Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

- Update -

Crystal Candy Auto #1
Day - 83

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 83 PEa1 / Day - 82 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 104 / Flip Day - 44

March 4
Hey everyone! The week has begun again and there’s lots going on! This will just be a quick photo update tonight but I’ll be sure to jampack tomorrows with pictures and info!

I believe PEa2 and CCa1 will be coming down this week. PEa2 has really slowed water intake and has little to no white pistils remaining. She’s frosted up nicely so I’ll be checking her trichomes closely tomorrow to see where she is as well as CCa1. PEa1 will still need a while since she’s got lots of bulking and growing left. She has a ton of white pistils still and I think she’s probably got about 2 weeks until harvest.

Well moving onto these critical ladies. There isn’t much to say but wooohoooo!! I’m just loving these 2 and how they have grown. From clone to now they have been just a pleasure to grow. Good feeders, strong growth and excellent Trichome coverage these may be taking the place in my garden for a few rounds! If they continue the frost production and bulk out how in expecting them to then there will be a good haul of some killer meds! I can’t wait to sample smoke them and squish a bit golden pile of rosin from them! Mmmmm Mmmm! Ok ok enough of me talking haha here’s a few photos!

Well that sums up this update! I hope you all have an amazing remainder of your day and stay medicated!!

Looking Great those are some nice frosty ladies. Thanks for answering my question earlier about the advanced feedings. I have started my next round and will be feeding at half strength though out my next grow

Highya Dutchie,

Congrats on chopping one CCa. Chalk up the size to the learning curve. You grew an auto, you learned, ansd have some nice smoke from it. Nothing wrong there! Your criticals are looking sweet! Cheers

Did I detect some nerves right there?
Maybe? Lol! I’ve been writing my vows this past few weeks.... trying to write down feelings isn’t my strong point lol but it’s coming together and I’m pretty sure I’ve got it nailed!

Nice harvest on the first auto! Nice to get something new to flatten :). Digging on those Criticals every time I see them.

Stirstick might have been asking for something a bit more specific...why so shy? Give the people what they want!

LOL!
Thanks shed! More press material is always a bonus and these critical are lovely aren’t they!

Ahh yes of course my apologies @Stu here is a picture of the macro lens attachment I use:
APP is called: Camera+ on my iPhone8 which I use for macro closeups and other photography filters and addons

Looking Great those are some nice frosty ladies. Thanks for answering my question earlier about the advanced feedings. I have started my next round and will be feeding at half strength though out my next grow
No Probkem N420! I hope this round turns out well for you! I’ll be sure to drop by and follow along!

Highya Dutchie,

Congrats on chopping one CCa. Chalk up the size to the learning curve. You grew an auto, you learned, ansd have some nice smoke from it. Nothing wrong there! Your criticals are looking sweet! Cheers
Thanks Bode! Another plant harvested is another successful grow is how I look at it! I got the plant from seed to harvest and it looks pretty darn good so I’m happy with it! More experience to toss into my grow log and more experience to put towards my next and upcoming grows!!

Cheers brother

- Update -

Crystal Candy Auto #1
Day - 84

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 84 PEa1 / Day - 83 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 105 / Flip Day - 45

March 5

Hello Hello everybody!! Whats goin on and happy tuesday! Ive got lots of stuff to tell you about today so without delay lets get to it!

CCa2 is hanging and drying nicely in my drying box. I will probably be jarring her by the end of the week.

CCa1 has matured well over these past few days and after zooming in and getting a closer inspection of her trichomes she is further along than I thought. I have noticed most of her pistils have changed now and she has slowed right down on water consuption so ive decided tomorrow will be her final day. I will place her into darkness tomorrow morning for 24hrs and then chop and harvest her. Here are some trichome shots for you all to see and make sure im not crazy!!!

Now speaking of harvesting and darktime I have been placing all my autos into 24hrs of darkness before I chop. Why? no particular reason ATM but I am doing a comparison on my criticals which should help me decide from here on out how I harvest and hopefully lend you all a hand in deciding if its worth it for you or not!

Whats the comparison you might ask? Well ive been reading more about dark periods and I have been wondering if its really worth it. Some say 24-48hrs others swear by 72hrs of darkness before a chop. Maybe you guys have some thoughts or input? Anyways my intended plan is going to be this...

Come harvest day on the criticals. One of them I will pull out cut down wash and hang as per my normal routine but the other I will place into a 72hr dark period before cutting and washing to hang dry. Now what im hoping to learn is what does this actually do if anything?? Ive read it helps terpene profiles, and the star of chlorophyll breakdown quicker because of the extended dark period. Honestly Im interested to find out if indeed there is a bonus to this dark period or if its just an added waste of time to your harvest.

Anyways... Back to the update! I was actually surprised when I was inspecting all the plants this morning and noticed how heavy PEa2 was. She hasnt been drinking I found out and taking a closer look at her buds I have found her to be mature enough to make the call! I have placed her into my 2x2 for 24Hrs of dark before harvesting tomorrow. Her buds are frosty and shes got a sweet pleasant smell to her right now. Im excited to try my first ever Pineappe Express! Here is a few photos of her buds and trichomes today before I placed her into the darkness.

PEa2 isnt there yet though. Shes got lots of white pistils still and is drinking quickly. She has been bulking up nicely over the past week and Im confident she will strongly outweigh her sister PEa2. Heres a few bud shots of her today hanging out in the tent.

Alrighty then... that sums up the autos so lets talk about these lovely Critical ladies for a minute!

They both needed a feeding:morenutes:today so in a gallon of distilled water I mixed up:

-5mL CalMag
-8mL Bloom A + B
-8mL BudCandy
-8mL OverDrive - First Time

So this was the first time I added Overdrive to the critical ladies. This is a late phase bloom booster so im hoping to see a bunch of bulking and fattening over the next few weeks until they are ripe and ready for harvest! Ill leave you with a few bud photos from today when I was watering and a little video to go along with it as well if you feel like something extra!!

Enjoy and Stay Medicated! :hookah:

Critical+2.0 Flower Day 45

Hey Dutch, what are those black draining containers you have under your plants? I like those a lot!
Hey HH! They are actually 2 separate pieces. One is just your typical drip tray for plants (16”) and the actual little plant stand is from a local garden Center near my house. They are elevated drain platforms which are awesome for the fabric pots! It keeps them above the lip of the drip trays so the fans blow air above below and around the entire pot for excellent air circulation. They are completely full of drain areas which help the pots drain evenly with no pooling and I would highly recommend if you can find them!

Hey HH! They are actually 2 separate pieces. One is just your typical drip tray for plants (16”) and the actual little plant stand is from a local garden Center near my house. They are elevated drain platforms which are awesome for the fabric pots! It keeps them above the lip of the drip trays so the fans blow air above below and around the entire pot for excellent air circulation. They are completely full of drain areas which help the pots drain evenly with no pooling and I would highly recommend if you can find them!
I was actually admiring those as well my local grow shop has plant stands just like those. After seeing those in your journal I was planning on getting those and putting them in some deep heavy duty saucers that my grow shop sells to catch the run off from my fabric pots so I don't make a mess in my tent anymore from the run off. How do you drain the run off from the drip trays?

Was also wondering if you use any type of environment controller in your grow tent at all and if so which one. I have been struggling a bit in my veg tent with an led to get my temps and humidity where I would like it

PEa2 isnt there yet though. Shes got lots of white pistils still and is drinking quickly. She has been bulking up nicely over the past week and Im confident she will strongly outweigh her sister PEa2.
I think you meant to say PEa1 isn't ready yet.
PEa2 actually looks great and is more ready for harvest than CCa2 in my opinion. CCA2 still has a bit of clear trichs from what I see - maybe could go another week?

If you're not fond of amber then now is the the time!

I tried an extended dark period on one of my plants and couldn't tell a difference in smell or through the loupe, so I never tried it again. SweetSue recently said she did had the same experience. Harvesting at first light seems to be recommended universally though.
1 vote for extended time on CCa1! I’m interested to see the difference and I feel this will be the best judge for me. Same pheno grown the exact same way in the same condition just the harvest method slightly different! I hope it clearly solves it for me for going forward! That extra 3 days is a pain lol.

I was actually admiring those as well my local grow shop has plant stands just like those. After seeing those in your journal I was planning on getting those and putting them in some deep heavy duty saucers that my grow shop sells to catch the run off from my fabric pots so I don't make a mess in my tent anymore from the run off. How do you drain the run off from the drip trays?
I would definitely recommend getting some! They work great and I’ve got extras in case I feel like expanding the garden haha! I actually don’t drain the runoff. When I get it I usually leave it for extra humidity in the tent. There’s never enough to overflow the catch trays and the pots are well above the water line to not be anywhere near to sitting in them.

Was also wondering if you use any type of environment controller in your grow tent at all and if so which one. I have been struggling a bit in my veg tent with an led to get my temps and humidity where I would like it
I do use controllers in both my tents. In my 4x4 I only have a temp controller running atm but in my 3x3 Mars tent I’ve got a temp and humidity controller. All of my controllers are “Inkbird” brand that I purchased from amazon. I have had great results with them and they work great. Each unit is accurate and I would purchase again if I need more or mine eventually stop working.

I think you meant to say PEa1 isn't ready yet.
PEa2 actually looks great and is more ready for harvest than CCa2 in my opinion. CCA2 still has a bit of clear trichs from what I see - maybe could go another week?
I agree and yes you are right! PEa2 is ready but I will be leaving CCa1 a little while longer for her to finish out!

Back
Top Bottom