Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

:rofl:

Haha, congrats again! Your lights might be shipped around this weekend or the early of next week from China, but don't worry, we will use fast shipping, as long as we ship out, you can get around 5 business days. :D
Hopefully will see the plants love our lights. :cheer:

Haha, congrats again! Your lights might be shipped around this weekend or the early of next week from China, but don't worry, we will use fast shipping, as long as we ship out, you can get around 5 business days. :D
Hopefully will see the plants love our lights. :cheer:

Sounds great! Thanks Sara!

- Update Day -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 22

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 22 PEa1 / Day - 21 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 43

Jan.2

Hello everyone! I hope your all well and getting a good start to the year! I have some great news that I am excited to share with you today about the autos and Im excited to start the quadlines up. So without rambling to much lets dive in.

Today I had to water/feed all the autos and I was going to start the quadline on CCa1 and PEa1 but I have decided to give them 1 more day. I know im pushing this for topping so late but these girls are pretty short. The node spacing is extremely tight less than .5" between each node and looking at them Ive just wanted to try and get them a bit bigger so they dont slow down from the topping. I will however be starting the quads hopefully tomorrow first thing in the morning and trying a little experiment which I hope works out well! (More on this later) Now as I had them out and was watering them i was giving them a good inspection. PEa1 and PEa2 are doing well and I feel PEa1 is ready for the quad start. As I was looking over the Crystal Candy autos something had caught my eyes.

PISTILS! Both CCa1 and CCa2 showed their first pistils today and Im sure both the PE girls are right behind. Im hoping that the start of week 3 will also bring the start of their growth spurt.

The feed im currently giving the autos is:

1Gal distilled water
-3mL CalMag
-8mL Voodoo Juice
-5mL Veg nute
-PH: 6.1

Im excited to start the quads and I hope they turn out. Now moving onto the critical+2.0 girls. After her transplant the other day #2 has been happy and perky. I was waiting for more 3Gal fabric pots to arrive and they did this morning so I went to work right away and transplanted #1. Her roots were thick and she was pretty badly rootbound.

After removing her from the 1gal I lightly pulled a few roots loose and proceeded to plant her in the new 3Gal. After being transplanted I watered her with 2L of the same mix from above. I then resecured her ties and placed her back in the 4x4 tent. As I had all the girls out of the 4x4 I vacuumed and wiped down the walls to do a quick dust and cleanup and then back in the girls went.

With everything progressing here I am quite pleased with how things look. I have made a few notes for my next grow already and Im sure there will be some more along the way. It seems theres always something new to learn with these lovely plants. The autoflowers have the 2x2 tent to themselves now so I hope I

With the start of the auto quads im getting eager and nervous! The quad process is new to me so im glad to have you all along here for the ride with me!

Hope you all a great day/evening and Stay Medicated! :Namaste::ganjamon:

If you don’t mind I’m going to sit down and watch the show. Beautiful plants Dutch. If I may ask when you switch to bloom nutrients for your autos do you switch right away or vegnutes - water - bloomnutes ? Just wondering how they take the switch.
Hey Edna and welcome to my neck of 420 paradise! Thanks for the kind words and I hope you find a comfy seat! Smoke and edibles on the table! Now as for feeding the autos veg to bloom I will be waiting a bit still for the transition of veg to bloom but the way I will be doing it is mixing my veg and bloom nutes together first at a higher veg to bloom and then tapering out my Veg Nutes. This will help encourage vegetative growth while going into bloom phase. Since autos are limited on veg time any additional growth is beneficial to the end harvest.

Big plants go in the big tent...makes perfect sense! Good timing on the up-can. It's always nice to get the roots out in one piece without bits falling all over or worse, falling apart!

I'm curious to see how the quad goes on the already flowering CCa compared to the still vegging PEa.
I agree 420% it was time she got transplanted and I’m glad she came out without any problems! That’s one of the main reasons I went with plastic 1gal ... for ease of transplanting!

I’m also curious to see how the compare to each other!! It’s another first for me so we can watch it unfold together !

That makes perfect sense Dutch! I thought I was going to hurt my girls with mixing the two. You explained that to a T. Cheers Dutch and I can’t wait to see those young girls strut their stuff :) cheers
I’m glad that made sense and I’m eagerly waiting for them to explode on me!

Have your started a grow Journal? If you have you should take a look at this link and add it to your signature:
Adding links to your signature
It will help people find you and join along with your grow! I will be sure to pop over!

I’m glad that made sense and I’m eagerly waiting for them to explode on me!

Have your started a grow Journal? If you have you should take a look at this link and add it to your signature:
Adding links to your signature
It will help people find you and join along with your grow! I will be sure to pop over!
I’m still learning the ropes on the forum, but I believe that’s my days off project. I can’t wait to get one started and have the pleasure of learning from the best! Thanks again Dutch. :)

- Update Day -

Day - 22

Day - 22 PEa1 / Day - 21 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 43

Jan.2

Hello everyone! I hope your all well and getting a good start to the year! I have some great news that I am excited to share with you today about the autos and Im excited to start the quadlines up. So without rambling to much lets dive in.

Today I had to water/feed all the autos and I was going to start the quadline on CCa1 and PEa1 but I have decided to give them 1 more day. I know im pushing this for topping so late but these girls are pretty short. The node spacing is extremely tight less than .5" between each node and looking at them Ive just wanted to try and get them a bit bigger so they dont slow down from the topping. I will however be starting the quads hopefully tomorrow first thing in the morning and trying a little experiment which I hope works out well! (More on this later) Now as I had them out and was watering them i was giving them a good inspection. PEa1 and PEa2 are doing well and I feel PEa1 is ready for the quad start. As I was looking over the Crystal Candy autos something had caught my eyes.

PISTILS! Both CCa1 and CCa2 showed their first pistils today and Im sure both the PE girls are right behind. Im hoping that the start of week 3 will also bring the start of their growth spurt.

The feed im currently giving the autos is:

1Gal distilled water
-3mL CalMag
-8mL Voodoo Juice
-5mL Veg nute
-PH: 6.1

Im excited to start the quads and I hope they turn out. Now moving onto the critical+2.0 girls. After her transplant the other day #2 has been happy and perky. I was waiting for more 3Gal fabric pots to arrive and they did this morning so I went to work right away and transplanted #1. Her roots were thick and she was pretty badly rootbound.

After removing her from the 1gal I lightly pulled a few roots loose and proceeded to plant her in the new 3Gal. After being transplanted I watered her with 2L of the same mix from above. I then resecured her ties and placed her back in the 4x4 tent. As I had all the girls out of the 4x4 I vacuumed and wiped down the walls to do a quick dust and cleanup and then back in the girls went.

With everything progressing here I am quite pleased with how things look. I have made a few notes for my next grow already and Im sure there will be some more along the way. It seems theres always something new to learn with these lovely plants. The autoflowers have the 2x2 tent to themselves now so I hope I

With the start of the auto quads im getting eager and nervous! The quad process is new to me so im glad to have you all along here for the ride with me!

Hope you all a great day/evening and Stay Medicated! :Namaste::ganjamon:
Love the plant dollies, how brilliant.

- Update Day -

Day - 23

Day - 23 PEa1 / Day - 22 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 44

Jan.3

What’s up everyone! I’ve got lots to go over today so I’m giving you a warning that this will be a BIG update!
So without to much chit chat I’ll try to dive right on in!

No food or water was given today.

So as mentioned yesterday it was time to start the quadline on the autoflowers PEa1 and CCa1. I remvoed them from the tent and began the process of starting off the "X" pattern. I only wanted to stress them once with the topping and node removal so it was all done today. Once both the girls were topped and had the lower nodes 1 and 2 removed I placed them back in the tent. I will let the pictures do the talking. If there are ANY questions at all about the process please ask and I will try my best to explain!

Once I returned to the tent I was inspecting CCa2 and decided she could begin her LST training as well since she was getting big enough I could bend her over. So with tying her main stalk to the edge of the pot I gently bent her over and tied her in the opposite direction. She will continue to get tied down and outwards to promote the lowers and inner growth.

PEa2 is still a bit to small to start this training on her so ill give her another few days. Still no signs of any pistils on either PE auto. From what I have read and heard from other members is the PE from @Barneys Farm Official starts showing preflowers around day 30. So I should start seeing them in the next week im assuming.

Now taking a look at the Critical+2.0 girls. #2 has been growing steady and perked up lovely since being transplanted earlier this week. I have been continuing to tie her down and work her 4 main branches out to the edges of the pot. On #1 I have been trying a little experiment. Looking back on a previous update I removed the lower growth on the branches.

But with this girl I wanted to try something different and save both growth tips. So over the past few days I have been massaging and manipulating that branch to bend and twist allowing both growth tips to start moving up. @Asesino85 i was wondering if you have ever tried this? I am doing it on both of the top branches to see how they do. Unlike with #2 where they have been removed entirely.

Maybe it wont work but from the looks of the training and manipulation so far they both seem to be growing upward giving me that extra growth tip. If it continues this way maybe this will be an addition to the overall structure of the quadline moving forward.

Phewf ! That was a lot to get through and I appreciate you all for listening. With the start of the Auto Quads im pretty excited. I hope they dont get slowed down but we will see!

Best wishes to you all and stay medicated my friends !

HIya Dutch! Happy new year man, wow you’re really starting it off in style :D

Congratulations on all the winnings - have you run out and bought a lottery ticket as well!?

One thing about growing outdoors, you really are at the mercy of the weather. I am fortunate to live in sunny California, and was especially fortunate this summer weather-wise. Very few days reached above 95F /35C (most were in the 70's and 80's) and from May through October only one day with a couple sprinkles of rain. The grow season is a long one, but the yields were fantastic for me.
Man that sounds so perfect - our summer has been pretty wet so far - and cold overnight early on too (I had to bring seedlings inside overnight a few times :eek:. I hope it sorts itself out for the rest of the season! Hope you’re enjoying all those beautiful bus Luiz!

:passitleft:

- Update Day -

Day - 23

Critical+2.0
Day - 44

Jan.3

What’s up everyone! I’ve got lots to go over today so I’m giving you a warning that this will be a BIG update!

So as mentioned yesterday it was time to start the quadline on the autoflowers PEa1 and CCa1. I remvoed them from the tent and began the process of starting off the "X" pattern. I only wanted to stress them once with the topping and node removal so it was all done today. Once both the girls were topped and had the lower nodes 1 and 2 removed I placed them back in the tent. I will let the pictures do the talking. If there are ANY questions at all about the process please ask and I will try my best to explain!

Once I returned to the tent I was inspecting CCa2 and decided she could begin her LST training as well since she was getting big enough I could bend her over. So with tying her main stalk to the edge of the pot I gently bent her over and tied her in the opposite direction. She will continue to get tied down and outwards to promote the lowers and inner growth.

PEa2 is still a bit to small to start this training on her so ill give her another few days. Still no signs of any pistils on either PE auto. From what I have read and heard from other members is the PE from @Barneys Farm Official starts showing preflowers around day 30. So I should start seeing them in the next week im assuming.

Now taking a look at the Critical+2.0 girls. #2 has been growing steady and perked up lovely since being transplanted earlier this week. I have been continuing to tie her down and work her 4 main branches out to the edges of the pot. On #1 I have been trying a little experiment. Looking back on a previous update I removed the lower growth on the branches.

But with this girl I wanted to try something different and save both growth tips. So over the past few days I have been massaging and manipulating that branch to bend and twist allowing both growth tips to start moving up. @Asesino85 i was wondering if you have ever tried this? I am doing it on both of the top branches to see how they do. Unlike with #2 where they have been removed entirely.

Maybe it wont work but from the looks of the training and manipulation so far they both seem to be growing upward giving me that extra growth tip. If it continues this way maybe this will be an addition to the overall structure of the quadline moving forward.

Phewf ! That was a lot to get through and I appreciate you all for listening. With the start of the Auto Quads im pretty excited. I hope they dont get slowed down but we will see!

Great update! Very interested to see how keeping both nodes works out for you. :popcorn::popcorn:

Amazing stuff my man! I'm keeping an eye on those Criticals. Everything is looking great, really good stuff! :goodjob:
Thanks Prof! I’m really excited about these critical girls and I’m hoping they turn out!

HIya Dutch! Happy new year man, wow you’re really starting it off in style :D

Congratulations on all the winnings - have you run out and bought a lottery ticket as well!?

Man that sounds so perfect - our summer has been pretty wet so far - and cold overnight early on too (I had to bring seedlings inside overnight a few times :eek:. I hope it sorts itself out for the rest of the season! Hope you’re enjoying all those beautiful bus Luiz!

Haha thanks Amy! No lottery tickets but I have some scratch cards from Christmas! Maybe I should pull them out and see if I got any winners haha

- Update Day -

Day - 23

Critical+2.0
Day - 44

Jan.3

Everything is looking great and the picture tutorials are A+.

I have tried not cutting off the bottom nodes and it just was too much work. Originally when I came up with quadlining I preached to bend and twist to get both nodes exposed to light. By doing that it makes the next node uneven and you just are constantly twisting and bending. A really high rate of breakage can happen as plants aren't made to really be twisted like that all the time. However, I have done it a few times before and it worked out. It just was a lot more work. Also the spacing in the middle of the plant when you are quadlining can get a little tight so one less node in there allows for some better airflow. You may find it works out for you great, and I hope it does, but I've found it to just be a little more trouble than it was worth. The first time I just cut it off instead the plant responded well and I never went back to the twisting method.

Truth be told I probably only spend twice a week in my grow area actually doing things. Most of the time I go there and feed the plants and take off. My first couple years of growing I was down there everyday checking on things and playing with the plants but as life has gotten busier for me, I just don't have the free time to be doing things on the daily. I feel like the twisting and bending method (without cutting off the node) just requires daily work to adjust the branches whereas if you just cut it off the plant structure doesn't change at all. Some people will highly disagree with this but I am a believer that the plant will re-direct the energy that would have gone to that node that was cutoff and it will make other nodes a little better. Ergo there really shouldn't be much of a difference in yield in the end. Obviously if you take this to an extreme and cut off a ton of nodes and just leave a few then you won't get the same yield result in the end as you have really damaged the plant, but I do think just taking one here and there is no big deal and typically I only remove those first 4 on the underside. I think that if I was doing Quadlined Autos I wouldn't take this bottom node so the plant doesn't incur any additional stress after topping as Autos can be really finicky.

Back
Top Bottom