Other than waiting for her to grow out of whatever funk she's in I got nothing. She looks so close to just getting her normal on to me. @West Hippie is the man in hydro. West, any idea why the critical above is showing some difficulty growing out of seedlinghood?
Water is not too high up into the net pot ? Appears something to do with the roots . No Z7 on hand ?

Water is not too high up into the net pot ? Appears something to do with the roots . No Z7 on hand ?
Okay I see your an inch below the net buckets. Nothing hanging on the roots ! Do you have a room temp bottle water ? Flush just the basket and puck and see what goes , always straightened out for me . 20c is my go to temp for DWC. Thanks Rex you know me give me clones no problem . Seedlings are a pain .

Okay I see your an inch below the net buckets. Nothing hanging on the roots ! Do you have a room temp bottle water ? Flush just the basket and puck and see what goes , always straightened out for me . 20c is my go to temp for DWC. Thanks Rex you know me give me clones no problem . Seedlings are a pain .
Seedlings are where I sweat the most. I kept looking at his VPD?

He's got rockwool in the hydroton, gotta be careful for dampening?

I'm truly looking forward to trying my hand at some clones....soon

Seedlings are where I sweat the most. I kept looking at his VPD?

He's got rockwool in the hydroton, gotta be careful for dampening?

I'm truly looking forward to trying my hand at some clones....soon
That’s all I use is rockwool , PW had got me started flushing seedlings that go astray.

Other than waiting for her to grow out of whatever funk she's in I got nothing. She looks so close to just getting her normal on to me.
Hi Otter!
And yeah thats true its so close to be on normal, but still somethings clearly not totally okay..
Feels like Ive been watching it for 2 days just getting worse.

Ive room temp tap water no problem. Tap waters about 8.2pH should I adjust its pH down to 5.8 (match res water) before flushing?
…This sounds tbh scarry af :eek: idk what happens to th RW, is the seedling gonna damp off as @Rexer mentioned? Or thats at least what I first thought.

Res water temp stays between 20-22C shouldn’t be a problem, and longest roots are like 5inches already and looks healthy white plus small tips pokin from thickest roots etc..

I get the idea flushing the bascket and RW because when I top fed her I just sprayd/poured tap water where was only mixed in Root Boosters.. So pH of it was something like ~8ish.
But yeah Ive no idea is she strong enough to survive from that flushing thing? @West Hippie want me to post a pic of the ”root mass” if that somehow could make the decision easier? :nerd-with-glasses:

Heres how she looks atm:
2912DF08-1660-439D-87AD-F9E7FFB9CF2E.jpeg

And then from under the LED how she looks more like ”live”:
ADC1447A-875F-48D4-996C-581D8573CE19.jpeg

Hi Otter!
And yeah thats true its so close to be on normal, but still somethings clearly not totally okay..
Feels like Ive been watching it for 2 days just getting worse.

Ive room temp tap water no problem. Tap waters about 8.2pH should I adjust its pH down to 5.8 (match res water) before flushing?
…This sounds tbh scarry af :eek: idk what happens to th RW, is the seedling gonna damp off as @Rexer mentioned? Or thats at least what I first thought.

Res water temp stays between 20-22C shouldn’t be a problem, and longest roots are like 5inches already and looks healthy white plus small tips pokin from thickest roots etc..

I get the idea flushing the bascket and RW because when I top fed her I just sprayd/poured tap water where was only mixed in Root Boosters.. So pH of it was something like ~8ish.
But yeah Ive no idea is she strong enough to survive from that flushing thing? @West Hippie want me to post a pic of the ”root mass” if that somehow could make the decision easier? :nerd-with-glasses:

Heres how she looks atm:
2912DF08-1660-439D-87AD-F9E7FFB9CF2E.jpeg

And then from under the LED how she looks more like ”live”:
ADC1447A-875F-48D4-996C-581D8573CE19.jpeg
Ph of 8 could have done it . I see the nice white root sticking out . That’s why I changed the answer,didn’t back up in the post far enough. Bottle water already has a ph of 6.3 and tds of 30 ppm . It has always been a quick fix for mine .

Hey @StoneOtter @Rexer @West Hippie
Decided to sleep overnight first and see if theres any improvement one way or another..

Judging by current look I started to wonder is that heat/light stress?
Temps are between 26-28C (78-82F) and yeah 82F might be a bit too hot.. BB Kushes seem to like it, but IMO dwc Critical edges of the leaves are tacoin’ or ”canoeing” up. That could explain crispy upwards poiting leaves, right?
DWC Critical’s cotyledons starting to turn into light green/lime as well. Wondering if she starts to needs N or nutes overall?
10329BF5-78CD-4194-8BAD-4FF0F74C9A4C.jpeg

C8CF9B78-3C04-46F3-A804-6210D73B3AE6.jpeg

And this one basicly looks like same as u would google ”cannabis seedling heat stress”… :oops:
E687D74D-3BEE-45C2-B6C5-FE198DAF9E30.jpeg

If taking care of the heat stress that probs wont solve those yellow/brown spots tho.

100w LED panel is 20cm above the plants.. thats pretty close but the LED has a cooler/radiator on the back so the glass/reflector of the led doesn’t heat up barely at all.

