Critical Jack & Dark Devil Auto Cross

Led at 24" max I'd say at that age, closer may be too much
Cobs I'm not sure, but my QBs are usually 16" ish in early veg, then around 12"

Today i added supports to them(they fell over) and turned up the cobs to about 20%. Changed the tent over to a unsealed/fresh air setup. Temps have been around 75 and humidity around 60%. The pots are heavy still so no need for water. Someday i will need to visit the spring to replace all the water where algae bloomed in. Thats all for now.

Hello everyone,
What a wonderful weekend this is going to be. Lots of bikers out and about. Don't blame them. I went up to the spring to get more water to replace the algae water and filled up six, five gallon jugs. We took my son's car. It's a '84 Volvo 244 DL. Went to start the car after finishing and the battery was dead. :eek: Good thing we keep jumper cables in the trunk. We sat there for 30 minutes waving the ends of the cables around trying to get someone to stop and jump us. Luckily a nice couple did. Funny thing is if we got thirsty we had plenty of cool water to drink. Plants are doing good. They are working on second set of leaves. One is deformed and three are great. If the one doesn't make it i'm not worried cause i have more of the same seeds being shipped to me now. When i receive them i am going to plant three more. I turned up the cobs a little more since they are not showing stress. I plan on buying another 300 watt kit of Citizen cobs from Timber Grow Lights. This time i am buying the 3000k. That way i will have a mixture of 3000 and 3500K. When hung i will have 12 cobs at a total of 600 watts in a 5 x 5. I added a webcam to the tent earlier this week. Its only available on my lan currently. If there is interest i can make it publicly available for you all. Enjoy your weekend. Laterz.

Hello everyone,
What a wonderful weekend this is going to be. Lots of bikers out and about. Don't blame them. I went up to the spring to get more water to replace the algae water and filled up six, five gallon jugs. We took my son's car. It's a '84 Volvo 244 DL. Went to start the car after finishing and the battery was dead. :eek: Good thing we keep jumper cables in the trunk. We sat there for 30 minutes waving the ends of the cables around trying to get someone to stop and jump us. Luckily a nice couple did. Funny thing is if we got thirsty we had plenty of cool water to drink. Plants are doing good. They are working on second set of leaves. One is deformed and three are great. If the one doesn't make it i'm not worried cause i have more of the same seeds being shipped to me now. When i receive them i am going to plant three more. I turned up the cobs a little more since they are not showing stress. I plan on buying another 300 watt kit of Citizen cobs from Timber Grow Lights. This time i am buying the 3000k. That way i will have a mixture of 3000 and 3500K. When hung i will have 12 cobs at a total of 600 watts in a 5 x 5. I added a webcam to the tent earlier this week. Its only available on my lan currently. If there is interest i can make it publicly available for you all. Enjoy your weekend. Laterz.
That’s awesome, I’ve been thinking of doing the same. Sometimes when at work I just want a peek at them... really cool you got yours set up!

Hello Everyone and welcome to my 2018 journal.
This year i will be growing a cross between Critical Jack and Dark Devil Auto. To my knowledge it is photo sensitive rather than auto. As far as other traits we will find out as it grows. Unless i learn more about them. I planted six seeds in one gallon pots and will keep them in those pots until they need watering daily. Then i will put them in seven gallons for flowering. I will be growing them in Doc Bud's High Brix kit. Which is a LOS soil blend with foliar sprays. This is my second grow with the kit and should go better then the first grow i did last year. This is second run soil. If your interested in reading it, there is a link in my signature.
My grow environment is a 5x5 tent with a 4 inch carbon filter and a 6 inch inline fan. I run two configurations depending on weather conditions. Sealed and unsealed. Sealed when temps are low and i use the heat from the lights to keep the tent warm. I direct my fan exhaust to blow the heat to the floor. It keeps the roots warm. When needed i will put a dehumidifier in the tent. Unsealed when temps are warm and don't need to heat in the tent. I draw in cool air from an attic area between the first floor and the garage. Temps average around 70 degrees in this space. I exhaust into the garage. If i need a dehumidifier in this setup will put it in the attic area and drain the waste water through a hose into the garage and out. i used to use this water for the plants but now use mountain spring water i can get for free.
Lights consist of a 300 watt equivalent full spectrum led panel with 5 watt diodes and 300 watt kit of six Citizen cobs on one driver. Currently i have all lights running except that the cobs are set at their lowest setting. They are three feet from the tops of the soil currently.
Current temps are 73 degrees and 65 percent humidity. I expect temps will increase in the morning hours when the sun shines on the garage doors. Lights will be on at evening/night hours. I usually don't run a 24/0 light schedule but decided to until the seeds germinate to ensure warm temps. I will change it to 18/6 once they do. Plants need the dark to rest and grow. I will flower at 11/13 as i have always done.

Drawing of my setup.
This is picture of the tent from last year as i was setting it up. You get the idea.
I really like this inline fan and recommend it.
Fan Filter combo setup. Exhausting out of the roof for a unsealed setup. I pull it inside the tent and direct it where i want it for a sealed setup.
The six pots waiting to dunked/drenched with 1/4 dose of transplant.
Once dunked and drained, i topped off the soil and poured more water on top.
Added a little Roots powder in the hole.
The strain of seeds i am growing.
Group photo all ready to go.
Full tent shot including lights.
I'm sure i have forgotten some details so please feel free to ask.
At this point it is a waiting game. See ya around.

Dude, you got the old school labels! Cool.

Sorry I've been missing this one! :reading420magazine: Love Dark Devil, grows SO, so sweet and smells like grape-lime jelly in the kit. Phenomenal nose. Looking forward to seeing how these come out!

Cheers amigo :passitleft:

That’s awesome, I’ve been thinking of doing the same. Sometimes when at work I just want a peek at them... really cool you got yours set up!
It saves trips outside to the garage to go look in. Currently I can look in from anywhere around the house on any device connected to my wifi and lan.

Dude, you got the old school labels! Cool.

Sorry I've been missing this one! :reading420magazine: Love Dark Devil, grows SO, so sweet and smells like grape-lime jelly in the kit. Phenomenal nose. Looking forward to seeing how these come out!
Cheers amigo :passitleft:
That would be super cool!
Im in for the ride.

Thanks for stopping by. Looks like a few of you are interested in the webcam available publically. Probably set it up and those who want to view can PM me here on the mag and pass the info privately.
In a few minutes I will start writing an update with pictures and surprises. Laterz

Day 18 Update
I really wish I had some plain old nursery pots. The first two pictures are of the same plant from different angles. They are working on their second node of five bladed leaves. So as some may know that I planted six seeds and only four made it. So three of the plants look like the first two pictures...

...and one looks like this. I call it Shrek. lol:yummy:
I will probably keep it in current pot for its lifespan just to see what it does through flower.

Good News! Christmas came in July and Santa brought me a present
Twelve more of Critical Jack/Dark Devil Auto that you saw above aka CDD. Also you can see the extras that came with it. :yahoo: I prepped three pots with fresh soil from bins the same way as the first batch of seeds. Dropped in two of the new CCDs and one of the Jackie White/Purple Mayhem. So if things go to plan I will have five CDDs and a JW/PM in seven gallons and keeping Shrek in its one gallon.

Group shots:
I am pretty sure I have the lights adjusted properly for now. I noticed they are a little pale in color and I believe my earlier comment at the beginning of this post about wishing I had nursery pots gets explained now. My pots didnt drain as much water out as i thought. I believe they are that color because their feet are too wet. My crappy store bought pots need additional holes drilled to provide better drainage. They look over watered but i havent given any water after initial planting. They will snap out of it when the pot dries out. Peace out.

Day 18 Update
I really wish I had some plain old nursery pots. The first two pictures are of the same plant from different angles. They are working on their second node of five bladed leaves. So as some may know that I planted six seeds and only four made it. So three of the plants look like the first two pictures...

...and one looks like this. I call it Shrek. lol:yummy:
I will probably keep it in current pot for its lifespan just to see what it does through flower.

Good News! Christmas came in July and Santa brought me a present
Twelve more of Critical Jack/Dark Devil Auto that you saw above aka CDD. Also you can see the extras that came with it. :yahoo: I prepped three pots with fresh soil from bins the same way as the first batch of seeds. Dropped in two of the new CCDs and one of the Jackie White/Purple Mayhem. So if things go to plan I will have five CDDs and a JW/PM in seven gallons and keeping Shrek in its one gallon.

Group shots:
I am pretty sure I have the lights adjusted properly for now. I noticed they are a little pale in color and I believe my earlier comment at the beginning of this post about wishing I had nursery pots gets explained now. My pots didnt drain as much water out as i thought. I believe they are that color because their feet are too wet. My crappy store bought pots need additional holes drilled to provide better drainage. They look over watered but i havent given any water after initial planting. They will snap out of it when the pot dries out. Peace out.

Hey TB, looking great over here man! Love Shrek... what a funny looking lady eh?
On those pots... I used to just rip those bottoms off. They area on there pretty good, but with some gentle yet firm pressure you should be able to get those bottoms off there. They won't be as pretty but they sure will drain better!

Hey TB, looking great over here man! Love Shrek... what a funny looking lady eh?
On those pots... I used to just rip those bottoms off. They area on there pretty good, but with some gentle yet firm pressure you should be able to get those bottoms off there. They won't be as pretty but they sure will drain better!

I would do that but then the bottom will be uneven and fall over. I'm going to set the pots on the top rung of a four foot ladder and drill up through the round holes in the ladder that was designed hold tools. Just need to shield the drill from water drainage.

I would do that but then the bottom will be uneven and fall over. I'm going to set the pots on the top rung of a four foot ladder and drill up through the round holes in the ladder that was designed hold tools. Just need to shield the drill from water drainage.

Been there before! There's no avoiding that water coming down, I just ended up drilling at an angle, and trying to work quickly.

Can't wait to see how these little guys come out! Esepcially curious about the CDD, sounds likea strain I'd like to grow and schmoke myself.

Cheers TB, looking good so far!

:passitleft:

Been there before! There's no avoiding that water coming down, I just ended up drilling at an angle, and trying to work quickly.

Can't wait to see how these little guys come out! Esepcially curious about the CDD, sounds likea strain I'd like to grow and schmoke myself.

Cheers TB, looking good so far!

:passitleft:

This is what I made to protect the drill from water. Only one pot dripped water out.

I noticed while handling all the pots that the first batch of four were much lighter then the second batch of three I planted yesterday. I think by next weekend those three plants will be much darker in color. Shrek will be the wildcard.

I was looking at the first three girls and decided it was a perfect time to micro- top them. I cut off the second node past the first set of five bladed leaves. Technically the fourth node if you count the first and only set of three bladed leaves. Now topped it will branch out in two places instead of one main up shoot.

Weenmeoff,
i dont know if you have seen these yet but, here is the spring i go to. They designed it to exit on the right out of a pipe but mother nature had a different plan after a while. It comes out a crack/hole at the bottom you see in the second picture. All i had to do was figure out a way to fill five gallon jugs from the bottom. :hmmmm: I attached two plastic 1/2 " tubes to a piece of wood and, Voila!

I used a rock to push down one end into the flow and...

... the bottle slightly curves it down.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom