Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Looks like I REALLY missed the memo....what is WAX10? .....Anyone?

Way Ahead 10X is a foliar additive that helps with Mg deficiencies often experienced in LED grows (although not limited to LED).

Well thank you Mr. Cheese :thanks:

What page is the WA10x mentioned on? Was told it was for OG strains, comes with the kit, doesn't come with the kit and now it's for LED grows. Need to read up on it getting ready to put seeds in kit soil and would be handy to know all the ins and outs or if we need to order this or not.

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

You may be thinking of the OG drench. I don't think WA10 is strain specific. It does not come in the kit.

You may be thinking of the OG drench. I don't think WA10 is strain specific. It does not come in the kit.

Thanks ween, truthful not sure what I'm thinking anymore lol. Already a bit nervous with this, just put 4 green crack and 2 purple Kush into 1gal in kit soil. Made a little hole, placed a pinch of Roots in the hole, placed the popped seed in it, lightly covered it with soil. Kit soil was still moist and felt a bit warm so hope I didn't already F anything up.

Thanks ween, truthful not sure what I'm thinking anymore lol. Already a bit nervous with this, just put 4 green crack and 2 purple Kush into 1gal in kit soil. Made a little hole, placed a pinch of Roots in the hole, placed the popped seed in it, lightly covered it with soil. Kit soil was still moist and felt a bit warm so hope I didn't already F anything up.

It's really pretty easy. Instead of polling everyone on what they'd do....try to follow the directions at first and then you'll learn what YOU'll do.

Hi Gang,

Am about 16 hours into a raging 24 hour snow storm, 9 inches on the ground and counting....gawd how I hate the Midwest....gonna be -20 below next week....my only saving grace is that I spent the day in the grow rooms, mixing new soil, shop vaccing, and cleaning up after a flower room #1 harvest...also weighed and measured requests for 2 patients for when we will meet for lunch on Friday and I will deliver them their gratis allotment for the first 6 months of 2017.

I reconfigured the flower room #1 lighting and have declared 2017 the year of "The Grow Room Environment" in honor of Doc Bud. Extra hard to do when you have the extreme temps that we do in the Midwest.....never a dull moment...(understatement)....I recently got a rave review from my wholesale buyer....he bought a strain of mine that his "people" really love....he bought the same strain from another grower and his people said "WTF" so high brix cannabis rules and it just motivates me to get better and better...

I got my backup 3-5 gallon water buckets up off the concrete-Check
I got my 7 gallon pots up off the concrete on upside down rugs-Check
I mixed my 2-30 gallon soil containers and put them up on pillows off the concrete to cook-Check

My flower rooms look like bedouin tents, LOL. Kind of exotic....not a bad look...I'm not worried.....I'm a neatnik and 4 months will not kill the rugs....

Peace be with all of you.....:hug:

Hi Gang,

Am about 16 hours into a raging 24 hour snow storm, 9 inches on the ground and counting....gawd how I hate the Midwest....gonna be -20 below next week....my only saving grace is that I spent the day in the grow rooms, mixing new soil, shop vaccing, and cleaning up after a flower room #1 harvest...also weighed and measured requests for 2 patients for when we will meet for lunch on Friday and I will deliver them their gratis allotment for the first 6 months of 2017.

I reconfigured the flower room #1 lighting and have declared 2017 the year of "The Grow Room Environment" in honor of Doc Bud. Extra hard to do when you have the extreme temps that we do in the Midwest.....never a dull moment...(understatement)....I recently got a rave review from my wholesale buyer....he bought a strain of mine that his "people" really love....he bought the same strain from another grower and his people said "WTF" so high brix cannabis rules and it just motivates me to get better and better...

I got my backup 3-5 gallon water buckets up off the concrete-Check
I got my 7 gallon pots up off the concrete on upside down rugs-Check
I mixed my 2-30 gallon soil containers and put them up on pillows off the concrete to cook-Check

My flower rooms look like bedouin tents, LOL. Kind of exotic....not a bad look...I'm not worried.....I'm a neatnik and 4 months will not kill the rugs....

Peace be with all of you.....:hug:

A great read Shawnee. :high-five: Might I make a suggestion? The interlocking rubber mats sold in the big box hardware stores can serve as an excellent insulator beneath the pots. I have my kitchen floor covered with them, and they're always warm underfoot. Easy to clean as well.

Good luck with the winter storm. :hug: :love:

That's an excellent idea Sue. I'm over here just building 5ftx5ft pallets like Mcgiver. Wish I would've thought of that!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Picture_014229.jpg
Picture_013235.jpg
Picture_011266.jpg
Picture_010286.jpg
Picture_009296.jpg
Picture_008299.jpg
Picture_007327.jpg
Picture_005366.jpg
Picture_004383.jpg
Picture_003390.jpg

Always with the perfectly healthy plants. Dont you get sick of it?

Not all of 'em are perfectly healthy. I've got a couple that are having a losing battle with mites this time.....

I've got to get the room back to first run soil ASAP to get these bugs under control. Lowering brix and raising soil energy via bloodmeal might be good for flavor on a couple strains, but it weakens the plants so much they can't fight the bugs like they should.

BTW, that sweet Tangie has no mites....it's in first run soil.

Not all of 'em are perfectly healthy. I've got a couple that are having a losing battle with mites this time.....

I've got to get the room back to first run soil ASAP to get these bugs under control. Lowering brix and raising soil energy via bloodmeal might be good for flavor on a couple strains, but it weakens the plants so much they can't fight the bigs like they should.

BTW, that sweet Tangie has no mites....it's in first run soil.

I'm curious what steps your taking to get them to the end in the midst of infestation. How late into flower will u spray the leaf wash? Anything else?

I'm curious what steps your taking to get them to the end in the midst of infestation. How late into flower will u spray the leaf wash? Anything else?

The current mite management looks like this:

Vigorous washing of fresh cuttings under faucet, almost on high. This is when all the fans are taken and they're ready to go into plugs. After washing them I plug and put in the clone tray, or in soil with a frosty/clear colored plastic cup as a humidity dome. The idea is to get them into the veg cycle mite free.

In veg I do thorough Leaf Wash's several times, cranking the sprayer up all the way and blasting the crap out of every inch. This is done the day I transplant and bloom as well.

In bloom, I follow up with another leaf wash or two...but I don't like to use it once trichomes start to form in abundance. It's oil based.

All foliars are applied in a way that I imagine irritates the mites. Late in bloom I'll use something like Azatrol or Azamax if it's an emergency, but normally I can blast 'em with foliars to the point they don't do too much damage. I strive to get through the entire grow without resorting to a miticide, even a "safe" one. Both SloTown805 and I are getting through a pretty insane super-mite infestation without using any "serious" stuff. The product is still clean as ever.

I'm going to bleach the entire grow room down after I harvest the next tray and see if that doesn't help, along with going back to first run soil. That alone usually makes them disappear.

Back
Top Bottom