Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

I think I was too enthusiastic about these seeds. Most of them cracked, but sprouts are weak and lack vigor, their shelf time is up probably. I also had to scuff OGKs, and only then they started cracking. I'm soaking a new batch of the same strains, but if nothing changes I'm going for fresher seeds, which means GC, UD and NYCD.

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

I think I was too enthusiastic about these seeds. Most of them cracked, but sprouts are weak and lack vigor, their shelf time is up probably. I also had to scuff OGKs, and only then they started cracking. I'm soaking a new batch of the same strains, but if nothing changes I'm going for fresher seeds, which means GC, UD and NYCD.

Sorry to hear that your seeds lack vigor. I don't understand much about cross-bred seeds. You are attributing this to seeds that sat too long on the shelf. Is it possible that some crosses produce weak seeds. I ask this because of my recent experience with home crossed seeds (same mother, probable same father.)

I recently planted 4 home crossed seeds harvested last June. Although they look fully ripe, I have: 1 failure to sprout planted directly in soil, 1 good seedling, 1 seedling that sprouted and lay down to die on the first day, and 1 seed that is failing to crack after 6 days in water.

The seeds I planted were all of good size with a light or medium hue and strong, darker stripes. I let the mother go about 2 extra weeks before harvest and only saved good looking seeds. They were dried in open air for 2-3 days, then stored in plastic at room temperature for 7-8 months. I have about 200 more seeds treated like this (from several other mothers.)

Do you have any thoughts on why these seeds might be having such trouble growing plants?

It might be due to quality of your mother, did you notice that something was wrong with the plant? Deficiencies or anything?

It might be due to quality of your mother, did you notice that something was wrong with the plant? Deficiencies or anything?

The mother was a little wimpy/young but basically healthy.

20160608_110935-1.jpg

I put these seeds in a baggie right after I dried and trimmed. Maybe I should have done a seed 'cure' or air dried longer.
It's only 4 seeds so far.

Yep you need to pluck the seeds, dry them for 2-3 weeks, and then store it in the fridge.

Room for one more?

Hoping for more high brix then political. I know this is the place for knowledge which I thirst for. I do the generic organic and this just is fascinating to do it from scratch.

Oh no man, you are right on time :hookah:

Room for one more?

Hoping for more high brix then political. I know this is the place for knowledge which I thirst for. I do the generic organic and this just is fascinating to do it from scratch.

Don't worry tiny bit of politics pops up even here from time to time, but we got it out of our systems and now we're back to real life :thumb: :smokin:

Happy New Year to you too!

My seeds are sprouting finally, one OGK looks quite good and a couple of AUCs. But these seeds are old, so ratio is poor unfortunately.

Happy New Year to you too!

My seeds are sprouting finally, one OGK looks quite good and a couple of AUCs. But these seeds are old, so ratio is poor unfortunately.

conradino..when you say old..how old? When were they harvested & how were they stored? :thanks:

Lem told me they've been made between late 90's and 2004, so some of these might be 15-20 yrs old. I'm happy for the OGK, I'll sun dep it to get the best out of it like I did in the past tweaking my method just a little bit to try and go over 16 Brix, which was a ceiling last time. Still this was one of the best buds I ever smoked, and my friends really appreciated it.

Yep you need to pluck the seeds, dry them for 2-3 weeks, and then store it in the fridge.

Hi Con, that is how I kept my seeds. I dried them in a small cardboard box with cotton then in to plastic containers in the fridge.

Now my question, what should I do when I am ready to take them out of the fridge?
I have been letting them sit out at room temperature for a week or 2 before dropping them into water. :ciao:

Any procedure you use for cold seeds?
wondering if anyone uses stratification for sprouting seeds?

Hi Con, that is how I kept my seeds. I dried them in a small cardboard box with cotton then in to plastic containers in the fridge.

Now my question, what should I do when I am ready to take them out of the fridge?
I have been letting them sit out at room temperature for a week or 2 before dropping them into water. :ciao:

Isn't stratification necessary more so for perennials than annuals?

That could be. I dunno.
Just wondering if I could be doing it better.

edit: now that I think about it. I used to sprout in my basement and I think I had a damping off problem but that was a long time ago and my memory is not very good.

I do love me some outdoor Italian action, I'll pull up a bean bag if you don't mind... Get your mind out the gutter, we're talking horticulture here, not that other action.

Good luck on them seeds. I'm thinking positive thoughts for your new babies.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

I just drop them in a shot glass.

I store seeds in plastic bags in the dark at room temperature, then they go in dirt.

Yep that's what I do.

I've been toying with the idea of long term storage in a chest freezer.
I would not have imagined that freezing would work, but some reading has been reigning in my imagination a bit so I'm gonna toss some seeds in the freezer.

Deep freeze does work.

That could be. I dunno.
Just wondering if I could be doing it better.

edit: now that I think about it. I used to sprout in my basement and I think I had a damping off problem but that was a long time ago and my memory is not very good.

Temps are important, anything from mid 70s to high 80s is very good for germination.

I do love me some outdoor Italian action, I'll pull up a bean bag if you don't mind... Get your mind out the gutter, we're talking horticulture here, not that other action.

Good luck on them seeds. I'm thinking positive thoughts for your new babies.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

And I have to say future looks bright. I've just put the healthiest looking OG sprout in the pot and two AUCs as well :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom