DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Hmmm. How long of a veg you think? I was thinking Northern Lights for the strain. I could just use two "Spring" boxes and use the Hawaiian Punch jugs from the start and run 16 in each, to avoid the transplant, and go 12/12.

Questions

Doc, 2 questions if I may.

First; My friend has been getting some of this stuff, supposedly from Calif medical connection that looks like this. All the buds seem from large peanut size to small olive size. Some sort of Kush? Can you tell by looking. Great mellow high.
Kush_chunk_R.jpg

Second; starting to sprout some more seed. The Nirvana (purchased from them) Super Skunk and Papaya were up in 3 days and looking great.
The Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush are sprouting, not growing, looking very unhealthy and dying after 2 or 3 days. Also the freebies from Reverse Privada Kandy Kush, doing the same. Also included freebies were some from Dutch Passion which we planted last night. These were acquired from the Tude and shipped together. Could something have happened in shipping to have harmed them? Some sort of x-ray or what ever the gvt does to mail these days. I would blame Barneys, but different breeders doing the same thing has me concerned. Pic shows as big as they get, then they die. Yet the tap root is mature enough to be out the bottom of the cubes.
Also some were started in rockwool cubes and some in peat pots. exact same results.
VK_sprout_021411R.jpg

Re: Questions

Doc, 2 questions if I may.

First; My friend has been getting some of this stuff, supposedly from Calif medical connection that looks like this. All the buds seem from large peanut size to small olive size. Some sort of Kush? Can you tell by looking. Great mellow high.
Kush_chunk_R.jpg

Second; starting to sprout some more seed. The Nirvana (purchased from them) Super Skunk and Papaya were up in 3 days and looking great.
The Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush are sprouting, not growing, looking very unhealthy and dying after 2 or 3 days. Also the freebies from Reverse Privada Kandy Kush, doing the same. Also included freebies were some from Dutch Passion which we planted last night. These were acquired from the Tude and shipped together. Could something have happened in shipping to have harmed them? Some sort of x-ray or what ever the gvt does to mail these days. I would blame Barneys, but different breeders doing the same thing has me concerned. Pic shows as big as they get, then they die. Yet the tap root is mature enough to be out the bottom of the cubes.
Also some were started in rockwool cubes and some in peat pots. exact same results.
VK_sprout_021411R.jpg

I have no idea for sure what those buds may be......but they look like Romulan. Of course, they could be 40 other things besides that, but I'm seeing lots of Romulan around here, and it looks much like that.

I have no idea what's wrong with your beans....but I think you should seriously consider ditching the rockwool. I think they need food.

Have not started the Snowstorm just yet.....probably 2 feedings from now. I give them molasses about every other watering, in order to keep the little critters in the dirt happy. We've got lot's of leaves, a good, even canopy, perfect temps and humidity and fertile soil.

Will they plump up? Barring disasters and other mishaps they should be my best effort yet.

But I'm in uncharted territory, to a certain extent. They've been given a bit of OC+....not enough to give them all they need, but enough keep them from dropping too many leaves right now. I'm supplementing with actual feedings: Tomato Tone and this guano. I've also got some good commercial ferts if need be.

One other thing I didn't mention: I'm diluting sea water with RO 5 parts RO to 1 part Sea Water and using that for watering. So far, so good.

One thing about this organic stuff....you really need bigger pots if you hope to feed the plants from soil alone. 3 gallons isn't half big enough.

Have not started the Snowstorm just yet.....probably 2 feedings from now. I give them molasses about every other watering, in order to keep the little critters in the dirt happy. We've got lot's of leaves, a good, even canopy, perfect temps and humidity and fertile soil.

Will they plump up? Barring disasters and other mishaps they should be my best effort yet.

But I'm in uncharted territory, to a certain extent. They've been given a bit of OC+....not enough to give them all they need, but enough keep them from dropping too many leaves right now. I'm supplementing with actual feedings: Tomato Tone and this guano. I've also got some good commercial ferts if need be.

One other thing I didn't mention: I'm diluting sea water with RO 5 parts RO to 1 part Sea Water and using that for watering. So far, so good.

One thing about this organic stuff....you really need bigger pots if you hope to feed the plants from soil alone. 3 gallons isn't half big enough.

Well so far so good:wood:for uncharted territory they look amazing:high-five:. How tall are the majority of the larger plants?

Doc those girls are gonna be some amazons. The hot kind. Not the mean kind. That capture you and don't take advantage of you.

I've never been captured by amazons...nice or otherwise. But it sounds like something I might want to try!

I just got done watering them with compost tea, spiked with Peruvian Seabird Guano (10-10-2) and a potassium source. I also top dressed everyone with some Tomato Tone.

This Tomato Tone is great stuff. I highly recommend it. the NPK is 3-4-6 and it has lots of calcium, magnesium and sulfur, and a full compliment of Bio Tone, which are all the little critters that serve up food for our girls.

What I'm trying to do is keep them all quite green for another 2 weeks and then let them fade a bit. Not too much....but a bit.

I'm most impressed with the 3rd Dimension plants! They're in bigger pots, and haven't been fed anything yet. they're green, have great structure, and damn....they stink!

