Morning TraTra :)
It is legal but the crime here is mad and even though I am behind an electric fence and in a cluster of apartments that are walled in, someone came in the dead of night and stole my next door neighbor's garden umbrella. The weed would likely attract the attention of tweakers and be gone before harvest. Another possibility is that neighbors may complain about the smell. I just prefer to keep it on the low down.
Perfect :)

It’s actually not legal yet here.

Such a nuisance.

Thank you both, I literally found the site yesterday. I’d love watering tips and tricks or any information you have to offer.
Hi CH, welcome. It's nice to meet you and I am glad you found your way here. Journaling is a great way to meet people on the website and to get advice from seasoned growers so I'd encourage you to start a journal with your grow.
There are different approaches to watering plants as you will learn. I am using top watering and I like Jon's starter guide for seedlings followed by Emilya's popular method of watering a potted plant for this.

@DV8 or @Trala would you explain your "waterboarding" style in practical detail so that we can examine the differences please?

Hi CH, welcome. It's nice to meet you and I am glad you found your way here. Journaling is a great way to meet people on the website and to get advice from seasoned growers so I'd encourage you to start a journal with your grow.
There are different approaches to watering plants as you will learn. I am using top watering and I like Jon's starter guide for seedlings followed by Emilya's popular method of watering a potted plant for this.

@DV8 or @Trala would you explain your "waterboarding" style in practical detail so that we can examine the differences please?
It is nice to meet you as well, thank you for the warm welcome☺️. I have spent the morning getting used to the site and browsing. There seems to be many lovely users, I made a post in the grow journey section this morning with what i’ve done so far. I have been looking up the waterboarding technique as well. I look forward to learning from everyone and celebrating your progress.

It is nice to meet you as well, thank you for the warm welcome☺️. I have spent the morning getting used to the site and browsing. There seems to be many lovely users, I made a post in the grow journey section this morning with what i’ve done so far. I have been looking up the waterboarding technique as well. I look forward to learning from everyone and celebrating your progress.
You might want to look into sub-irrigated planters too :)

Look I don’t know how I water. I really don’t. I’m a long time plant lover. It’s just something I know how to do which developed over time. I do all the forbidden things. I spray them with a hose, I tip 4L all over them without giving them breath, I don’t even think about it coz I’ve been watering plants my whole life. I just understand what they need by looking at them.

I have found my flower girls who are inside 24/7 need far less water. When outside I can give 4L twice a day, while inside I only need that per week. Sometimes under that too, so I see where people who don’t understand a plants needs get in trouble.

I’m no plant whisperer, I just know the basic signs. I let the plant tell me.

If I was to give advice it would be get to know plants in general. Whether that be starting a herb garden or striking plants from cuttings, or clones as MJ growers call them, or introducing a few small house plants that are seedling size. I love the feeling of satisfaction I get when I take a twig that looks like nothing and make it something. And they teach you so much while doing it. Well I think they do lol.

I don’t think Deeve waterboards like I do. I’m sure he will have more practical advice.

I have family here early next year but I worked out that I could get a harvest in before they arrive.
Looking forward to watching you make it happen, Carmen! :goodluck:

Look I don’t know how I water. I really don’t. I’m a long time plant lover. It’s just something I know how to do which developed over time. I do all the forbidden things. I spray them with a hose, I tip 4L all over them without giving them breath, I don’t even think about it coz I’ve been watering plants my whole life. I just understand what they need by looking at them.

I have found my flower girls who are inside 24/7 need far less water. When outside I can give 4L twice a day, while inside I only need that per week. Sometimes under that too, so I see where people who don’t understand a plants needs get in trouble.

If I was to give advice it would be get to know plants in general. Whether that be starting a herb garden or striking plants from cuttings, or clones as MJ growers call them, or introducing a few small house plants that are seedling size. I love the feeling of satisfaction I get when I take a twig that looks like nothing and make it something. And they teach you so much while doing it. Well I think they do lol.

I don’t think Deeve waterboards like I do. I’m sure he will have more practical advice.
I think it is great advice, it’s similar to how I take care of my vegetable garden. I let them tell me what they need, Keep doing all the forbidden things, if it works it works😁.

I think it is great advice, it’s similar to how I take care of my vegetable garden. I let them tell me what they need, Keep doing all the forbidden things, if it works it works😁.
Id hate to think what others might say about plenty of things I do, and watering is one.

But if its my kick of the ball here it is.

I give them a drink. When they are too dry, I water. If they are too wet, I drain and wait till they are too dry.

Im like Goldilocks, as theres just too many variables to give a rundown of a solid technique.

I also wet my tops instead of mulching, cover crop, etc. But thats how I feed them....so....yeah.

Ive never been hung up on whats right or wrong even now in a tent. Never weighed a pot. Dont measure amounts. Dont set a schedule. Dont PH. Mostly because I dont water others plants, and any outdoors I do is gonna go through a period thats desert like, 40C, and can get to single figure RH.

Most growers probably dont get that pleasure of trying to keep something in a black pot alive through that long enough to survive till flower, and thats when it turns into 80% RH and a frost any day, lolling.

