with the driver mounted outside the tent. It gives off very little heat.

This is a long one guys because it deals with plant issues such as Water, Light & Pest Trouble Shooting. But lots of good info in it so here we go.
77) Trouble Shooting - Pests.jpg
78) TS - Pests.jpg
79) TS - Pests.jpg
80) TS - Pests.jpg
81) TS - Pests.jpg
82) TS - Pests.jpg
83) TS - Pests.jpg
84) TS - Pests.jpg
85) TS - Pests.jpg
86) TS - Pests.jpg

That look like mag deficiency? Sorry to invade your post

IMG_20201203_153832.jpg
I'm not great with these diagnosis but looks more like the pictures from the spider mite damage. Have you checked under the leaves? My other thought was light burn from water splashes on the leaves. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in for you.

LOL. When I was younger & had roommates I had a couple move out on me. They said I was too much of a Neat Freak for them. "NO", they were just slobs IMO.

Look BB im an ex slob LOL :thumb:does this get the approval from you ?, I've a floor to grab today to put downand some more white sheeting for the sides

my autos love it :laugh:
P1110254.JPG

P1110227.JPG
P1110229.JPG
P1110230.JPG
P1110231.JPG

I'm not great with these diagnosis but looks more like the pictures from the spider mite damage. Have you checked under the leaves? My other thought was light burn from water splashes on the leaves. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in for you.
Not mites; but it could be a splash from feeding.

Not mites; but it could be a splash from feeding.
Yeah that's what I fort but would pH down in water cause this I have also a little fan blowing sometimes when temps get above 26c i will check again in tonight se if going or not gave some nutes today again as tryed quadlining on 2 cheers people sorry to post on ur journal

Yeah that's what I fort but would pH down in water cause this I have also a little fan blowing sometimes when temps get above 26c i will check again in tonight se if going or not gave some nutes today again as tryed quadlining on 2 cheers people sorry to post on ur journal
Even just water drops on the plant leaves during lights on can cause spots. That's why you give your plants a good shake after foliar feeding (if you do that). I don't do it unless I see a leaf issue & I try not to do it then.

I've just been thinking about how "They Say" so much has changed in over the past 4 years I've been growing.
Especially the part of not pH-ing your nutrients. I personally think that is total B.S. & I'll continue to pH every time.
Funny I see a lot of people who don't pH having issues.
The Feed till the end or Flush at the end thing is also different. I've done it both ways & no real difference other then the flushed plants seemed smoother to smoke.
Bud Washing. LOL ! That's for veggies in my book. Tried that too & made my buds light & fluffy. Only way I'd do it again is if I had flying pests during flower that got stuck in my buds.
A lot of stuff I read I find to be useless junk. (Well, I find that out after I try it)
So I just decided the best way for me is stick with the old school tried & tested ways of growing. It was simpler then all this crap I hear now days.
It would be fun to do a journal against someone who believes all the hyped up Bro-Science. Not to see who yields the most (but that can be included); but to see who runs into more issues with their plants. I truly believe I'd win by keeping it simple & not doing all that much. I spend about 20 - 30 min. per day in my grow room & that's it. I see if they need fed or to be LST'd & then I'm gone. See them the next day & repeat. They seem to like that better then a whole lot of attention.
Here I go rambling again.

I think it's very easy to make it way more complicated than it needs to be. K.I.S.S has always been a good model for many things in my life. I sometimes find myself getting bored and thinking up stupid things to try but attempt to reign myself in again. Repeat the mantra.

Back
Top Bottom