Dinsdale's Perpetual Grow - Exotic Thai - Flo - NYC Diesel & More

Quick update on the 6 clones I took on July 1st:

• 2x Flo
  • 2x Exotic Thai #1
  • 2x Exotic Thai #2
So far so good. I guess they all survived the transplant into solo cups. The ones which rooted first are already growing quite vigorously and healthily. (I clipped all leaves when I took the cuttings, so all unclipped leaves are new growth.) The other ones look like they had a bit more trouble getting used to their new environment outside of the humidity dome, but I think they'll adjust in the next few days and start growing faster pretty soon.

CIMG88441.JPG

Thank you for your attention! :thanks:

They look like happy clones! :goodjob:

Have you formed a plan on veg time/training yet?

Have you formed a plan on veg time/training yet?

No, not yet. Maybe a bit of topping and LST but nothing fancy. My first two grows were scrogs, so I wanna let them grow more naturally this time around.
As for veg time, I guess it'll depend on what happens with the rest of the plants. I'm new to this perpetual grow thing, so I'll have to figure out how to use the available space wisely without overcrowding the tents. I know I should plan ahead, but I feel my estimates would be dead wrong anyway. So I'll just go with the flow, I'll adjust things when needed and I'll learn from my mistakes along the way.

I just know that one of the two Flo clones is gonna stay in veg as a mother plant. And I'll have to decide if I put the four Exotic Thai clones into flowering or if I keep two of them as new mother plants while I put the two current original mothers (from seeds) into flowering instead. (I'm not sure what I'm saying is clear, it's a bit complicated to explain with all those plants everywhere! :laughtwo:)

Hey guys!
Here's an update and a recap of the current situation in the tents.

Flower tent (3x3x6):

• Flo, day 4 of flowering
  • CBD, day 4 of flowering
  • Flo, day 0 of flowering
  • CBD, day 0 of flowering

I decided to put two more plants into flowering today. Initially, I wanted to let them fully recover from the nitrogen deficiency, but the veg tent is gonna be very crowded very soon with all the new clones I took, so I made the move earlier than anticipated. I don't know if this will impact their flowering a lot or not. Time will tell, I guess.

Flo, day 4, top left / Flo, day 0, bottom left / CBD, day 4, top right / CBD, day 0, bottom right
CIMG8861.JPG

Veg tent (2x2x4):

• Exotic Thai #1, from seed, week 7 of veg
  • Exotic Thai #2, from seed, week 7 of veg
  • Flo, monstercropped clone, week 9 since cutting
  • CBD, monstercropped clone, week 9 since cutting
  • NYC Diesel, tiny monstercropped clone, week 9 since cutting
  • 2x Flo, clone, day 16 since cutting
  • 2x Exotic Thai #1, clone, day 16 since cutting
  • 2x Exotic Thai #2, clone, day 16 since cutting
  • NYC Diesel, cutting in the humidity dome, day 5 since cutting, no roots yet

The new clones already have a lot of roots (I can see them through the white solo cups) and they grow waaaaay faster than the monstercropped clones which took a few weeks to re-veg. I will transplant these new clones into bigger pots in the next few days. When this is done, there will be seven more pots in that tent. In order to be able to fit them all in there, I will probably have to take the risk of moving the two Exotic Thai mothers into flowering and make sure at least one Exotic Thai #1 clone and one Exotic Thai #2 clone survive to become my new mother plants.

CIMG8862.JPG

Here's a closeup of the Exotic Thai #1 mother plant. She has a beautiful, very symetrical structure. If I put her into flowering, she'll have six nice colas.

CIMG88561.JPG

Here's a closeup of the six new clones (day 16 since cutting). They're growing fast... maybe too fast!

CIMG8858.JPG

:Namaste:

Hey everyone!

There was a lot of changes in the tents today!

I went ahead and actually put the two Exotic Thai mother plants into the 3x3 flowering tent to make room in the 2x2 veg tent. So there's now six plants in flowering under the 125W (true wattage) full spectrum Cree COB light. The photoperiod is 11/13: Light goes on at 10pm and goes off at 9am.

CIMG8866.JPG

Then, in the 2x2 veg tent, I transplanted four clones from solo cups into bigger pots:

• Exotic Thai #1, day 17 since cutting
  • Exotic Thai #2, day 17 since cutting
  • Flo, day 17 since cutting
  • NYC Diesel, day 64 (!) since cutting
These four plants are gonna be my new mother plants. Then, when I can taste the final product of the two Exotic Thai plants that went into flowering today, I'll decide if I keep #1 or #2.

As of now, there's still three other clones in solo cups in the veg tent, on top of the humidity dome: one Flo, one Exotic Thai #1 and one Exotic Thai #2. And inside the humidity dome, there's one cutting of NYC Diesel in a Root Riot cube with no roots yet at day 6.

CIMG8864.JPG

On a side note, I need to go my local growshop tomorrow and buy some fresh soil and nutrients to replenish the stock.

Thanks again for following along! :thanks:

Looking Good DD,

Getting them in sync is key and start to play a little with each one differently to find the best training for you set-up is a ongoing experiment that will reward!:goodjob:

:thanks:

Yes, getting the timing right is definitely key and it's one of the hardest thing to grasp as a beginner, IMHO. You have to anticipate a lot and it's quite challenging when you lack experience. But hey, whatever happens, happens. Everything in life is a learning experience so there's no way to lose in this game!

No big changes today, just basic maintenance.

In the 3x3 flower tent, I removed a few small lower growth tips and leaves, just to optimize growth and air circulation.
Also, it looks to me like the two Exotic Thai are starting to stretch fast. The four other plants, not so much. I guess they're still recovering from the nitrogen deficiency.

CIMG8870.JPG

In the 2x2 veg tent, the 18 days old clones are doing great so far in their new pots. They keep growing fast and they look healthy.
The 60+ days old monstercropped CBD clone that was severely yellowing (right in the center of the tent) is now showing clear signs of recovery after being fed correctly. Her new growth is green again now.
Meanwhile, still no roots on the NYCD cutting in the humidity dome at day 8.

CIMG8872.JPG

That's all, folks!

Quick update on the recently harvested buds.

They are now all dry and curing in glass jars. Final yield is 17.2 grams total, which doesn't seem much but it should last me at least four months at my current rate of consumption. And since I'm not in a hurry, I plan on a nice long curing phase of two to three months. It's gonna be interesting to taste some of those buds along the way to see how the aromas and flavors evolve and develop in all their complexity and glory!
:yummy:

CIMG8892.JPG

CIMG8896.JPG

:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom