DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Re: DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc.

Doc

Love this thread. Its so busy with great info. Your my supersoil hero man. Im growing almost just like you with the s-soil and teas so similer. I see you post about total alchalinity in soil. Where is some good reading about this? I get pool maintenance on google.

Plants look killer btw. I never thought of growing from seed 12-12. May have to try this.

Your plants look great. I have tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers and beans in my used supersoil outside this year. Works great and the tomatoes love it.

Cona

Looking good doc, I didn't know how to link this to have you peek at my indoor grow of bubba kush skunk clones i just have 10 days under the lights now, but today an odd phenom popped up, and here are a couple of picts. I took em outside and flushed the shit out of them cause i freaked a bit. they are back under the lights. Any thoughts on the vericose veins (yellow in the new leaf growth.
bubba_kush_skunk_vericose_veins.JPG

Plant_shot_of_the_vein_thing.JPG

Another_shot_of_vericose_veins.jpg

I have no idea what to make of this. They had some N2 deficiency from their clone pots and were starting to get their color back then BAM!!! This oddity. I never recall this from growing years ago for a decade.

Sorry bout stuffing these picts on your thread, but i know you will have an idea what i (did or didn't do).

BTW, your latest picts are awesome!!! those are so beautiful!

I get the same problem once in a while. It's a zinc deficiency, most likely. Other possibilities are sulfur and iron.....many times all 3 travel together.

I use a product called Liquinox, available at hardware stores, nursuries, home de Pot, etc. Get on it pronto!

ok will do. I will not be back to the garden till Saturday, but i will address it. I will grab the stuff today.

Your space jills are supa dupa!! at 62 days from germ that is amazing!

DocBud said:
Here's an update.

These plants were all germinated on the same day.....they are 62 days old. What a difference genetics make!

The Willie Nelsons have pre-flowers, while the Space Jill's are half done, frosted up junior monter colas. All have been on a 12/12 schedule from germination.

Working on a mild sulfur deficiency on the tallest Willie Nelson. It's growing like crazy....bottom half of plant is perfect, top half getting yellow. It's getting better, I'm foliar feeding and root feeding some sulfur/iron/zinc.

In no particular order:

Lookin really great Doc! I am looking into 12/12 strains myself. The space jills u have are strictly and utterly amazing lol

post #178-dutch, do u have a pocket microscope? they're not expensive & about the only way to tell anything about tricks this early. clear tricks look like little mushrooms & clear look like an empty glass...milky looks like milk in the glass. understand? oh, & yeah, 5.5 weeks is very early.

post #178-dutch, do u have a pocket microscope? they're not expensive & about the only way to tell anything about tricks this early. clear tricks look like little mushrooms & clear look like an empty glass...milky looks like milk in the glass. understand? oh, & yeah, 5.5 weeks is very early.

Thanks paw-paw. We better not high-jack Doc's thread too much :) but I do appreciate the comment. I did get a USB scope that I can take pictures with as well. Today I took two samples of each plant, and as far as I can tell, they seem to be somewhere between clear and milky. I am still thinking that this one bud was maybe a fluke? Top link in sig for pics.

Doc - those Space Jills look unreal for 62 days. That would be a perfect smaller plant for my next setup (as long as they will clone alright) I hope they smoke as good as they look !

Howdy Doc,

Finally starting up my 300W comparison grow, so will be busy over there, but wanted to pop in and say great work! I found some new soil by the same composting folks that make the Dairy Doo. Hope you can go visit the journal and throw your brief two cents' in.

Know you're a busy guy, sure appreciate all you teach and all we can potentially learn from ya.

:Namaste:

Thanks paw-paw. We better not high-jack Doc's thread too much :) but I do appreciate the comment. I did get a USB scope that I can take pictures with as well. Today I took two samples of each plant, and as far as I can tell, they seem to be somewhere between clear and milky. I am still thinking that this one bud was maybe a fluke? Top link in sig for pics.

Doc - those Space Jills look unreal for 62 days. That would be a perfect smaller plant for my next setup (as long as they will clone alright) I hope they smoke as good as they look !

If the smoke lives up to it's billing, I'll be growing these again too.....so compact and manageable....so damn easy to grow!

Howdy Doc,

Finally starting up my 300W comparison grow, so will be busy over there, but wanted to pop in and say great work! I found some new soil by the same composting folks that make the Dairy Doo. Hope you can go visit the journal and throw your brief two cents' in.

Know you're a busy guy, sure appreciate all you teach and all we can potentially learn from ya.

:Namaste:

I'll be over there for sure! You gonna go organic?

If the smoke lives up to it's billing, I'll be growing these again too.....so compact and manageable....so damn easy to grow!

