Dr. Cannabi's Kali Mist - DIY Organic Soil - Medical Grow & Show

Its a good indicator of where you nutrient levels stand. From that point its all about lil tweaks here and there to the nutrients to get the numbers soaring. Anything above 12 and youre doing fantastically! Lol
Its the easiest method ive found to grow our lovely plants Dr :)

What brand should I get scrubby? How do you adjust your brix levels? What are the inputs? I'm very interested as some of the biggest plants I've seen were done using high brix.

It just seemed so complicated compared to OLS.

Can I try it on one plant or dose it require a special soil mix.

Oh crap, look what you've done to me scrubby. I forsee another OCD weekend coming.

Refractometer RF15 with Automatic Temperature Compensation (0-32 Brix)

It does require an amendment that comes with the kit from doc and 30 days of cooking but ive had the same soil for a year now and it keeps getti g better. Theres a journal (curso) in which the author is using 2 year old soil and getting close to 2#s off one plant bro! Its soooo easy! A few mils of feed go into water and pour lol. There are instructions and lots of help to use the kit...trust me lol

I dont have to do anything to adjust brix levels except follow docs directions that are posted in his journal. I wouldnt know how to adjust the #s using your method soil etc. When I prune, defol, whatever ill take a nice leaf and squash it using a pair of pliers that have been cleaned with alcohol and put a couple of drops on the prism then just hold it up to a light and read the numbers. The kit was specifically designed to give our plants higher brix numbers.
Check it out bro...do a bit of reading and see if it interests you! Nice thing is...the kits only $80 that includes shipping.

Thanks brightlight! You're making me blush. I'm really not a very good grower yet. I attribute that plant to the soil used and the genetics. I am the opposite of an intuitive grower. The more attention I pay to my girls, the worse they do lol.

Trying to get this all sorted out with the LOS and enough grow space to raise teens prior to going into the flower tent.

That plant was grown using two California Light Works LEDs (discontinued models) A solar flare 200 (155 actual watts) and a solar storm 400 (365 actual watts). These two lights combined can't even hold the jock strap of the Budmaster II 675 GOD Light. That thing only uses 410 watts and will slay those two lights combined.

Price point is absolutely horrendous though. I paid 2800 for mine shipped. I think the current price is a couple hundred less. That's a good sign. Should continue dropping as new tech becomes available.

Have a great Friday brightlight.

That Moonshine looks beautiful doc :) I love this journal. Thank you for doing it, it's been my morning journal so far today haha. So glad you figured out your light issues a few pages back hahaha, that had me worried. WOW. That is one big investment in a light, but it definitely looks like a Beast. or GOD. ;)

All caught up and subbed. It doesn't look like you'll need my help but the offer is there. and of course as far as emotional support, I'm always growing with you in spirit. :love: :laughtwo:

Thank you soilgirl. :thanks:

Being new to growing I just figure if I put my mistakes up here along with my accomplishments, someone might be able to avoid a lot of the newbie problems we all encounter to some extent. It seems like LOS is the most simple forgiving way to grow mmj. At least it is for me.

That BM 675 GOD light was insanely expensive. I justified it by the quality of meds my current LED lights produce. When I started reading other reports that the GOD was unparalleled in medicine quality, I had to try it. Luckily I only had to pay for 1/2 the equipment I just bought. My side was 2200 bucks which is still ridiculous.

That said, the peace of mind I have with this tent is really worth it (I'll keep telling myself that) lol.

Great to have you on board soilgirl! :welcome:

Howdy GD!

just waiting for my Kali's to get big enough to top and flower. I'm going to take the tops and put them in solo cups with soil and then straight into my flower cabinet. As far as I can tell that's the quickest way to sex them. No roots or anything, just straight into the flower chamber. Let's see if my brown thumb can screw this up LOL.

My Kali's sat in solo cups way past when the nutes were used up. They were all looking pretty horrible and were root bound when I transplanted them into 1 gal pots of LOS (3 days ago). I'm just amazed at how the LOS cures pretty much every problem I cause my plants LOL!

I checked the moonshine haze yesterday and it hasn't matured a bit since week 10 (12x12). It has continued to pile on the weight though. Super weird that it's still 50/50 amber/cloudy (edit clear/cloudy) after another week. I'm going to let it go till next weekend and take her down regardless. I have a lot of family coming over for Christmas and I don't want to explain why I have a pot tree hanging in my garage (even though I'm a legal MMJ patient).

I've taken a full ounce of test buds and they're almost gone already hahaha. This pot is so happy (and slightly trippy) you just want to keep smoking and sharing it with everyone.

Thanks for stopping in buddy! :peace::Namaste::high-five:

Happy Tokerday Doc...:):)

You too GD, may your day be merry and bright. Bright enough to grow a big fat plant. :tokin:

You have a great outlook and mad skills Dr! Keep it up :)

Thanks scrubby! Hope your Tuesday has at least 1 big fat bud in it lol. :volcano-smiley:

Plants are crazy my bubs want to finsh a week earlier than ever and blue mystic is going a week longer than usual.
My temps are differnt in my tent than they were in the closet so im thinking that has somthing to do with it but I chalking it off to them being women lol.

Hey Dusty, I've never taken a plant past 10 weeks before. This is the first time I've grown this strain so I'm getting pretty antsy checking the trichomes every 15 minutes lol. What's weird is that the stuff closest to the lamp looks to be almost all cloudy. The other 3/4 of the plant is still 50/50.

Would you wait for the rest of the plant to mature or start chopping? This question is for anybody really.

You could always just take the tops and leave the rest for a week or so.

I believe when its time to chop its time to chop...the whole thing. Unless you study each bud theyre all gonna get mixed up and every nug is like a new lil adventure lol

Thanks guys,

I respect and appreciate the suggestions. :thanks::Namaste:

Last Sunday 10 weeks into flower, the trichomes were 50/50 cloudy/clear. This is my first true sativa so I'm not sure how long to let her go. I guess I'll just keep checking the trichomes until they're mostly cloudy with a few amber ones.

I've never taken a plant past 10 weeks so this is all new for me. It seems like the buds doubled in size over the last 10 days.

Hi dr. Checked out the mind blowing lineage/geneology of your MSH. Impressive! Imo the best sativa's mostly picked before any amber shows up.

Thanks brightlight!

That helps me out. I'm taking her down tomorrow. I had my friend check my trichs today they were mostly cloudy with a little clear on the buds I thought were 50/50 and there were ambers on the buds directly under the light. I shake so bad that I can't hold a loupe very well and apparently I'm blind too (according to my friend) LOL! Thank God for friends... :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom