DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring High Brix - LEDs & Cool Strains

Doc, thank you!
Will you run same strain, different sized pots, say 5, 7, & 10gal to see if growing 11/13 in a certain sized pot produces different from each other. Im wondering if the goldilocks pot size will turn out to be something unexpected :)

Goldilocks is always bigger, given adequate lighting. I have some folks who showed me some pretty convincing evidence that 10x10 was optimal for the Nor Cal growing season/conditions. 6 pounds per plant in 10x10, and the roots didn't quite hit the edges.

Basically we'd need 30 gallon pots to duplicate that indoors.......Curso style! LOL.

So pot size is more to shrink the plants down to a crappy indoor garden like mine. I want to get into a SOA greenhouse some day.

Has anyone experience with Gorilla Tent LITE versions ? I am looking at ordering one. :)
I have a Guerrilla Lite 4x8 and a couple Guerrilla regulars. In terms of windows, zipper openings and vent portals, they are laid out the exact same. The poles are smaller but the tent still feels strong holding 2x p1200 and a couple fans all from the top poles. The canvas feels the same as the regular but it could be a hair thinner... not a big deal IMO. My one beef is that it may be a bit wobblier than the regular but it still feels well made so I recommend them for sure. The bigger tents (greater than 4x8) could probably benefit from the rigidity of the regular.

image18694.jpg
I have to say Ziggy, I've seen brown eggs before but never green. Makes me think of Dr. Suess's Green eggs & Ham.

Basically we'd need 30 gallon pots to duplicate that indoors.......Curso style! LOL.

30 gallon trash cans baby, F... yeah :tommy:

There is a 100 gal softee..23 bux or so..DIMENSIONS: 38" Wide x 20" Tall.
That would take 1 1/2 bales of ProHP..:)
Booyah!

With the kind of tree that would produce you'd need to find some of those old Cheech & Chong Big Bamboo papers to do it justice.

what would be the approximate overall (indoor) veg time to take advantage of a pot that size? 30 gal

"find some of those old Cheech & Chong Big Bamboo papers"

They aint that old...i might have some stashed!

I would guess it would depend on your area if a pot that large is needed. The 20's produce some pretty nice plants. I think I could do a 30 but it would for sure only be one pot.

I personally like a variety to chose from especially while in my experimental mode :)
Next grow will be mostly an ACE grow. Im doing a 11/13 grow again, thinking about maybe 3 or 4 x 10(?) gal softees with 3 plants in each.
I think I will grow an ACE Panana..Doc mentioned he will too. I dont know which seed bank his Panama comes from, but it would great to see wazzup :)
I'll be using new tent, hopefully here by fri., for my 420grow since i will be able to hang lights. The current tent, (I use racks to suspend lights), damaged, will be a starter tent and to grow other types of plants..tomatoes, 1/2 doz or so of above ground herbs, and ginger, fresh wasabi ;)

Man you guys are making me miss my old garage. It was 36'x60'x at least 20' to 30 high, built to hold a couple of those huge motor homes. The only problem was it was in an illegal state so I couldn't take advantage of it. I could of grown a damn forest in that thing :)

Hey Zig. Here are my recommendations: I can only recommend the genuine bubblebags (bubblebag dot com slash store). I can also say go for the full 8-bag set. Size depends on how much you do and how often. I knew I'd only be growing for personal use and would never have a pile to wash so I got the 1 gal 4-bag set. I've already filled the open slots in my set though and have an 8-bag set. The quality of finished product is higher simply because you do a more-precise separation.

The Bubblebag-Lites are high-quality too and if bread is an obstacle, I can say the lights did just as good a job for my buddy who got them on my recommendation...lol

the last time I made it, I had a decent pile of produce to wash and we mixed it with a big spoon in a coleman cooler filled with RO ice. We got several of the 1 gal buckets and cut the bottoms off and put a bag in each one then stacked them and ran the drain tube through them as a pass-through filter. We easily ran 5 gal of slurry through these 1 gal bags.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom