Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I tried it more than once, knowing I have fat fingers. I'm not really a computer whizz and have to work at it. It can be frustrating when you hit a dead end and don't know what to do.

re:the changing medical laws:

If government wants to regulate, it's almost impossible to do that with thousands of small growers - much easier with just a few corporate entities. You can brew all the beer and wine you want (within limits), but you can't sell it to other people.

Anyone remember the lesson of the gold rushes? The money wasn't in gold mining - it was in supplying. :cheesygrinsmiley: I think the future of HB growing is in consulting work. If everyone is allowed 6 plants in their home, then we can just grow the plants in their home instead of ours, right? :laugh:

No problemo.

If government wants to regulate, it's almost impossible to do that with thousands of small growers - much easier with just a few corporate entities. You can brew all the beer and wine you want (within limits), but you can't sell it to other people.

Anyone remember the lesson of the gold rushes? The money wasn't in gold mining - it was in supplying. :cheesygrinsmiley: I think the future of HB growing is in consulting work. If everyone is allowed 6 plants in their home, then we can just grow the plants in their home instead of ours, right? :laugh:

No problemo.

That's an interesting thought. But then you have grown in 10 houses 60 plants. You have all product, what do you do with it. Back to the black market? It's all just politics, they want the power and control. And in the end they have it because they already do and they will never relinquish it, period! Even when it appears like they have, they haven't.

That's an interesting thought. But then you have grown in 10 houses 60 plants. You have all product, what do you do with it. Back to the black market? It's all just politics, they want the power and control. And in the end they have it because they already do and they will never relinquish it, period! Even when it appears like they have, they haven't.

Believe me, I detest regulations, but what about pesticide residue, etc? When you walk into a dispensary, do you want to know what you're buying? Yes you do, so there have to be some tests, some rules. And who's gonna do that? Da govt. :straightface: So ... politics. And govt will always want to apply its own cookie-cutter methods - standard stuff - forms and inspections and violations, etc. They aren't interested in anything "better" or "more efficient" or "smarter" etc. And of course, an entire industry exists that feeds on the regulatory environment. Lawyers and accountants and lobbyists. Voila, new legislation completed! Everything works as it "should". Everyone but the little guy is happy.

So I don't have high hopes for boutique growers with a personal clientele. That wholesaler model that Shawnee is working with seems like a perfect thing, but I doubt that govt regulators respect it very much, so it may not last and it's doubtful that many other States will adopt it.

But the consultant/supplier model always works.

:slide:

Believe me, I detest regulations, but what about pesticide residue, etc? When you walk into a dispensary, do you want to know what you're buying? Yes you do, so there have to be some tests, some rules. And who's gonna do that? Da govt. :straightface: So ... politics. And govt will always want to apply its own cookie-cutter methods - standard stuff - forms and inspections and violations, etc. They aren't interested in anything "better" or "more efficient" or "smarter" etc. And of course, an entire industry exists that feeds on the regulatory environment. Lawyers and accountants and lobbyists. Voila, new legislation completed! Everything works as it "should". Everyone but the little guy is happy.

So I don't have high hopes for boutique growers with a personal clientele. That wholesaler model that Shawnee is working with seems like a perfect thing, but I doubt that govt regulators respect it very much, so it may not last and it's doubtful that many other States will adopt it.

But the consultant/supplier model always works.

:slide:

I apologize, I miss read and didn't address that part. As in all products we ingest there are many many health products sold over the counter and online with the "not approved by the FDA" label in them. Or how ever it is labeled. But we as consumers will make whatever choice we decided to make to ingest what we feel is right. I think it may come down to that type of marketing for the healthiest, highest quality product

Great evening to ya Gray, Doc, and gang, i would love to consult...once i figure out what i'm doing!:tokin: Would love to travel around showing people (small growers ) how to succeed, in growing their own medicine . You say there is a market for it Gray....i think you may be right. Marilyn has said i should do that too....Anyhow , have an awesome Sat. night everyone!:circle-of-love::Namaste::high-five:

No problemo.

I appreciate your thoughts, Graytail.....I just watched a rerun of Farm Aid......I see a resurgence of high brixers who want farm to table organic cannabis instead of Monsanto grown corn....I am a very old hippie who is anti war, anti government, and just want to live my life in freedom, which is becoming harder and harder..... :Namaste:

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

.I'm smiling more now as I just got off the phone with my grams. She's a stubborn but charming little old lady. She's so awesome, she's the one of only reasons I even go back to my birth city.

Cherish that relationship with her and spend as much time with her as you can while you can. ;)

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Cherish that relationship with her and spend as much time with her as you can while you can. ;)

I do and I try. I don't have my parents, I didn't have the relationship with them that I have with here. If I could turn back the clock; I wish I I could change so many things with those two people.

Mag, again we have so much in common...my dad 88 and mom 84 with alzheimers....so hard and gutting emotionally....

No problemo.

Graytail ..love your presence .. :thanks:

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Mag, again we have so much in common...my dad 88 and mom 84 with alzheimers....so hard and gutting emotionally....

My grams is 84. She is as lovely as ever but not so health wise. Just regular older age stuff I believe. But she I Nevada and has all the opportunity to take advantage. My uncle is a grower and has spoken with her but she for some reason down quite understand. I asked her why. She believes that we just want to get her high. I tried to explain differently.

She doesn't eat. No appetite, food doesn't taste good. All do to the pharma she takes. I think just a very small amount would help with appetite. Make food taste better. I don't know, I just want her to feel better.

She lives so far away, sux.

Please, call me Seven

I apologize, I miss read and didn't address that part. As in all products we ingest there are many many health products sold over the counter and online with the "not approved by the FDA" label in them. Or how ever it is labeled. But we as consumers will make whatever choice we decided to make to ingest what we feel is right. I think it may come down to that type of marketing for the healthiest, highest quality product

Couldn't agree more , sad thing is just about everything in the produce section is laced with pesticides.

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

No problemo.

Never mind

Back
Top Bottom