Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

It's been a while... 10 days, my no-post record ;-)

BabyPhoria is 54 days old. I think I'll wait until day 60 before flipping. I could do it right now because all her tops are pretty much trained to the same height. But my plants are not that big, so I could wait indefinitely... but the grow room humidity control and the grow experience in general is more difficult than during spring/summer. I guess the sooner I flip, the better chance I have to avoid further problems.

If I flip in 6 days... harvest would be like in the middle of February... outch.

Here's EuClonia...

20171126.jpg

20171126b.jpg

And BabyPhoria :

20171126d.JPG

20171126c.jpg

Both plants are pretty much the same height, except EuClonia has like 40 tops. Leaves are small, plant seems weeker in general, also drinks water less often. BabyPhoria uses more water, has bigger leaves, looks happier/healthier in general.

BP

Damn they look pretty. When I grow four at a time I want them looking like yours.

We'll be switching at similar time I'm interested to see how babyphoria stacks.

Keep going well

HS

Damn they look pretty. When I grow four at a time I want them looking like yours.

We'll be switching at similar time I'm interested to see how babyphoria stacks.

Keep going well

HS

Thanks HS,
Yeah, they are well trained, but they're not as healthy as I'd like. I just hope they make it till harvest. The environment is going to get difficult to control, as winter sets in.

Yeah switching to 12/12 soon.

Day 58... preparing to flip.

Well, not really flipping, transitioning.

I decided to do a slow transition, after a step-down from 20/4 to 15/9.
The slow transition will occur between 15/9, 14/10, 13/11 and 12/12, over 12-15 days.

My idea is that the plants will "trigger" and switch to flowering mode sometime during that transition. It may occur at 13/11, or 14/10, who knows.

One benefit is reduced stretch, more hours of illumination overall, for the longest time possible.

Another benefit... When I will see flowers appearing (after the pre-flower period)... it may be possible to have an insight as to "when" the plants triggered.
Ex: If I see flowers after 2 weeks from now, I can deduce that the trigger occurred with 14/10 or 15/9 schedule.
Ex: If I see flowers in 3 weeks, the trigger occurred with 13/11. If longer... they triggered at 12/12.

Then... I may go back, lets say, to 13/11 schedule for the remainder of the grow, except for the last weeks before harvest. With longer light period, this may extend the ripening, but I can also go with 11/13 or 10/14 at the end to speed things up.

Experiments, experiments, experiments...

Are you seeing pre-flowers?

Euclonia is a beast! ...so many tops!

Yes, I'm seeing pre-flowers ! Alternating nodes and everything ;-)

Yeah... ~ 40 tops. Can't wait to see if this will amount to good colas..

Pre-Flower pics coming up !

First, I just watered EuClonia, so lets see how she does...

20171202b.jpg

20171202a.jpg

Tried to get some good shots of some pre-flowers... very hard. The last two shots are with my macro lens. Very hard to get in-there so close with the lens, but two shots ended up being interrested.

IMG_20171202_140809.JPG

IMG_20171202_140734.JPG

IMG_20171202_140828.JPG

IMG_20171202_141030.JPG

IMG_20171202_144623.JPG

IMG_20171202_144710.JPG

Pre-Flower pics coming up !

First, I just watered EuClonia, so lets see how she does...

20171202b.jpg

20171202a.jpg

Tried to get some good shots of some pre-flowers... very hard. The last two shots are with my macro lens. Very hard to get in-there so close with the lens, but two shots ended up being interrested.

IMG_20171202_140809.JPG

IMG_20171202_140734.JPG

IMG_20171202_140828.JPG

IMG_20171202_141030.JPG

IMG_20171202_144623.JPG

IMG_20171202_144710.JPG
Niocly noicly. I'm about to go hunting my own :) it's the long pointy thing yeah?
Cheers BP

Pre-Flowering lights...

I've just adjusted my CFL lights, now using 50% 2700K Cfls.

My light schedule went from 24/0 to 20/4 to 15/9.
Then I went (4-5 days in between) from 15/9 to 14/10 and I'll be switching to 13/11 tomorrow.

When I'll see flowers, I'll change to 100% 2700K Cfls, or maybe only a couple of 6500K.

Pretty sure I'll keep the schedule on 13//11 (if they start flowering evidently) for a good part of flowering (4-6 weeks) then to 12/12 and finish possibly with 11/13.

Both plants have stretched a good deal during the last week already.
This will be accentuated on 13/11 and with the 50% 2700Ks...

BP

P.S.: I'll be posting a bunch of photos again, when pretty flowers show up!

Looking nice, this grow has caught my interest, have been thinking of growing Euphoria, in the same style, cropping and training keeping it flat like you have done. Subbing up.

If Euphoria appeals to you, you might also consider RQS Royal Highness. It's pretty much balanced in CBD/THC, but at 14% compared to Euphoria at 7-9%. Euphoria is 80% Indica while R-Highness is 60% Sativa / 40% Indica.

Since I have some Euphoria for a long while, next grow I'm planning on growing something completely different, RQS Pineapple Kush and RQS Haze Berry, and maybe I'll order some Royal Highness too.

BP

It's been 5 days on the 13//11 schedule, and flowering is clearly started. Tops are getting all bunched up and showing pistils.
And I'm not talking about the stretch... man I need to adjust the lights everyday, at least since a week.

So... it's pretty clear in my mind that the plants initiated their flowering when they were on the 14/10 schedule, or even 15/9.
I switched from 15/9 to 14/10... 13days ago, then 4 days on 14/10... and now 5 days on 13/11.

I will keep the schedule on 13/11 and see how it goes !

Photos coming as soon as I see some truly photogenic stuff ;-)
BP

Tropf Blumats ...

I'm considering using those, on a next grow, using coco-coir as the medium.

Coco was appealing to me, but watering everyday is too much of a chore.
Considered going Hydro (ebb & flow) but for 2 plants... it's overly complicated.
And I like to be able to move the pots around and be able to do LST easily, so DWC... not for me.

Then I read about those Blumats that seem to work very well with coco.

As the soil dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When the soil is sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat automatically stops taking in water.

You just need to get the water/nutes reservoir higher (gravity fed) than the coco pots...
The probes are adjustable, and over a couple of days you adjust them to get no (or very little) runoff water.
Of course, you have to flush with clear water once in a while.

Seems like the simple solution I was looking for.

I could even (maybe) complete this grow (in soil) with that (the bloom nutes I use are well disolved).

BP

It irritates me when someone replies and doesn't remove the images from the quote...

personally, i get irritated too, by posts with so many darn pics of the exact same thing, every bud looks the same bud, seriously

cheers

Back
Top Bottom