Dyold's Grow 1

Things are looking stellar Dyold, I'm subscribed, never seen a grow your size from the start before, should be interesting.
90F is a little warm for the plants but once you get the ventilation installed should make a huge difference. Lots of info on GLR lighting on the site, I've heard good things. Just search the site and you should find a couple articles or journals about it.
Good luck with your grow. :popcorn:

Thank you for the Sub Stealth !

I have been reading some articles here @ 420 and this is the reason I am asking active folks if they have tried this light cycle with success.

I am curious is there any time frame which you can start the GLR cycle if your have been running a 20 on / 4 off cycle?

I am starting to cut the light down by 6 minutes (notches on the timer) every other day or so I just knock another peg down.

Im not the guy that does glr and do not think your really worried about saving a couple bucks on your electricity and have the plants go into flower faster. I would personally just keep them at 18/6 in veg and flip to 12/12 Thats how I roll. but go for it if it seems like it would fit your style and benefit you. come check out my grow and ask away if you would like.

Has anyone tried the GLR light cycle for a legit grow. I have discussed this with some friends and everyone seems very hesitant to say how this work. I would love some feedback on this subject that is on the level and not some hype or joke. Thank you in advance. If your not comfortable posting here please PM me. Thanks.

Dyold I run the GLR on all my indoor grows. For vegging it works great and the lights are only on for 13 hours a day. In my signature there is a link to the twelve12 article. Looking at your setup cost doesn't seem like an issue but when your spinning the meter with a couple or more lights it adds up really fast. I'm going to pull up a chair and watch your beauties grow. Happy Munchday

good evening weed LA. Not a problem on my part. There is so much good info on this site it's hard to put a name to it at times. Happy Munchday

Welcome Shottafire and Beemerbill thank you for the sub and the great links. Hopefully I make a good run of it.

I am going to stick with 20 on 4 off for a couple weeks and then I may try the GLR for a week or two to see what it does. I have read that HPS are not the best for GLR as they can trigger the plant to flower because of the lack of blue light.

Makes sense that a full spectrum HPS would take care of that. If the GLR with HPS sends the ladys into flower then I have lost nothing but a week of veg growth.

Thanks for the links and the great info.

Welcome Shottafire and Beemerbill thank you for the sub and the great links. Hopefully I make a good run of it.

I am going to stick with 20 on 4 off for a couple weeks and then I may try the GLR for a week or two to see what it does. I have read that HPS are not the best for GLR as they can trigger the plant to flower because of the lack of blue light.

Makes sense that a full spectrum HPS would take care of that. If the GLR with HPS sends the ladys into flower then I have lost nothing but a week of veg growth.

Thanks for the links and the great info.

Good morning weed Dyold, I have never had that happen and I have vegged for 8 week before going to 12/12 for flowering. I only veg under MH and when I flip I change over to HPS. Have a Happy Tokerday.

I am running straight HPS bulbs not MH in the room. I have read that plants grown under HPS bulbs only have a chance of maybe going to flower if switching to a GLR light cycle. And YES I would love to decrease my cost to grow, so don't look at my setup and think I have a large bank account.

Everything I have purchased with exception of the my ventilation fans and Helios 7 is used equipment, Look around you can find good used equipment if your take the time to plan ahead.

Here is the 12 inch Hurricane fan installed yesterday for venting the heat in the room out.

20130923_131356.jpg

Dyold I didn't mean to indicate you had a large bank roll. Hell we all spend way to much on our equipment and if there is a way to save a little cash we all try. out where I live there is a dispensary, head shop and a used equipment store. All three right next to each other. It's nice to be from a legal state.

Yes I reside in a Medical/Recreational Legal state also thankfully.

I meant nor took any offense Beemerbill, just wanted it out there that I am working on a very limited and tight budget.

About the GLR light cycle question I posted earlier. I guess I am looking for someone who has tried this light cycle with NON-full spectrum HPS Bulbs. I notice most folks grow with MH for veg and HPS for Bloom. I am stuck with all HPS bulbs at the moment.

Well here a some pics of the last couple of days and with all 5 1000 watt lights on the timer and set to a 19 on 5 off schedule for the next 4 to 6 days at which time I will further decrease the light down to 18 on 6 off. I believe I will run this cycle for around 8 to 10 days then drop the girls into flower over a period of 10 days with 30 min blocks of darkness added every day to end in a 12/12 light cycle.

20130924_095620.jpg
20130924_095627.jpg
20130924_095643.jpg

The Runt of the litter is making a comeback, kinda question why I left it the room to begin with, however it is thriving suddenly.

20130924_095548.jpg

Temperature and Humidity look like they are under control with the 12" Hurricane fan sucking all the Heat out of the top of the room. Still have 2x8" Hurricane fans to install for the Hoods heat to be vented out of the room and one for fresh air intake.

20130924_095654.jpg

I am wondering about the Humidity levels. What is a "Perfect" number for indoor growing. Also does this provide a preventative degree against molds ?

Yep its better to try and keep the plants below 40% rh in flower. they can tolerate more but it can create a couple issues.

You will get a spike usually when the lights go off since the lights go off all of a sudden some moistutre is formed due to the room cooling off faster than the room can acclimate.

do you have a dehuey?

dryer air will also lead to more trichome production and a more potent finished product.

Shottafire I don't have a dehumidifier as winter is coming on and I believe the small forced air heater I will have to put in the room for the lights out cycle will most likely take care of any excess moisture.

Most people I know that are growing for Medical reasons are saying as high as 60% during Veg and 40 to 50 for Flower with Co2.
However I have noticed that most people are getting powdery mold or are having to constantly battle with it.

My thinking tells me that lower humidity=less moisture available in the air for mold to grow on. The down side is perhaps the plants take on more water thru the root system to account for the dryer air. Time will tell and I am comfortable with the Humidity range as it is, the higher number is from the watering that took place about 2 hrs before the lights went out for the dark time. Humidity has been averaging 38% to 42% so far.

Thanks for the response Shottafire and Happy Smokky to you.

Anything Wrong with my decreasing the light cycle as i described above ? Any constructive feedback is most welcomed.

set to a 19 on 5 off schedule for the next 4 to 6 days at which time I will further decrease the light down to 18 on 6 off. I believe I will run this cycle for around 8 to 10 days then drop the girls into flower over a period of 10 days with 30 min blocks of darkness added every day to end in a 12/12 light cycle.

Anything Wrong with my decreasing the light cycle as i described above ? Any constructive feedback is most welcomed.

set to a 19 on 5 off schedule for the next 4 to 6 days at which time I will further decrease the light down to 18 on 6 off. I believe I will run this cycle for around 8 to 10 days then drop the girls into flower over a period of 10 days with 30 min blocks of darkness added every day to end in a 12/12 light cycle.

I've never seen someone flip to flower in that way but I'm sure it won't hurt the plants, seems like a more natural way, then just one day flipping to 12/12. I personally did do the flip right from 18/6 to 12/12 but I put the girls into the dark for 36 hours before lights came back on to 12/12.
Your setup looks awesome Dyold, I wish it was fully legal in Canada... someday soon maybe.
Good luck with the grow. ;)

Sounds good Stealth. I was reading an article about diminishing light schedule's and the effect it has on the hormones within the plant that triggers flowering. The plants have responded very well going from full 24 ON to a 20/4 and I have increased the darkness by an hour over the last couple of days to 5 hours with good growth response, just need to fatten up the structure some.

I have been feeding the girls with Fox Farms Big Grow at the recommended REGULAR dosage per gallon and giving a measured 1/2 gallon of fortified water about every 3-4 days.

Back
Top Bottom