Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

Minor screw up today... it happens to everyone I hope.
I put a new timer in the circuit yesterday and set the time to the wrong am/pm. The lights would have gone off at 7am this morning, and was off until I got to them later in the afternoon.
They looked like they forgive me, but I fed them anyway because it was time to give the Geoflora another boost. They all got a good proper watering and a tablespoon of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG... I expect to see a growth spurt.

The new seeds are all showing activity. All the hulls have split and are starting to throw out tiny tails. By morning a few of them may be ready to plant. I will not be doing anything special at this stage... they will go straight from the water to soil, about 1/2 inch deep, pointy side down, root up.

DSCF9803.JPG
DSCF9802.JPG

The timer that I favor throws a real boink to my brain every time I reprogram it EM. I love the digital memory it has for power outages but programming the 24 hour clock just blows my mind unless I take pencil to paper. Yeah it happens.
Yep, been there, done that, got the T shirt...

The timer that I favor throws a real boink to my brain every time I reprogram it EM. I love the digital memory it has for power outages but programming the 24 hour clock just blows my mind unless I take pencil to paper. Yeah it happens.

go through the manual. even most new simple digital timers have an am/pm function as well as 24hr clock mode. if properly equipped, you can switch between the two at any time. it's done partly to avoid this very situation.

Today it was time to plant a few of our seeds since we are trying to rush them a bit so they are not too far behind the LSD plants. There were 3 out of 7 in both cups that had enough of a tail on them to justify planting, with the landrace seeds definitely looking more vigorous than the others. The rest of the seeds remain in the water for another evaluation and hopefully some more planting, tomorrow.

The solo cups were built by putting my activated soil mix up to the 2/3 mark. Then I added some @DYNOMYCO and some @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and filled the cups up to the top with more soil, knowing that upon full watering the level of the soil is going to drop at least a half inch. A hole was made in the middle 1/2 inch deep and using a tweezers I grabbed each seed and put it in that hole, roots up, and covered it with a small mound of soil. They were then lightly watered right around the seed area with just a few dribbles from my watering pitcher, sinking the mounded up soil down to the seed. I will continue to dribble a small amount twice a day until the seeds reach the surface.

Then, to keep everyone straight, labels were needed. The plant tags given to each of the plants now on the table can be explained by understanding the Zen of who they are.

DSCF9819.JPG

The Bushmans, being from the wild bush of a remote valley in what is now South Africa, have no need for fancy names or nametags. What in the world would a Bushman do with a nametag, anyway?... the thought is ridiculous. So they have no tags and are being allowed to be as wild as they wish... they are a landrace after all, and deserve that much respect.

DSCF9818.JPG

The Amnesia F2's were thinking of a name, but in the midst of discussing the perfect one, they forgot what they were talking about. Later when I inquired as to what they had decided on, they were able to pick a color, but not being able to remember the fine name they had come up with together, they decided as a group to leave their pretty purple tags blank, in case one of them remembered that perfect name later on.

DSCF9817.JPG

The powerful group of 5 older LSD Indicas decided to make a strong statement with their name tags. They are each displaying blank white billboard signs, pictorially indicating (because plants think in pictures, of course) the state of a wiped mind, that condition which they intend to inflict on anyone daring to smoke too much of them. You have to both respect and be very cautious of these bold and powerful ladies, for they are not afraid to tell you what they intend to do to you and seem very confident that they can do it.

More should be added tomorrow and we should be able to get a respectable grow going soon. The trick is going to be able to figure out how to make these 3 strong personalities play well with each other in the grow rooms and I suspect that I am in for a bit of a challenge. They will learn that I don't tolerate a lot of nonsense in my garden.
:hippy:

Highya Emmie,

Love the stories! The seedlings look real nice! Will be fun watching the seeds grab that super soil! Happy Smokin'

Today there have been no more tails worth getting excited about, although by morning we should have a few more demanding to see soil. None of the ones recently planted have shown yet and I am continuing to drab some water on the seed site morning and night.

The 5 LSDs are now getting their proper nutrition and doing well and really starting to put on some leaf surface area. These will be short while the sativas could be tall... this is certainly going to be an interesting grow.

DSCF9820.JPG

This morning the rest of the Bushmans got good tails and I planted them into cups before leaving for work. There were also 2 Amnesias up above the surface. This evening I was greeted by two more Bushmans and another Amnesia, so so right now 5 are above ground. The remaining 4 Amnesia seeds may be duds... they are just swelling in the cup and not cracking. I planted them anyway, so we will see what we end up with by the end of the week.
Meanwhile, the LSD plants are throwing up their third nodes and it won't be too long before they will need their first topping. I am topping at node 5 and then using the whack-a-mole multiple topping technique to train the plants into psychedelic LSD bushes... or at least that's the plan.

More details can be seen on the Sponsored grow thread, Cannapot Sponsored Grow : Bushman's & Amnesia F2 Regulars, by Emilya but here in the Veg Room thread I will show you the ones that are above the surface along with our trippy old LSD plants.

DSCF9836.JPG
DSCF9837.JPG

This morning I went up to water the new seeds and found one more Bushmans is up. The LSDs are the real shockers... most of them are already throwing up the 5th node! I am going to need to do the first topping this evening! Time sure flies when you are having fun!

the lsd come on fast and lanky, but can take their time in flower. you're gonna love the bud it produces, real high quality. i'm running it again sometime.

the lsd come on fast and lanky, but can take their time in flower. you're gonna love the bud it produces, real high quality. i'm running it again sometime.
I grew it out a few years ago and loved it! I didn't have nearly enough of it and it was the first pot of that batch to get used up. This run this time was a promise to myself to grow it out again and this time instead of just one plant, I have 5!

I have made a command decision to get rid of my fabric containers at the 1 gallon stage. I have bought 12 hard sided containers to use over and over again, starting with this grow, instead of cutting away the 1 gallon fabric bags and throwing them away when I move up to 3 gallon. I may also decide to do this at the 3 gallon stage, being very tired of throwing away or cleaning the cloth bags and the amount of work it takes to extract them or cut them away when going to the final containers. At the final 7 gallon stage, I have no plans on changing from the cloth bags. I am reasonably sure that I will still be able to establish a solid rootball in these traditional containers as I move toward the final.

This noob should have taken pictures. So far all of my "plastic" containers have had a nice root system established. I grew up poor, the idea of throwing a pot away after using it doesn't sit well, even if I can afford to.

I used to use all hard sided plastic containers, and actually those are what I developed my watering theories in. I think what got me stuck on the cloth bags is that it is so hard to get rootbound in them compared to a hard sided container, and being naturally obstinate with a touch of lazy, I never liked my plants demanding to be uppotted on their time instead of mine. They say that as we get older we get wiser too... I am still working on that.

Three more Bushmans are up for a total of 5. Still no new Amnesias. The LSD are almost ready to top, but still waiting on #5 to rise up a little bit more. They are between big waterings and have slowed down just a bit to increase leaf surface area and stretch out a bit. I'm not going to rush the topping until I can clearly get to where I need to cut, and even with my little cuticle scissors, right now it would be hard to do on all but one.

DSCF9840.JPG
DSCF9843.JPG

Back
Top Bottom