Thanks Tra. It sounds like that resonates with CH.
CH it sounds like you are no novice to growing plants, so this shouldn't be difficult either.
Id hate to think what others might say about plenty of things I do, and watering is one.

But if its my kick of the ball here it is.

I give them a drink. When they are too dry, I water. If they are too wet, I drain and wait till they are too dry.

Im like Goldilocks, as theres just too many variables to give a rundown of a solid technique.

I also wet my tops instead of mulching, cover crop, etc. But thats how I feed them....so....yeah.

Ive never been hung up on whats right or wrong even now in a tent. Never weighed a pot. Dont measure amounts. Dont set a schedule. Dont PH. Mostly because I dont water others plants, and any outdoors I do is gonna go through a period thats desert like, 40C, and can get to single figure RH.

Most growers probably dont get that pleasure of trying to keep something in a black pot alive through that long enough to survive till flower, and thats when it turns into 80% RH and a frost any day, lolling.
Thank you Deev. I hear you. With wildly fluctuation environmental conditions it is difficult and in many cases not necessary to keep a record.

Looking forward to watching you make it happen, Carmen! :goodluck:
Thank you for being here while it happens, Carcass :) I'm hoping I can get a longer veg time this go, so that I can do some more training.

Tonight I am sampling my new CBN butter. So far my body feels heavy and numbish. My eyes feel as if they've had a visit from the sandman. I feel as if I am getting close to sleep. I feel a sedative effect. I took about half a teaspoon initially, at 6.30 pm, thinking it would have kicked in by 8.30. It did. I took another blob, about a teaspoon at 8.30, expecting it to strengthen the effect of the CBN and it has. It's a very pleasant feeling.

This is how I did it, using @InTheShed's technique for oil infusions. I had also read a blog on decarboxylating for CBN. The author advised the following temp but has not had it lab proven. I then followed the infusion process set out below.

My first batch of CBN Cannabutter... woohoo what a success! After it has been in the fridge and set it looks like fudge.

This is the method. I forgot to add that I just cover the crushed decarbed herb with the oil, so that it is like mud. Woops, I also forgot to say that I chose a strongly indica hybrid for this batch, the Caramel King.

CBN (1).png

Thank you Shed for the suggestion to experiment with the CBN butter. What a pleasure that it is possible to feel this sleepy and relaxed without resorting to nasty pharmaceuticals.

Congratulations, and I hope it knocks you out out for exactly how long you want to be knocked out!

Is it butter or coconut oil?

:love:
It's coconut oil, I just call it all butter. I should be more precise. If I was making butter for cooking with cannabis, I'd probably used clarified butter / ghee.

It worked but not as well as I would have liked. My earlier dose gave me sleep from about 10pm to 2am which is 4 hours, so I shouldn't complain. I took another dose at 2 am and crashed again until 8.30, woke up and crashed again until 11 am. It does leave one a bit drowsy unless you have managed to sleep it all out. I wouldn't go as far as to say a hangover, but definitely a bit dozy. I can't decide if I prefer THC oil to CBN oil for sleep. I'll have to make some and find out :)

Unfortunately my second NBA Diesel seed has not sprouted either, so I am going to replace it with a Red Russian XXL Autoflower as follows:

"Sex: feminized autoflowering
Genotype: Sativa/Indica/Lowryder#2
Cross: Red Russian XXL x Lowryder#2
Indoor flowering period: 7-8 weeks
Outdoor harvest time: 10-11 weeks
Indoor yield: 400-450 g/m2
Outdoor yield: 50-200 g/plant
Height: 75-180 cm
THC: Very high
CBD: Medium

Auto Red Russian XXL is available as photoperiod and autoflowering seed. Both versions are feminized, just like all of our other seeds, meaning there is 99.99 % of a chance, they will develop into a female plant. Because this version is autoflowering, it will automatically begin flowering phase, based on its age. Therefore, no lighting schedule adjustments are needed.

It is a mixture of sativa, indica and ruderalis. The ruderalis genetics gave this strain the ability to switch to the flowering phase by itself. Red Russian XXL has a huge family tree. Some of the ancient ancestors are Brazil, Mexican, Thai and Colombian sativa, and of course, Afghani indica, that made this strain mostly indica. Some other famous ancestors are White Russian, White Widow, AK-47, our AK-77V, Northern Lights, #1 Skunk, Mexican Haze, Mexican ruderalis, Silver Pearl and many many more. In the final mixture, that resulted in this autoflowering strain, were our Red Russian XXL and Lowryder #2.

This strain thrives indoors and outdoors. Indoors, the flowering period ends after 7 to 8 weeks. In that time, the plants usually produce around 400 to 450 grams per square meter. Outdoors, the flowering period ends 10 to 11 weeks after planting the seed. A single plant can produce 50 and up to 200 grams. It can reach from 75 to 180 centimeters in heights.

Auto Red Russian XXL is a very strong autoflower, easy to grow and with one of the biggest yields. It produces very resinous buds, that can contain very high amounts of THC – around 21 % and a medium amount of CBD. The aroma of the buds is earthy and pungent and reminds of diesel."

Back
Top Bottom