Also 2nd Critical in coco has been idling like this over 24hrs now. Could this be a sign of the heat stress as well?
Serrated leaves are just poiting upwards and she absolutely does nothing. Obv u would say here just wait and let her settle down, but she looks like she totally stopped living.
7397CD0A-05F7-4FEC-9F38-9B5DC6E4CA7B.jpeg

This must been hardest seedlig stage Ive ever had. And thats probs why Ive no clue what to do with them, because haven’t experienced anything similar before. :rolleyes:

Hey @StoneOtter @Rexer @West Hippie
Decided to sleep overnight first and see if theres any improvement one way or another..

Judging by current look I started to wonder is that heat/light stress?
Temps are between 26-28C (78-82F) and yeah 82F might be a bit too hot.. BB Kushes seem to like it, but IMO dwc Critical edges of the leaves are tacoin’ or ”canoeing” up. That could explain crispy upwards poiting leaves, right?
DWC Critical’s cotyledons starting to turn into light green/lime as well. Wondering if she starts to needs N or nutes overall?

And this one basicly looks like same as u would google ”cannabis seedling heat stress”… :oops:

If taking care of the heat stress that probs wont solve those yellow/brown spots tho.

100w LED panel is 20cm above the plants.. thats pretty close but the LED has a cooler/radiator on the back so the glass/reflector of the led doesn’t heat up barely at all.

Also 2nd Critical in coco has been idling like this over 24hrs now. Could this be a sign of the heat stress as well?
Serrated leaves are just poiting upwards and she absolutely does nothing. Obv u would say here just wait and let her settle down, but she looks like she totally stopped living.

This must been hardest seedlig stage Ive ever had. And thats probs why Ive no clue what to do with them, because haven’t experienced anything similar before. :rolleyes:

'Morning Verbalist!

You could try backing off the light a bit- I can't see that causing any harm at this point.

As you've noted- each strain responds differently to heat.

I thought you were feeding nutes around 250ppm?

Are you seeing any new growth, above or below (roots)? If yes, then she's slowly coming out of her funk....and patience and following the chart would be what's required imo

Also, did you try West Hippie's advice and do a flush?

Hey Verbalist!

As they say, the more eyes on a problem the better.

Id defer to West Hippie, StoneOtter and @FelipeBlu 's advice. These three together are about as good as a grower could ask to have in their corner. I'll of course still be following along, but my knowledge doesn't stack up to theirs.

Hey Verbalist!

As they say, the more eyes on a problem the better.

Id defer to West Hippie, StoneOtter and @FelipeBlu 's advice. These three together are about as good as a grower could ask to have in their corner. I'll of course still be following along, but my knowledge doesn't stack up to theirs.
You're a funny man Rexer! I look to you the same! We all have a different view of growing that put together makes something good. :love:

how high is your light off the seedlings and what level of dimming are you running at ?

also as noted everything being fed needs to be properly ph'd to the media.

Hola Verbalist!

And muchas gracias for the call, Rex!

20cm above seedlings seems too close for 100W LED. I would try raising it to about 50cm.
What kind of light is it? I have used a 100W quantum board for seedings, and started it about 60cm away.

Hi @Rexer @StoneOtter @bluter @FelipeBlu and thanks for your advices! I really appreciate it.
I thought you were feeding nutes around 250ppm?

Are you seeing any new growth, above or below (roots)?

Mostly Cal/Mag, but mentioned earlier that I addd 1/3 from recommended dosage TriPart Micro (For little N and Calcium)
And no really growth above, but roots at least growing fast and healthy. Longest ones are like 8" already.

You're a funny man Rexer! I look to you the same! We all have a different view of growing that put together makes something good. :love:

Indeed Otter! This community :love:

how high is your light off the seedlings and what level of dimming are you running at ?

also as noted everything being fed needs to be properly ph'd to the media.

Hola Verbalist!

And muchas gracias for the call, Rex!

20cm above seedlings seems too close for 100W LED. I would try raising it to about 50cm.
What kind of light is it? I have used a 100W quantum board for seedings, and started it about 60cm away.

100W LED panel was full blasting from 20cm distance.. lol I thought they were hungry for light, or at least BB Kushes were…
And coco feed (mostly Root Booster and 1/3 dosage Micro) and pH lowered to 5.8-6
And obv DWC’s pH being adjusted twice per day.

Again thanks for your advices :) So I decided to put Pheno#3 for last 48h sleeper and after that had space to place all the seedlings inside the tent! :)
Wanted to give them a better conditions already since this stage seems to be a one key for success.
NEW CONDITIONS:
- Temp: 23C (73F)
- Humidity: 45-55%
- Lamp distance: 60cm (and one 25W LED spot for extra light)
- now they also have a proper air circulation
7B6EF8B3-859E-4977-A66A-C9176858A855.jpeg

Also I think DWC Critical already got a bit better.. Leaves not canoeing that much anymore and looks shes a bit more ”settled down”
But still far from what it could be. But gotta keep tryin!

DWC adjustments:
- pH barely raised at all in past 24hrs (from 5.8 to 6.0) I’ll lower it to 5.8 later tonight.
- EC had risen from 0.5 to 0.6, water level - hard to tell, but static I guess.
(I will most likely make a new patch tomorrow anyway)
- Water temp steady 22C (71F) lights on
8F8F6A1F-2AD8-4D2B-8115-1B99524F2B6E.jpeg

IMO she looks a bit hungry as well, isnt she? Leaves having very ”light” feel
E6074B27-864E-4AE0-8282-5E8C49D0B309.jpeg

Also gave a clean sweep for the nute board.
A499036E-BD82-46B4-BDA8-DA731D713CA0.jpeg

Hopefully they like a little more their new home…

Back
Top Bottom