Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

A big change of plans...

On my last grow I gave an Euphoria clone to someone... That was about 2 months ago.
Well, he came this morning to give me one of his own Euphoria clone !

Ahahah, I didn't plan on having two plants at all, but hey, I'll have to get working on my second light fixture.

This plant has not been topped, it's not growing in the way that I would like, so I have no clue where to cut it and/or start training it.
Maybe it would be the perfect plant to start with a Super-cropping right at the main stem and grow it sideways ?

Here she is...

New_Clone.JPG

How would you start, knowing that I'd like to have as short a plant as possible, with as many tops as possible, with a veg period of 45-60 days ?

I dont know exactly how old this clone is...

Also, not sure what to do with the small seedling... I suppose I wont be vegging it for 2 months now...
I have just one grow room and both plants should go to 12/12 at the same time.

Either I top/prune/bend the hell out of the clone for 2 months, OR I veg the seedling for a shorter time than 2 months.
But My initial plan was to have fun veggin the seedling the longest possible, with as many (~20) tops as possible.

Thanks, BP

A big change of plans...

On my last grow I gave an Euphoria clone to someone... That was about 2 months ago.
Well, he came this morning to give me one of his own Euphoria clone !

Ahahah, I didn't plan on having two plants at all, but hey, I'll have to get working on my second light fixture.

This plant has not been topped, it's not growing in the way that I would like, so I have no clue where to cut it and/or start training it.
Maybe it would be the perfect plant to start with a Super-cropping right at the main stem and grow it sideways ?

Here she is...

New_Clone.JPG

How would you start, knowing that I'd like to have as short a plant as possible, with as many tops as possible, with a veg period of 45-60 days ?

I dont know exactly how old this clone is...
Thanks, BP
I would transplant to a bigger pot if you can and then you would have more room to drill holes around pot and anchor your ties to. I would tie it down and each day it will go down a little more till you get were you want and then you can start tying your branches down as they grow to keep even canopy. Hope that makes sense lol.✌️

Ok guys, just to be spared the basic newbie advices...

Please see page 1 of this log and or past journals. You'll see what pots I have.

This plant (that I got this morning) is going in my bigger pot asap, of course.

I know what pots to use, how to tie branches, etc.

I am interested in opinions as to the best way to attack this plant, globally, aggressively, with the best long term strategy to attain the goals described. :peace:

I would super crop in between the first and second node if you are gonna go that route but it really depends how you want to ultimately shape her. I got alot of advice from the pros on training when I started but I found it best to just get a vision of how I want her to look and what method I want to use and go for it. I'm sure you will do fine, once you start shaping her it will come together. ✌️

Id gently supercrop just above the second node, that looks like it will expose all the nodes to direct light.
How long does it normally take for them to recover from super crop, I've only used LST indoor but I have got good results with keeping a even canopy. I may try super cropping a couple of mine this run just to experiment a little lol.✌️

Ive seen them bounce back up overnight and stick their little tongues out at me. But usually within a couple of days the tops will have turned back up and growing normally.

What a nice little surprise! Baby Phoria's step-mother?

You could offset it in the new pot so you have room to pull the whole thing over. It looks like it might be pliable enough to bend over quite a bit without creasing it. Do you have another frankenbucket?

What a nice little surprise! Baby Phoria's step-mother?

You could offset it in the new pot so you have room to pull the whole thing over. It looks like it might be pliable enough to bend over quite a bit without creasing it. Do you have another frankenbucket?

Heyhey, Yes one of my my frankenbuckets is ready, and I have already mixed the new soil for her.

BUT, the plant he gave me is like soaking wet, so I'll have to wait a few days before I re-pot, grrr.

Yes, I will offset the plant even if I hate asymmetrical things ;-), there is no other way if I supercrop the stem at the 2nd node.

- I think I'd top her (before or after the S.Cropping) so that stem stops and splits in 2 stems. After that I may be able lst the two tops so each one goes left-right... Good idea ?
- If I top, I could do it right now, and then re-pot in a few days. I could S.Crop right now, but it will make re-potting more difficult, so I think I'll do the supercropping after I re-pot, so that'd be like in 4-5 days minimum (re-pot in 2-3, then wait a few days, then s.c.

Finally, after looking at this plant from all angles and consulting with her... here's what I decided in the afternoon yesterday :

- I supercropped her before the 2nd node, right away. It'll save me time (training wise).
- I decided not to top at the apical end, and wait to see how the plant develops in the next days and how she will fit in the new bucket.

This morning, all growth is almost completely turned towards the lights (that I left higher last night). I brought the lights back closer this morning. I think the plant is now getting back to its business, as if nothing happened.

Good day !
BP

Here's a pic of Euclonia :

Super-crop-1.JPG

After I supercropped her, the stem didn't support its own weight, so I put a little foam support under. I checked today if I could remove the foam, but she's not strong enough yet.

And here's baby Phoria, as she keeps doing her thing ;-)

Day 7 :

10677.JPG

I put BabyPhoria under her own 2 bulb (2700K:6500K) setup. A temporary power-bar arrangement until I make a second proper fixture.

He she is at day 9 :

111254.JPG

I'm already seeing roots on the borders of the (see-thru) solo-cup.
The leaves dont look dark-green-healthy like I'd wish, but shes just a seedling and she'll get better looking when I re-pot her in her final soil.

Back
Top Bottom