Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

I'm not sure that's true of all nutes, but it is definitely true of cal-mag. A number of growers here (Penny included) stopped using RO water because of all the good things it was taking out.

Always good to start low, but I'd bump it up with each feeding as this is an auto and the clock is ticking toward pistils.

Thank Shed :thumb:

- Update Day -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 18

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 18 PEa1 / Day - 17 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 39

Dec.29
What’s up everyone! Happy Saturday and I hope your all enjoying the weekend so far! I don’t want to keep you to long so ...

Let’s get right into it shall we!

The Autoflowers are all looking much happier and perky today since being given their first feed of nutrients and a healthy dose of calmag. I’ll be continuing to keep an eye on them all to make sure they are ok and healthy as they are getting closer to their flowering start!

With that being said PEa1 and CCa1 are almost ready for topping and node stripping. I think with the feed and nutrient boost they will really take off. I will be pushing them out to day 20-21 before starting the quads on them. I want to make sure they are far enough along being healthy and strong before removing anything.The critical girls got fed today.

In 1L of distilled water went:

• 1mL CalMag
  • 2mL Voodoo Juice
  • 2.5mL Veg Nutes
  • PH 6.3
They are going to be getting transplanted tomorrow or Monday since I am seeing a lot of roots coming from the drain holes on these 1Gallon pots. They will be going into their final homes of 3Gal fabric pots in which them will be flowered. I will train them out in the 3Gals until I flip them around the second week of January. This should give them enough time to spread their roots and get that true qaudline look! Excited to see these girls taking shape and growing strong!

Hope your all well! Stay medicated :ganjamon:

Rain water...can't go wrong. Even in the winter, with a little luck and good planning, you can have it all winter. It's free and full of crap from the air we breathe. Weed loves it.

Intersting. I’ve got a rain barrel in the back but it’s for our vege gardens. It’s at the other end of my yard lol

Hi Dutchman. Your garden looks fantastic! :green_heart:
I’ll be taking a seat watching your grow. Hoping to grow some autos to supplement my White Widows in the early spring. Loving the visuals for detecting early def.
Will definitely be taking notes :popcorn:

Hi Dutchman. Your garden looks fantastic! :green_heart:
I’ll be taking a seat watching your grow. Hoping to grow some autos to supplement my White Widows in the early spring. Loving the visuals for detecting early def.
Will definitely be taking notes :popcorn:

Hi Rosie and welcome to the garden! I’m glad you could make it and I hope you enjoy yourself! Grab a blunt and a seat relax and enjoy the show!

Any questions please feel free to shout out and ask away!

My invitation must have been lost in the Christmas mail crush :rofl:

So I’ll just crash the party anyway :smokin:

:passitleft:

looking good Dutch. I read the first 2 pages and then skipped to yesterday’s update. Did I miss anything important? :hmmmm:

My apologies Amy! A few invites got lost in all the chaos! I’m glad your here now though!

There’s been steady info all the way through constant growth and the beginning of the qaudline process is documented.

Starting here is a great point since I’m just getting close to starting the training on the autos !

- Update Day -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 19/20

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 19/20 PEa1 / Day - 18/19 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 41

Dec.30
Steady growth on all the Autoflowers. Both of the Critical+2.0 need to be transplanted. No watering or feed updates.

Dec.31
Whats up everyone and Happy Monday! Its the last day of 2018 and theres going to be lots of fun new and exciting things to come here in the Dutchmans house! With new plants and breeding to come im very excited to see what 2019 holds in store!

So I missed yesterdays update since there wasnt much to report on and I felt I could mix it in with todays. So lets dive right into it then!

As you can see from all the above photos after the autoflowers got fed the other day they new growth has started coming in quicker and the lower discolourations have improved. CCa1 basically lost her bottom leaves from the CalMag issue but im happy to report shes looking great and is back in action! PEa2 was also affected by the calmag issue as she was slow to grow these past few days but has perked up and begun to take off. CCa2 has actually surpassed CCa1 in growth almost so theres been a big improvement in overall health of all the young autos. PEa1 is still the biggest of the group of autos and is almost ready for the start of her "quadline".

NOTE: I have noticed this run being more aware of the plants needs and well being that I could have given my seedlings a light feeding to help them transition. I am saying this because PromixHP has no nutrients in it and IMO they could have benefited from a small dose of calmag from earlier on. This could have saved me the damage done to CCa1. Lesson learned for next round, but we can learn to grow better by acknowleding these problems as soon as they arise.

Lets take a look at the Critical+2.0 girls. They both are in need of a transplant but unfortunately I only had one 3Gallon fabric pot on hand today. I have more on order and will be here tomorrow or wednesday. I figured the one girl could wait an extra day or 2 but will be getting done as soon as the pots arrive!

Now for the girl that got transplanted. Critical+2.0 #2. She was heavily rootbound as you can see here:

So after her much needed transplant I went ahead and did a bit of training on her as well. This was to remove a few inner fan leaves and the bottom growth coming from the main branches along the bottom. These will never amount to anything to removing them will allow more energy to go upwards to where we want it. All pictures have details below.

After Transplant

Removing the fan leaves and bottom growth tips.

Once its been removed adjust any ties and resecure. It should be more exposed and opened up in the center now allowing more light to get down to the small new growth.

This is the basic shape of the Quadline now and I will continue to train the "X" to the edges of the pot before I allow it to go vertical. I will be removing the same fan leaves and bottom growth off of node 3 but this will be once they catch up to node 4 in growth. This will basically be the final structure of the Quadline. Once we have trained the 4 main branches out to the edges of the pot and allow them to go vertical it will be flip time. Based on my schedule I am aiming to flip on January 20th. This will give me enough time to flower them out and get a cure going before my wedding.

I wish everyone a safe and happy New Years and I cant wait to tear it up in 2019 with you all!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE !:Namaste::green_heart::thanks::goodluck::ganjamon::passitleft:

Looks awesome Dutch. Happy New Year and best wishes in 2019!
Thanks a bunch sauga and I wish you an amazing 2019 to come!

Plants look great Dutch! When you take the lower growth tips leave the fans next to them. Since you've taken a few uppers you should leave the lowers where you can.

Happy 2019 to the whole Dutch clan. Have an edible New Year's Eve!
:theband:

Ahh ok thanks Shed! I knew I had to remove the growth tips but didn’t realize to leave the fans. I will be sure to do so on the other one and in the future! Thanks for the advice and I hope you and your family have an amazing and safe New Year!

Happy 2019 my friends!

With distilled or RO water, the trace nutrient needs of the plants – as well as calcium and magnesium – are much higher than those using tap water. Feel free to bump that number up without fear of injuring the plants.

Actually, the nutrient needs of the plant aren't any higher but the nutrient content of the water is lower! :laugh:
Both Calcium & Magnesium are typically present in adequate quantities in water, so the nute manufacturers don't put those minerals in their formulas in sufficient quantities. However, both the R/O and distillation process strip those minerals out, along with all other salts, so it needs to be added back in.

I'm not sure that's true of all nutes, but it is definitely true of cal-mag. A number of growers here (Penny included) stopped using RO water because of all the good things it was taking out.

Always good to start low, but I'd bump it up with each feeding as this is an auto and the clock is ticking toward pistils.

I use filtered tap water, but the R/O or Distilled is usually preferred by growers since it takes out the chlorine/chloramines which kill the soil biology; and also, when starting at a zero reading on a TDS meter, you are 100% in control of what the plants are getting. If, for example, you were to start with 150 PPM water, it would likely be fine BUT, you would have no way of knowing how much of those 150 PPM's were calcium vs. magnesium, vs. anything else without some lab analysis.

Rain water is fantastic as a natural water source and doesn't usually require Cal-Mag to be added unless the plant does have an unusually high need.

:Namaste:

BTW, Happy New Year, everyone! :theband:

Actually, the nutrient needs of the plant aren't any higher but the nutrient content of the water is lower! :laugh:
Both Calcium & Magnesium are typically present in adequate quantities in water, so the nute manufacturers don't put those minerals in their formulas in sufficient quantities. However, both the R/O and distillation process strip those minerals out, along with all other salts, so it needs to be added back in.

I use filtered tap water, but the R/O or Distilled is usually preferred by growers since it takes out the chlorine/chloramines which kill the soil biology; and also, when starting at a zero reading on a TDS meter, you are 100% in control of what the plants are getting. If, for example, you were to start with 150 PPM water, it would likely be fine BUT, you would have no way of knowing how much of those 150 PPM's were calcium vs. magnesium, vs. anything else without some lab analysis.

Rain water is fantastic as a natural water source and doesn't usually require Cal-Mag to be added unless the plant does have an unusually high need.

:Namaste:

BTW, Happy New Year, everyone! :theband:

Awesome info Krip! Thanks a ton for dropping by and I wish you and your family a happy and safe New Year!

Thank you for your informative auto journal dutch its great for newbies like me, I have 5 critical purple on 2nd week of flower I thought mine were behind in growth but after reading your whole journal here I think there doing good. Please I would love if you took a look at my journal and let me know what you think, I will definitely be doing the quad trick on my sour kush seeds I have I think ill sprout them this week. Happy new year!

Happy New Years Dutch, and congrats on your MotM title!
Thanks Penny and Happy New Year!

Thank you for your informative auto journal dutch its great for newbies like me, I have 5 critical purple on 2nd week of flower I thought mine were behind in growth but after reading your whole journal here I think there doing good. Please I would love if you took a look at my journal and let me know what you think, I will definitely be doing the quad trick on my sour kush seeds I have I think ill sprout them this week. Happy new year!

Hey Hants! Welcome aboard and I’m glad your finding things helpful so far! I’ll definitely pop over to your journal and have a look! Also I don’t see it in your signature.

Try this link to add it in so people can find it easier to tag along and help out!
Adding Links to Signature

Happy new year!

Thanks Penny and Happy New Year!

Hey Hants! Welcome aboard and I’m glad your finding things helpful so far! I’ll definitely pop over to your journal and have a look! Also I don’t see it in your signature.

Try this link to add it in so people can find it easier to tag along and help out!
Adding Links to Signature

Happy new year!
awesome even more helpful tips

Back
Top Bottom