DrZiggy's 2nd Journal - ACE Seeds - High Brix - LEDs

Its really cool that you've already created some interesting crosses with your genetic experiments. What do you think about that DJ whatshisname guys' contention that cannabis breeding is an outdoor game?

Maybe what he was getting at is that genetics is a numbers game. When you really want to explore a cross, you don't just fertilize a bud and plant a half dozen seeds, you fertilize a whole plant and plant all of the seeds. At least that's how we used to do our fruit fly experiments In my genetics labs.

Then again, I suppose it depends on the goals of your breeding program. Since soils seem to be a very important factor in phenotypical expression, just planting a favourite strain, then noting and communicating results is a worthy experiment in itself. ...Just stoned rambling :blunt:

I havent chopped the dude yet, and another one maybe coming out of the closet.
Hmmm..think of the incredible frankenstrains that could manifest...

They are so beautiful to watch while high, anytime actually. These sativas are my favorites...

Go for it Zigg. Other than wanting to make a real batch of purple malawi seeds since they're not normally available in regs I really wanna have an Ace orgy in my tent. Then each batch I can run a few of them and see what pops out each batch. Seems like a good way to always be smoking something a little different than the last harvest. I can't imagine anything that comes from crossing these genetics being that bad and I can imagine there would be a few over the years that end up being just amazing. The biggest problem I see with this plan is I want to make a bunch of seeds so I don't need to keep moms and I could see me falling in love with to many of the one offs and having even more moms in the end :rofl:

Go for it Zigg. Other than wanting to make a real batch of purple malawi seeds since they're not normally available in regs I really wanna have an Ace orgy in my tent. Then each batch I can run a few of them and see what pops out each batch. Seems like a good way to always be smoking something a little different than the last harvest. I can't imagine anything that comes from crossing these genetics being that bad and I can imagine there would be a few over the years that end up being just amazing. The biggest problem I see with this plan is I want to make a bunch of seeds so I don't need to keep moms and I could see me falling in love with to many of the one offs and having even more moms in the end :rofl:

I am leaning towards this.. :thumb:
Think of the potential..
Panama + Golden Tiger= Panama Gold
Purple Panama
Purple Zamaldelica
Purple Tiger
Purple WTF is Ziggy Smoking?
:rofl:

Whatever it is, pass it this way. :passitleft:

Ziggy, you know you're starting a mini gardening revolution with your tiers and your lighting schedule. I may be the only one to jump into the 11/13 but I suspect others will follow. There are three others that I know of considering the tiers. It's going to be an interesting season. :laughtwo::green_heart:

...I will definitely be trying the 11/13 schedule two grows from my current one when it will be all sativa's. Looks like the lineup will be:

Golden Tiger
Ghost Train Haze #1
Willie Nelson

That should be a fun grow...

I am leaning towards this.. :thumb:
Think of the potential..
Panama + Golden Tiger= Panama Gold
Purple Panama
Purple Zamaldelica
Purple Tiger
Purple WTF is Ziggy Smoking?
:rofl:

Yes! Everything is better once its purple :thumb:

Ziggy, you know you're starting a mini gardening revolution with your tiers and your lighting schedule. I may be the only one to jump into the 11/13 but I suspect others will follow. There are three others that I know of considering the tiers. It's going to be an interesting season. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I have been thinking about this, Docs paki makes my mind race with all kinds of great ideas...

How do you think two nice sized raised beds in the tent would work with the plan of alternating between batches to recondition the soil? I remember you said you leave your old pots as is and top dress the new goodies for the recycle, would this same concept work for a nice raised bed? Im thinking a nice big strip up each side of the tent with a walk way in the middle, one side in use per grow. Specifically thinking about this for running the ace strains 12/12 or 11/13 from seed or straight out of the keg cup with about 5 nodes. Seems like if it would work it would be much less moving of soil etc.

...I will definitely be trying the 11/13 schedule two grows from my current one when it will be all sativa's. Looks like the lineup will be:

Golden Tiger
Ghost Train Haze #1
Willie Nelson

That should be a fun grow...

Fuck yeah it should, should be even more fun to :rollit:

Yes! Everything is better once its purple :thumb:

I have been thinking about this, Docs paki makes my mind race with all kinds of great ideas...

How do you think two nice sized raised beds in the tent would work with the plan of alternating between batches to recondition the soil? I remember you said you leave your old pots as is and top dress the new goodies for the recycle, would this same concept work for a nice raised bed? Im thinking a nice big strip up each side of the tent with a walk way in the middle, one side in use per grow. Specifically thinking about this for running the ace strains 12/12 or 11/13 from seed or straight out of the keg cup with about 5 nodes. Seems like if it would work it would be much less moving of soil etc.

Fuck yeah it should, should be even more fun to :rollit:

Smokey, you have a walkway in your tent? I have a reachway :rofl:
Sounds like a plan..:)
A keg cup tiered on a 5" pot grows some decent sized colas. Im hoping sunday to cut a couple

Smokey, you have a walkway in your tent? I have a reachway :rofl:
Sounds like a plan..:)
A keg cup tiered on a 5" pot grows some decent sized colas. Im hoping sunday to cut a couple

Im currently only using about half of my 5x5 so around 2.5x5. I could run a 1.5-2' bed up each side and then alternate which one gets used. Might make it tight in there though I like all the room but I would probably put some kind of lid on the side that is not in use at the time so maybe it would make a nice little bench... I'll have to do some measuring :)

My 25 gallon totes/bins measure 30 x 21 inches and they're a foot deep. :cheesygrinsmiley: You could perfectly fit two of 'em into 5 feet. Maybe you'd want deeper ones though ...

I've seen grower use bins with great success. :thumb:

My 25 gallon totes/bins measure 30 x 21 inches and they're a foot deep. :cheesygrinsmiley: You could perfectly fit two of 'em into 5 feet. Maybe you'd want deeper ones though ...

I've seen grower use bins with great success. :thumb:

Thanks GT, 4 of those would probably work perfectly! Should leave me about a 18" walkway or so and I can sit on the unused side while im watering or working on them, yes i'm that lazy... My wife actually calls me La.... instead because she says i'm to lazy to complete the word :rofl:

Did they put holes in the bins for drainage?

I don't remember if they had drain holes ... :hmmmm: ... one guy had a larger room and he had 30-40 gallon totes on wheeled dollies ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was just thinking I would want wheels :rofl: probably easier to swap the bins from one side to the other than it would be to swap all the lights and etc. :thumb:

My first grow ever I did a couple plants in a bin kinda container I had built into the bottom of the cabinet. It didn't have any holes and I never had a problem that I can remember now but I only did it for one grow.

:idea: You could also stack the two you aren't using - frees up 1/4 of the tent ... nice and warm in there too, for cooking soil and keeping biota alive and happy.

:idea: You could also stack the two you aren't using - frees up 1/4 of the tent ... nice and warm in there too, for cooking soil and keeping biota alive and happy.

That might make the seat height even better... :high-five:

i got a question, totally related to the topic of the conversation

how long would i have to veg a plant inside a 30 gallon trashcan to get a descent root system?

Back
Top Bottom