Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

For some reason I just feel like those 15 gal pot would be taking more than 1.5 gal of each time you feed, but my brain ain't always right.

You re probably right Seven. I was trying to increase the drench vs dry cycle based off a post Doc made in the Lab journal. He suggested to lessen the amount of water to increase the waterings per a week, possibly increasing resin production ...more of something to try and observe if the results are good.

420-magazine-mobile1383868538.jpg

I may have gone too far with reducing the amount, as Shiggity stated, am not taking full advantage of the cat drench effects. Plus it has been very laborious feeding everything every 3 days, plus all the "other" work in a perpetual grow.

DL

When I water my 4 plants in 7 gal pots, I use 3.5 gal of liquid. At times (mostly during the mid-bloom explosion) they'll need watering every other day. As flowering peaks and plant metabolism slackens, they'll only need watering every 3rd or 4th day. That's also an indication for me as to their state of "doneness". I didn't plan it this way, I simply didn't have any 5 gal buckets on hand so used the 3.5's I did have and settled on this regimen.

I'm dealing with a power outage and need advice. Graytail Sia's I will be ok if just for a day or two but now it's out until tomorrow till noon or so. The light schedule is 9am to 9pm off and the were off since yesterday at 9am and won't go on until tomorrow at 9pm so it'll be 60 hours in the dark. Is that ok or should I give em some day light? Keep in mind they would normally be in the dark and obviously are.

I'm dealing with a power outage and need advice. Graytail Sia's I will be ok if just for a day or two but now it's out until tomorrow till noon or so. The light schedule is 9am to 9pm off and the were off since yesterday at 9am and won't go on until tomorrow at 9pm so it'll be 60 hours in the dark. Is that ok or should I give em some day light? Keep in mind they would normally be in the dark and obviously are.

I would try and break the darkness with some light as long as you can do it and still have 12 hours dark before the lights come back on again. This way the light will break down the florigen that has been building up all this time in the dark. Light destroys florigen and then you can have 12 hours darkness to build up normal levels of florigen. If you don't break the cycle florigen will build up for the total 60 hours and the plants will think Armageddon has come and may accelerate ripening and just decide to finish out. What week of flowering are you on?

If you're in bloom, you'll be OK. In veg, you've got trouble.

Do what you have to to save them is my thought. If you can get them some day light and it won't stress them to the point of killing them then that's what should be done. I would think. But let the masters jump in here where they can. I think anything is gonna cause stress after so much time without out light

Uh oh, yeah, this'll mess up the veggers. :straightface:

Hmmm ... :hmmmm: ... I was thinking like Shiggity - see if you can get the bloomers a little light during their typical day. But the veggers should especially get some strong light - two days of dark isn't a lot, but it'll start the bloom hormones and slow 'em down a bit. It doesn't take a lot of time, just a half hour or so a couple times during their cycle, to be sure they don't go 12 hours without any light. 60-some hours of dark makes me a little nervous.

... If it's not a terrible hassle ...

I would try and break the darkness with some light as long as you can do it and still have 12 hours dark before the lights come back on again. This way the light will break down the florigen that has been building up all this time in the dark. Light destroys florigen and then you can have 12 hours darkness to build up normal levels of florigen. If you don't break the cycle florigen will build up for the total 60 hours and the plants will think Armageddon has come and may accelerate ripening and just decide to finish out. What week of flowering are you on?

Shit, I didn't see this post Shiggs. Not sure what to do now. Can I open the door to the tent and will that be enough light? Part of my problem is I have to go up of town until tomorrow afternoon and my gf cannot lift these.

Exit to add that their normal day is during the night, downside to.that I guess.

Uh oh, yeah, this'll mess up the veggers. :straightface:

Hmmm ... :hmmmm: ... I was thinking like Shiggity - see if you can get the bloomers a little light during their typical day. But the veggers should especially get some strong light - two days of dark isn't a lot, but it'll start the bloom hormones and slow 'em down a bit. It doesn't take a lot of time, just a half hour or so a couple times during their cycle, to be sure they don't go 12 hours without any light. 60-some hours of dark makes me a little nervous.

... If it's not a terrible hassle ...

I put the veggers outside. No problem but their normal dark period was from 2_6pm and power went out last night at815 and I just put them outside.

For the bloom girls, lights are normally out now, 9am to 9pm. Should I give em each light now or just leave em?

Veggers outside

IMG_20170519_130916.jpg

IMG_20170519_130940.jpg

Ok definitely enough light. Will do now for 15, have my GF do another 15 minutes before it gets dark​tonight which will be a hour or so before normal lights on and then tomorrow am just before normal lights out. Sound good?

I'm guessing the veggers will be ok since they had 2:15 of light xbefore the outage then 12 hours of now soon for 8 them 8 of dark.

Sorry n for the hijack Doc and thanks everyone.

So I posted this at my journal but time is of the essence so am putting it here too. Thanks Doc, Shiggs, Gray, Duggan and Mag!

So I opened the tent at about 2pm until now. The power is back on, I am not home so I need your help again so I can tell my gf what to do.

Lights went out at 9am yesterday and at about 9pm last night when I thought the lights were gonna come back on at 10:15 per power companies website, I hung an LED light in there but it keep going off since it wasn't charged, did that a couple times then it was dark in there until 2pm today when it got some day light.

Lights normally go on at 9 but they got about 5.5 hours of daylight today.

I'm sorry I'm such a Major PITA (hi major) but can you guys let me know what you think I should do?

I'm thinking I should turn the lights on and let them go for 5 hours then off for 12 and that will be the new schedule....?

So I posted this at my journal but time is of the essence so am putting it here too. Thanks Doc, Shiggs, Gray, Duggan and Mag!

So I opened the tent at about 2pm until now. The power is back on, I am not home so I need your help again so I can tell my gf what to do.

Lights went out at 9am yesterday and at about 9pm last night when I thought the lights were gonna come back on at 10:15 per power companies website, I hung an LED light in there but it keep going off since it wasn't charged, did that a couple times then it was dark in there until 2pm today when it got some day light.

Lights normally go on at 9 but they got about 5.5 hours of daylight today.

I'm sorry I'm such a Major PITA (hi major) but can you guys let me know what you think I should do?

I'm thinking I should turn the lights on and let them go for 5 hours then off for 12 and that will be the new schedule....?

If I'm hearing you right I would just leave them on and turn them off at normal time. What say everyone else?

If I did that they would be getting 19 hours of light because I had the tent opened today from 2-8 and normal lights on was 9pm making that 7 hours plus another 12. I set the lights to go off in about 5 hours so it's approximately 12 total even though 7 of it was diminished.

Back
Top Bottom