Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

Yeah, I re-potted Euclonia. It went well.

She'll be a lot more happy in my miracle-bucket. I think I'll see a big grow boom in a few days !

Re-pot-2.JPG

Re-pot5.JPG

As educational as this journal is turning out to be for me, my favorite part is the mad max training pot.
Subbed

Ahahaha, your Mad Max expression provoked quite a laughter here, my unmarried wife liked that a lot. This pot goes by a lot of nicknames, like the holybucket, etc. Keep the nicknames coming, its fun !

Even if the efficiency of the bucket was a failure, it'd be worth the trouble just for its entertainment value !

Thanks for subscribing,
BP

EuClonia update :

She seems happy in her new pot/soil. Gave her a small watering (until her roots develop and she fills the big pot better) 2 days ago.

Some tops were more exposed to light and are growing taller than others, so I did my first training session this morning.

A couple of the older leaves look not-so-good, but I'm not too worried. She was moved from another house (under weak neon lights), she's only been in her new house 7 days, got super-cropped, had fungus gnats, and was re-potted...

Took a shot from the side before training.

20171016.JPG

Then from the top, after training :

20171016b.JPG

EuClonia update :

She seems happy in her new pot/soil. Gave her a small watering (until her roots develop and she fills the big pot better) 2 days ago.

Some tops were more exposed to light and are growing taller than others, so I did my first training session this morning.

A couple of the older leaves look not-so-good, but I'm not too worried. She was moved from another house (under weak neon lights), she's only been in her new house 7 days, got super-cropped, had fungus gnats, and was re-potted...

Took a shot from the side before training.

20171016.JPG

Then from the top, after training :

20171016b.JPG
Looking good ✌️

BabyPhoria update :

She looks ok, but she grows slow. After 12 days in soil, she is only as big as previous Euphoria was at 7 days.
At 10 days, previous Euphoria was already repotted because her roots were filling the solo-cup. Much slower with babyphoria.
At 12 days, previous-phoria was much bigger and looked much stronger.

Things that are maybe different...
- At ~9 days old-horia had 4 x 6500K CFLs; Baby Phoria is still on 2 (1x2700k 1x6500k).
- This time, the several times I watered, I watered by soaking the bottom, and did not let the soil get wet up to the top. So she was less wet than previous phoria. Maybe baby-phoria feels under watered. I "could" give her a partial feeding from the top, as to moist the old Jiffy and top of soil...

BabyPhoria is a paler green and her leaves look thin, while old-phoria had fat darker leaves.

Temps are around 20-22 celcius (70-72 F).
Hmmmm...

- I was afraid to give her 4 cfl since shes small and pale green. Maybe I should.
- Next watering Ill do it from the top, like before, but she's not due yet.
- Maybe I should stick with 100% 6500K cfls for the seedling stage...

Opinions ?

I just added a second 6500K. So its 1 x 2700K + 2 x 6500K.

I saw on one of my older photos that my lights were kept 3-4 inches over the seedlings before. Grew well.

This time, I'm leaving my bulbs within 2 inches. Maybe the plant does not like it that close as a seedling...

She still looks fine. I just was hoping that this time everything I did would be 100 times better... guess not ;-)

131064.JPG

Oh, there is something else I'm doing different...

Time schedule is 24/0... last grow was 20/4. Maybe it's too demanding on a seedling.

Anyway, I'm trying something new... A yeast and sugar CO2 generator. Fresh CO2 right on top of BabyPhoria.

13b1.JPG

This is an early re-potting, from solo-cup to 5gal pot...

But the seedling-mix seemed to have not enough nutes, roots were coming out from the bottom, watering was due soon...
So I decided it was the right time to change the pot.

141048.jpg

In the hope that she'll be more happy in this soil mix (with compost) and she'll truly get growing now !

Continuing training on EuClonia.

Some deficiencies/PH problems I think...

20171018.JPG

The burnt edges look like potassium (K) deficiency.

20171018b.JPG

Tan or brown spotting are reminiscent of PH fluctuations...

20171018c.JPG

Overall looks ok, but new growth seems to have some tip-burn, and leaves look "3D" wrinkled...

Maybe its just an accumulation of recent stresses and she'll grow out of it...

Back
Top Bottom