Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I would love to see Doc grow some of the super potent dank cup winning crosses and cuts that have just been bred or "brought out of the closet" within the last few years. Doc, you do use some elite clones right? I would like to know if the new hype is better than the old. That's just me though.
I can't grow enough right now( or have access ) to "test" those recent champions. Doc Bud and his meticulous methods, to me, seem to be making the happiest home for just about any plant.
I'm just daydreaming really. I'll be moving to CO in mid March and stepping up my growing big time.:tommy::slide: so if anyone has any GOOD advice please send me a PM.

I have access to all kinds of strains, clones and seeds. I have more strains in seed form than I'll ever grow in my lifetime and I can easily get the latest and greatest clones of whatever. In fact, I've got authentic Wedding Cake coming next week.

The thing is all the "new" stuff is nothing more than all the old stuff combined and re-arranged. Most of it isnt' as good as the old stuff, IMO. Some of it is incredible.....

I was thinking along the same lines. Ive seen pics of cup winners.

"But I'm up against the best of the best and many of them have access to the latest and greatest strains, while I concentrate on the old stuff and stuff that no one has heard about."

If you're packing Doc's lemon paki or champagne those new fangled strain growers have their work cut out.

Paki looks as good as anything that's won before....going by pictures, trichome density, etc. But who knows what the other stuff is like? I'll be sampling as much as I can!

To a person, my circle of support is far more confident than I am regarding the cup. We shall see!

Good luck at the LA Cup Doc! Don't forget about us when you are famous! haha..

Things seem to be going as expected. Growth is very slow up top. Lots of small bud sites. Roots were circling the bottom of the pot. I have been watering as Doc advised and letting them dry completely each time. I think the gallon pot is about spent as the vibrant green is starting to fade. Today I re potted 1 girl in 7 gallon smart pot per kit directions.
0205151655.jpg

Good luck at the LA Cup Doc! Don't forget about us when you are famous! haha..

Things seem to be going as expected. Growth is very slow up top. Lots of small bud sites. Roots were circling the bottom of the pot. I have been watering as Doc advised and letting them dry completely each time. I think the gallon pot is about spent as the vibrant green is starting to fade. Today I re potted 1 girl in 7 gallon smart pot per kit directions.
0205151655.jpg

Are you dunking them in the gallon pots? That really helps.

I'll bet the roots had pretty much locked up that soil into a big sponge, eh?

Hey Doc, Lots goin on...good times! Youl'l rock the cup Doc....i feel it....just about every time i have a puff:blunt: The biggest factor in those things really comes down to one thing....for the win....and that's how GREAT it taste's. Say what you want about the buzz....or how it looks,it's all about the flavour! Of course all the other stuff matters.....but nothing hits you better,than how it taste's. What you have ,will win....you just don't know for what,yet. You have just about perfected what we do , so how can it not win?
Anyhow,enjoy ! Cheers eh, goin for a Stella,and a puff....Duggs.:high-five:

Top of the day to ya "gang".
Big time win for Graytail....:bravo:

I guess what everyone is saying is, if it really is a blind test you've got a good chance. ;)

I've never even been to a cup, but involved in other "subjective" competitions, and your expectations are spot on...both current and future. I hope you win, but selfishly, I think we'll all win as a result of the brix clan descending on this event. :)

:cool:

First time represented.....think about it....the amoeba shoots out a spore.....the rest will be history no matter what. I give Doc Bud 420 reps for getting out there in the first place. Not everyone can do that. So, rejoice....whatever happens will be grand. :yahoo:

Thanks Ziggy, I've never seen triches so soon. It's hard to see them because of my terrible pictures. I've grown some frosty "heathy" plants before but I've never seen frost this early. I swear there were trichomes forming before I flipped to 12/12.

No frame of reference FF! Do they feel ready? I always go by what I feel the plant is feeling...but thats just me I reckon :)
This grow has been under unusual circumstances. I only get to visit my plants about every 3 days so it's hard to get tuned to their vibe. I switched to 12/12 twenty five days ago but it's been getting down to 59° F during the day when lights are off. I'm slightly at the mercy of mother nature. Thank God all that is about to change with the move.

This grow has been under unusual circumstances. I only get to visit my plants about every 3 days so it's hard to get tuned to their vibe. I switched to 12/12 twenty five days ago but it's been getting down to 59° F during the day when lights are off. I'm slightly at the mercy of mother nature. Thank God all that is about to change with the move.

Flowerfarmer, can you install a digital heater on a timer?...ex..goes on just before lights off and then off just after the lights go on
I picked up a digital heater from a warehouse store today. It actually has a timer, but its for the number of hours on, not an actual time set.
Im thinking for my next grow room,p and grow a couple degree difference in night temperature may benefit a short grow(12/12, or 11/13 from seed). Wont know until I try it. :)
I was thinking of playing Willie Nelson music to help stimulate(big maybe:)) my WNs, but then my 420 taste tester started wearing off and thought, one doesnt give diesel to Sour Diesel ...:rofl:
-im 'Goal Setting' going next year to the LACC, and will make it happen! :thumb:

Doc, have you thought about maybe donating a kit or 2 to some local schools or community grows for them to learn about HB (not weed lol) and nutrient dense foods early on?
I would donate to that :)

I'm not ready to go full time with the "kit" business just yet, it's hard enough keeping up with orders as it is. I've got some part time help, but I'm waiting for the right time to lever up, get web presence, etc. I need a better shipping/receiving set up, which will require some work, which will require some time.....which I am not willing to give up just yet.....

Soon. When I feel the time is right I'll probably donate to the community garden and some church gardens first. School's aren't allowed to eat healthy food around here.

Back
Top Bottom