Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

are the lights touching each other?
she looks good,nice and even

The lights are not touching each other because they are arranged like this :

Lights_Ill.jpg

Also, I just added some reflectors very close to the lights and it works great.
You can see the basic reflector on this side view photo.

20171023c.jpg

I was surprised to measure 4100 Lux at the canopy. Before, I measured only 3200 max.

BP.

Euclonia photos after daily traning session (she's trained in about 12 different spots).

Top, side 1, side 2

20171026.jpg

20171026c.jpg

20171026b.JPG

Some training is done with metal wires plunged into the soil.
The rest is tied to the peripheral chain, witch is very useful, quick and efficient like I hoped it would be.

Nice and level, make sure you let her go vertical before the flip.

Not flipping for quite a while ! 27-30 days minimum to go... as I'll flip BabyPhoria at the same time as Euclonia.

BabyPhoria is 23 days old, but because of PH problems, she's about 5 days behind schedule.
So In my book she's 18 days old. I wanted to do ~60 days veg (before the unexpected arrival of Euclonia).

So there would be still 42 days left in Veg, but I think Euclonia would become too big a monster.
So maybe I'll have to flip sooner, but still... I'd like to keep veging for a minimum of 27 days if possible.

BP.

This photo was taken under the lights, and the center 2700K bulb makes it look yellower in appearance.

201710261.JPG

But there are 2 things that make me wonder...
1- Some leaves have their serrated edges curling upwards.
2- Some leaves (top-middle-right of photo) are half-pale and half-dark. The plants looked more yellow before because of PH issues, so it must just be a consequence of transitioning from pale-to-darker green.

My temps are good, but struggling to raise humidity over 50%.
I'm at 47% right now. Humidifier running full time, RH ranges from 47% to 53% depending.

Maybe my lights are a little too close...

A light LST for BabyPhoria... her big fan leaves were always shooting almost vertically to the lights.

20171027.jpg

A lot of LST for EuClonia... She's growing fast now, I need to adjust LST once or twice a day.
I see like 25 tops... it's shooting from everywhere. :)

20171027.JPG

Day 26...

Man, I wish BabyPhoria had'nt lost 5-6 days in her early weeks... But at least she's doing great now.

Green as can be, growing fast every day. She's starting to grow 2 shoots where she was topped, and several shoots at every node below.

20171029b.jpg

20171029.JPG

Day 26 :

I wish BabyPhoria hadn't lost 5-6 days in her early weeks... But at least she's doing great now.

Green as can be, growing fast every day. She's starting to grow 2 shoots where she was topped, and many shoots at every node below.

20171029b.jpg

20171029.JPG

I thought I could post a 360 deg video tour of EuClonia !

[video=vimeo;240518759]
[/video]

It's becoming quit a puzzle doing LST on her. In the center, little stems are catching up in height, so eventually I'll have to let the side branches grow vertically... at least some, until I can find a place to bend-to the center ones.

I'm counting 26 tops on the next photo, but I know there are more, little ones, hidden under some leaves.
It's so much fun this plant-experiment !!!

20171030.jpg

Lots of tops!
Are you feeding them yet? What nutes are you going with this time?

Not feeding nutes yet.

In fact, Euclonia is exhibiting a little bit of toxicity (clawed older leaves and burnt tips) from the hot soil (shrimp compost).
But I'm used to seeing that, all my plants have done that when they are propagating roots in the new soil in the final pot.

On my first grow... I had barely started giving EJ Grow nutes before flipping to 12/12, so I have plenty of EJ-Grow left.

EJ-Grow was fine, and that's what I'll feed BabyP and EuClonia when they need it. Could be a while, or could do without... ;-)

I'm planning on trying Botanicare's Pure-Blend Pro-Soil for Flowering. (mixed with EJ-Grow for pre-flowering maybe).
It's not 100% organic, but close. It seems more stable and better PH-wise.
I'm still trying to find some in 1L bottles (4L is too much).

BP

Fungus Gnats :

I was expecting them to make a return around 21 days after last seeing some.

Today was day 20 since last sighting, and I just saw one around BabyPhoria while doing LST on EuClonia.

There is sticky yellow tape everywhere to welcome the next generation ;-)

Back
Top Bottom