So far, so good.....my best effort so far.

I've never been captured by amazons...nice or otherwise. But it sounds like something I might want to try!

I just got done watering them with compost tea, spiked with Peruvian Seabird Guano (10-10-2) and a potassium source. I also top dressed everyone with some Tomato Tone.

This Tomato Tone is great stuff. I highly recommend it. the NPK is 3-4-6 and it has lots of calcium, magnesium and sulfur, and a full compliment of Bio Tone, which are all the little critters that serve up food for our girls.

What I'm trying to do is keep them all quite green for another 2 weeks and then let them fade a bit. Not too much....but a bit.

I'm most impressed with the 3rd Dimension plants! They're in bigger pots, and haven't been fed anything yet. they're green, have great structure, and damn....they stink!

So far, so good.....my best effort so far.

rock on brotha, sure seems as if u have a great deal of budness in your near future!!!
Your whole soil adventure has turned out to be very impressive thus far my friend!

Hey Doc - Plants look amazing. Wow on the Querkle - big time Sativa pheno expressing itself.

I'm growing a PPP in a smaller hydro cabinet grow I'm doing - so far so good. I'm limited in space, so I'm going to town with the LST on her - I've heard great things about the smoke, so I'm hoping she comes through for me.

Beautiful garden you have my friend!

rock on brotha, sure seems as if u have a great deal of budness in your near future!!!
Your whole soil adventure has turned out to be very impressive thus far my friend!

:headbanger:

I'll be posting pics....the better they look, the more I'll want to take pictures.

Hey Doc - Plants look amazing. Wow on the Querkle - big time Sativa pheno expressing itself.

I'm growing a PPP in a smaller hydro cabinet grow I'm doing - so far so good. I'm limited in space, so I'm going to town with the LST on her - I've heard great things about the smoke, so I'm hoping she comes through for me.

Beautiful garden you have my friend!

Thanks bro! I also like the effect of the PPP, very upbeat and happy.

Hey Doc looking great as always! I don't know how you do it but you always have a spectacular grow that gets even better next time out! Well I do know how you do it since you're kind enough to lay it out for us.

I'm gearing up for a sog, the clones are rooting as we speak. It's mostly going to be hempy, but I'd like to try a few in soil.

I've got a 1.5cf bag of Sunshine Natural & Organic Potting Mix. I've also got the Ironite Mineral Supplement, OC+, epsom salts and crushed garden lime. I can get the tomato tone and anything else lowes or home depot or an organic gardening store supplies.

I've got a few weeks before the soil will be needed. I was thinking I'd just go with the soil and OC+ but if you think I should do otherwise I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Hey Doc looking great as always! I don't know how you do it but you always have a spectacular grow that gets even better next time out! Well I do know how you do it since you're kind enough to lay it out for us.

I'm gearing up for a sog, the clones are rooting as we speak. It's mostly going to be hempy, but I'd like to try a few in soil.

I've got a 1.5cf bag of Sunshine Natural & Organic Potting Mix. I've also got the Ironite Mineral Supplement, OC+, epsom salts and crushed garden lime. I can get the tomato tone and anything else lowes or home depot or an organic gardening store supplies.

I've got a few weeks before the soil will be needed. I was thinking I'd just go with the soil and OC+ but if you think I should do otherwise I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Well, if you're in the expiramentin' mood, why not do one pot in soil/OC+, and the other with Tomato Tone?

If you do that, my predictions will be that the OC+ plant is greener and larger, with more leaves and a bigger yield.....but the Tomato Tone plant has a better finished product.

And that's why I'm pretty much using both!

Well, if you're in the expiramentin' mood, why not do one pot in soil/OC+, and the other with Tomato Tone?

If you do that, my predictions will be that the OC+ plant is greener and larger, with more leaves and a bigger yield.....but the Tomato Tone plant has a better finished product.

And that's why I'm pretty much using both!

haha heck yea you really are begining to bring confidence back to the whole soil thing for me, i just hated dumping chemicals into my soil all the time this grow, it sucked.

Well, don't get too worried about the chemicals. Most of them don't make one iota of difference to the plants.....nitrogen is nitrogen. Some of the chem's aren't good, but most are no problem.

The whole point of organic growing is the subtle flavors and terpenes that can't be brought out with raw chemicals. The critters that live around the roots digest the organic matter and feed really specialized food to the plant in ways that simply can't be duplicated with chemical ferts. But that only applies to soil.

don't be intimidated by growing! It's easy. Most people who have problems do one of two things wrong, which dooms them:

1.)They can't control their environment
2.)They love their plants to death, buy too much crap, feed too much, water too much, etc.

You---or anyone else---can grow exceptional marijuana with 3 things:

Good potting soil
OC+
Micronute supplement.

Add in some molasses, compost tea, and Snowstorm and you're now growing exquisite pot.

It's a simple step from there to totally organic. Is it worth it? Well, I'm going to find out this harvest. My last grow was really great in terms of quality, and I used the OC+ soil, molasses, tea, snowstorm method. Delicious, resinous, potent, smooth and great bag appeal.

Anyone can do it.

But if your environment is crappy, don't expect a good product.

Back
Top Bottom