Critical Jack & Dark Devil Auto Cross

Thank you all for hanging around and for the kind words of confidence. I checked on the tent when i got home a few minutes ago and unsurprisingly there was no change. Temps are 74 degrees at the soil surface and 78 about a foot above so things are looking good environmentally. If i don't see anything by tomorrow night i will dribble a couple tablespoons of water over the tops of the seeds.
:popcorn: subbed up. Cant believe I didn't think to use a piece of wood to hang my exhaust fan inside the tent... Lol
That's why i share as much info as i can in the hopes that it will give someone an idea to solve issues. Other peoples journals have helped me alot.

Catch you all tomorrow. Keep it green.

Update time,
All six have germinated. I had to dig a couple out because I had planted them too deep. I pulled all the seed shells off after moistening them up with some water. Hopefully they haven't been struggling too long to punch through. Since they are all germinated and dug out I changed the light schedule to 18/6. It's supposed to be 90s the rest of the week and weekend so i shouldn't have any issues with temps dropping too low when lights are off. Tent is still setup as a sealed system. Have a good evening.

Hello Everyone,
Its time for a little update. It seems they are stretching a bit. I guess even with all the light in the tent three feet is too far away. I moved them up to eighteen inches. Well see how they do now. That's a little close for my liking but i don't have time tonight to get them at two feet. That will be a project for tomorrow night. I added an something else to the tent tonight. I wonder who will notice it first. Another observation in the tent, my water from the mountain spring is blooming algae sitting in the tent with all the light. I moved all the jugs outside the tent. I might have to dump all that water out and go get new. Thoughts anyone on that?

Streeetch

Hey TB. I also use fresh mountain spring water. I don't keep it in the tent but there is light where they are stored but my jugs are not clear and I've never had algae. I got my jugs at the big W box store, 7 gallons with a spout and like em a lot, they're blue. Is it safe to assume you have a fan blowing lightly on those streching gals?

Not on them, it is circulating air. It would blow them over if I did. They very gently sway now. I kept the jugs in the tent to warm the water temp up but I'm sure that won't be a problem now that it's summer if I keep them outside the tent.

Yup the mountain spring water sure is cold! I've had it sitting on my under rug heater and also boiled up a gallon or so to add to the cold to warm it up. Now it's definately warm enough. Maybe consider non clear jugs...? With the fan was thinking it helps stiffen up the stems but you certainly
don't want to blow them over! A couple of mine stretch bad so I added a bamboo skewer and used pipe cleaners to support them, just took the, off recently, thick strong stems.

Agree

I'd drop the light down a bit for sure
What light?
A 300 watt equivalent full spectrum panel 60 leds at 5volts each and 300 watts of 6 citizen 3500k cobs on lowest setting. I had the lights at 3 feet above soil level but I bumped up to 18 inches above plants last night. If I turn up the power on the cobs I will fry them so I just moved things closer.

Back
Top Bottom