I'll be over there for sure! You gonna go organic?

soil is all organic, I think SSU and Gravity negate that 'organic' label, no?

Well, yes.....technically even micronutrients negate the label.....but the biology remains the same.

You're gonna rely on microbial action in the soilweb to feed your plants.....right?

Correct. Nothing but the soil, watering with RODI/Cal-mag, and molasses, SSU/Gravity near the finish is all.

You should also add some compost teas, worm teas and perhaps some guano to the mix.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the soil has work castings, and I'll be making compost tea for some waterings.

Update:

Growth is occuring. Finally seeing a few pistils on the Willie Nelson. 14 weeks to go!

It is pointless to veg Willie Nelson....12/12 all the way and it's still huge and bushy.
IMG_17254.JPG

IMG_17265.JPG

IMG_17274.JPG

I topped at the second node, when there were 6 nodes:
IMG_17285.JPG

The Space Jill are probably a month away from being done. They are 2 feet tall and pretty much all bud. Nice and thick, starting to smell delicious and getting frosty! They'll get watered with 5 gallons each of worm tea and snowstorm.
IMG_17313.JPG

IMG_17323.JPG

IMG_17334.JPG

IMG_17363.JPG

Finally, the Purple Paki Haze. It's going to be named Barbara Kush, I believe.
These didn't grow at all, until I cranked up the temps to the low 90's with lights on, and 30% RH. That was the weather report in Chitral. Once I did that, they just took off.

When these girls grow up, they should be a gorgeous purple.
IMG_17403.JPG

IMG_17412.JPG

IMG_17421.JPG

Update:

Growth is occuring. Finally seeing a few pistils on the Willie Nelson. 14 weeks to go!

The Space Jill are probably a month away from being done. They are 2 feet tall and pretty much all bud. Nice and thick, starting to smell delicious and getting frosty! They'll get watered with 5 gallons each of worm tea and snowstorm.

These didn't grow at all, until I cranked up the temps to the low 90's with lights on, and 30% RH. That was the weather report in Chitral. Once I did that, they just took off.

QUOTE]

Good morning! is the 14 weeks normal for that strain indoors? just seems to be a long time is all.
so what size container are those SJs in? is that more of a flush-feed?

really curious as to what made you think to look up the weather there and if those temps need to stay up there will they still purple out without the cooler weather to assist them?

sorry if there are too many questions or the answers are somewhere else...
I really enjoy your journal!
:peace:

Update:

QUOTE]

Good morning! is the 14 weeks normal for that strain indoors? just seems to be a long time is all.
so what size container are those SJs in? is that more of a flush-feed?

really curious as to what made you think to look up the weather there and if those temps need to stay up there will they still purple out without the cooler weather to assist them?

sorry if there are too many questions or the answers are somewhere else...
I really enjoy your journal!
:peace:

The long flowering time is normal for Willie Nelson. It's a cross between two landrace sativas.

I looked up the weather because I got a tip from a guy who actually went there in the early 1970's and brought back beans. He's been growing this stuff since then.

And they'll purple up nicely, because as the fall and winter progress, it starts to snow! I'll lower the temps accordingly.

The Space Jills are in 5 gallon pots. I usually flush every time I water, using what I call the "monsoon" technique.

I let the RH get way up high (not this late in flower, but up until 2 weeks ago) and then I water with two to three times the volume of the pot and lower the RH immediately.

This time, I'll only use 5 gallons per container, so it won't be a complete flush, but the larger the container, the less salt build up you have, so I don't have to run quite as much water through.

I hit it with the tea, however, because that really gets things going.

frosty frosty Doc!
its amazing on how a plant that has been grown indoors for 30+ years still has its genetic memory from its origins on the planet huh... good job on catchin that tip!
12/12 no mercy sativas all the way! i agree i think they do better over all and there isnt a real difference in weight but makes the buds look way better!
long over due but +rep doc!..... well i spoke to soon got to spread it lol

frosty frosty Doc!
its amazing on how a plant that has been grown indoors for 30+ years still has its genetic memory from its origins on the planet huh... good job on catchin that tip!
12/12 no mercy sativas all the way! i agree i think they do better over all and there isnt a real difference in weight but makes the buds look way better!
long over due but +rep doc!..... well i spoke to soon got to spread it lol

Everyone talks about how the Urkle grows so slow....takes forever, etc.

That's because they think it's a norcal strain. It's not! It came from high altitude Pakistan and it likes hot and dry initially, then cold and dry.

I didn't know any of this, and I know a lot of growers who are also quite ignorant of the Purple Urkle in this way.......now I know.

turn up the heat and watch it take off.

be careful w/those willie's, doc, if u plant too many, they might take over u're room & hold it hostage till they finish. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom